Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Expected as much yesterday with the reports but still a gut punch to hear it confirmed. Demonland are going to be shattered, they were running with he will be out for only 5 weeks yesterday. Shocked they were wrong, so many ITK over there. 😜

Brown out for a couple of weeks according to Richo, so its down to Grundy or Schache if we want to go with the standard 2 KPF F50

Hopefully it's neither of the above. Smith forward, Tomlinson or Hibberd back makes most sense.

A forward line of JVR, Smith, Trac, Melk, Kozi, Chandler and ANB can still do plenty of damage and also defend at ground level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hopefully it's neither of the above. Smith forward, Tomlinson or Hibberd back makes most sense.

A forward line of JVR, Smith, Trac, Melk, Kozi, Chandler and ANB can still do plenty of damage and also defend at ground level.

Im starting to feel like it will be Grundy. If he doesnt get named this week I think we can just about put a line thru him for his time at Melbourne barring a Gawn injury.

Hopefully the rain stays away, we've played two absolute stinkers in it this year for whatever reason.
Wonder if it has anything to do with us playing three tall forwards and two ruckmen in the wet.

Wonder if it has anything to do with us playing three tall forwards and two ruckmen in the wet.
Bringing in Ben Brown for a first up game off a long layoff in a monsoon might be my favourite change all season

I expect it will be Grundy too. Don't Carlton run two rucks? I feel like they will push Max forward and ruck Grundy around the ground more.
If we must bring him in I'd rather Grundy forward. Grundy can't cover the ground like Gawn and can't pop back into defence to take an intercept. Putting Gawn forward just makes us weaker in two areas. Put Grundy forward and just get him to try and bring the ball to ground at every opportunity.

I expect it will be Grundy too. Don't Carlton run two rucks? I feel like they will push Max forward and ruck Grundy around the ground more.
Ew ew and ew. Let's not ruin two positions at once. Max is a better ruck. Would be diabolical if we ruined his form and brought in an out of form Grundy to ruck in a must win game aswell.

I don't wanna see Grundy in the 22 again, square peg round hole

If we must bring him in I'd rather Grundy forward. Grundy can't cover the ground like Gawn and can't pop back into defence to take an intercept. Putting Gawn forward just makes us weaker in two areas. Put Grundy forward and just get him to try and bring the ball to ground at every opportunity.
Oh I'd much prefer Gawn around the ground and pushing back. But Grundy is terrible forward - at least Max can take grabs up forward and is stronger in the contest than Grundy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This strategy expressly did not work during most of the first 14 games of the season. It is therefore unlikely it will work if tried again.

Oh I'd much prefer Gawn around the ground and pushing back. But Grundy is terrible forward - at least Max can take grabs up forward and is stronger in the contest than Grundy.
Either do I, I just feel it's what Goody is most likely to do.
I mean the whole reason we dropped Grundy was because taking Gawn out of the main ruck position was making us a worse team. Would be crazy to make the same mistake again.

In - Oliver , Schache, Tomo
Out - Harmes, Hibberd, Petty, with Smith back to sub

Tough on Hibberd but can't find a spot for him that keeps team balance

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back