Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Round 19, 2024 vs Richmond @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That said.

Changes for next week: I'll be looking to bring in my TT Lures Switchprawn - it's painted in the nightmare colour and is apparently very popular with bream and flathead. Failing that it'll be back to using bait. Which will be butterflied salmon trout with a bead sinker going to a hook and supported with a swivel and star sinker.

At this stage, we know that Jones is an out. Marshall is likely an out.

It will be interesting if Bergman and Zerk-Thstcher will br fit to play.

Dixon should be dropped.

Rioli should come back in - don’t know who for.

Georgiades will come in for Marshall.

Don’t know who will come in for Dixon, it I can’t see how Scully would be worse or even Visentini for that matter.

Who will come in for Jones? I don’t see Ratagolea as being the answer but we may not have a choice. Clurey has been doing ok.
Rat can take better changers in forward line than Dixon . At least Clurey deserve a chance to play next week in back .

Dixon (omitted), Finlayson(omitted) and Marshall (injury). I would start off with that. These tall forwards are so poor. I would rather Port try something different and play with a smaller forward setup. However, Port won't drop both Dixon and Finlayson.

Lachie Jones goes out for Josh Sinn assuming he passes through the fitness test. You would also imagine Port will do their best to fit in Ratugolea somewhere whether it'll be as a defender or forward. God help me.

Francis Evans should be in the starting 22. Thought he showed a bit, only question is who goes out for Rioli. Maybe Narkle? Either way, this team will make things more difficult for themselves.

Also fast ball movement for slow movement. So much talk about doubling down on its ball movement post bye, yet they play like this today? I'd rather they play fast and live and die by the sword since at least I'll get some amusement.

Last edited:
They aren’t dropping talls like a Dixon to ‘try’ a small forward line.

Didn’t you hear Chad last week ‘at a bare min Dixon will bring it to ground’.

The whole of Ken’s existence has been to bring it to ground.

What will do otherwise? Hit a lead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fair enough in the case when attacking the big pack crash is at the hotspot 20 metres in front of goals, and the 2 small forwards crumbing or locking it in that area. The other tall forwards need to lead and become the mark up option 30-40 from goal one on the short and one on the fat side with either the wingers and half forward or mids crumbing. These are the first go to options.

Defensively though once the ball is in there that big forward needs to push up the ground to crash the rebound kick along with the ruck, with a leading mobile forward in the goasquare.

Francis Evans should be in the starting 22. Thought he showed a bit, only question is who goes out for Rioli. Maybe Narkle? Either way, this team will make things more difficult for themselves.
Dbj

Outs
Marshall, Jones, Finlayson
Ins
Mitch G, Rioli, Clurey, F.Evans
DBJ to sub.

Charlie "bare minimum" Dixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back