Preview Changes/Preview - Round 19 vs. Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see Petty is rewarded again as our #1 ruck, dont want to disrupt that winning formula. Great to have Billings back. So much to like as a supporter.

Last edited:

Honestly I'm just glad Max isn't playing.

But why is petty playing? Goody values the defensive structures above all else!

- Flexibility that if May/Lever/McDonald goes down inj that he can be swung back.

- Petty floats back as spare if have a lead late i.e. Goody parking the bus

- Switch McDonald and Petty if forward line not functioning or need a hail Mary in last quarter.

Fullarton would just get monstered and can't do any of the above for us. Verrall just isn't fit enough.

Not saying I'm loving it. Probably just justifying it to myself...

Where's that from?

In here somewhere, basically says he got through training but was deliberately only using his left and a physio noticed and made him kick with his right and immediately pulled him out

In here somewhere, basically says he got through training but was deliberately only using his left and a physio noticed and made him kick with his right and immediately pulled him out

Makes me think of the mighty ducks when Adam banks tried to say he was good to play before coach Bombay made him do the hockey stick wrist twist. Sack Goodwin bring in Bombay.

images (56).jpeg

- Flexibility that if May/Lever/McDonald goes down inj that he can be swung back.

- Switch McDonald and Petty if forward line not functioning or need a hail Mary in last quarter.

Fullarton would just get monstered and can't do any of the above for us. Verrall just isn't fit enough.

Not sure we need a spare/injury cover key defender if one of the existing 3 go down, but Turner is in the team if that was needed.

Petty took 2 marks last week and was soundly beaten in the air by Draper and McKay in every contest, not sure how much help he would be floating back as a spare atm.

If they wanted to switch, Turner is there to swap with TMac if we're that desperate, but the point in Fullarton would be he's showing more forward than Petty has all year.

Yep, Fullarton isn't as much of a mongrel or competitor as Petty, but Petty's form is horrendous and Fullarton has shown more at VFL level as a ground level player (7 clearances last week), around the ground (21 disposals) and as a forward (more goals in the last month than Petty has kicked for the year).

It's not about the role, there's plenty of options there, it's about form.

I mean, most on here are saying you can throw any muppet into the ruck. Yet are melting about rotating Petty and JVR through there and that Fullerton should be playing. While I agree Petty has been horrible, Fullerton is a forward who pinch hits in the ruck. And tbh, has just been going ok at VFL level. JVR actually looks much better than Fullerton as a ruck. The kid uses his body exceptionally well. I don't know. Fullerton for Petty wasn't going to make any difference. We're best sharking the Freo ruck taps. Worked well last week. We're gonna get smashed anyway :)

He's taking the piss.

Based on what exactly?

Fullarton had 7 clearances and 21 disposals last week. Petty is averaging 8 disposals and 0.1 clearances this year. Fullarton would absolutely be worth a shot in place of Petty in terms of what Goody wants to try and do with the ruck. That's not even taking into account scoreboard impact, Petty has kicked 4 goals for the year. 4. Fullarton has more than that just in the last month while playing a fair bit of ruck with Verrall out.

Yeah it's completely different levels, not saying Faullarton would be great, but keeping him out based on Petty's current contributions is an appalling look for our selection integrity and culcultur
Based on the fact that whilst Fullarton played about 80% in the ruck for majority of the game he got a grand total of 5 hitouts against Nick Bryan from Essendon who had 53 hitouts.

Varrell played more of a forward role and still had 15 hitouts.

Petty was absolutely woeful last week but lets not pretend Fullarton would make any more difference, he is a softer version of Schache.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You reckon? Blokes well known for trying to push back early. He wanted to play last week
Of course he wanted to play but I don't think hes saying he was going to hide and injury to do so. Just comes off as Gawn being Gawn imo.

Of course he wanted to play but I don't think hes saying he was going to hide and injury to do so. Just comes off as Gawn being Gawn imo.
If it wasn't for what happened to Trac I reckon we'd have cleared him to play. They just dont want another big name player to play thru an injury and make it worse right now, media would be all over us.

If it wasn't for what happened to Trac I reckon we'd have cleared him to play.
Maybe. Personally don't see the point in getting mad about something that didn't happen and Gawn being his usual irreverent self in an interview.

Maybe. Personally don't see the point in getting mad about something that didn't happen and Gawn being his usual irreverent self in an interview.
Im not mad, im rapt we are rolling with my #1 ruck choice Petty again this week who has a 100% winning strike rate as the #1 ruck. What were we again? 8 wins from the past 10 games without Gawn? The less Gawn the better. :)

This

Im not mad, im rapt we are rolling with my #1 ruck choice Petty again this week who has a 100% winning strike rate as the #1 ruck. What were we again? 8 wins from the past 10 games without Gawn? The less Gawn the better. :)
Come down to my environment lab
1000012020.png

Im not mad, im rapt we are rolling with my #1 ruck choice Petty again this week who has a 100% winning strike rate as the #1 ruck.
Rate this. Petty getting to (maybe even passing) Schache levels of ineptitude, so becomes a meme hero on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back