Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about Walsh in for 1 game until MG is ready? He's probably the most mobile of the big guys in the SANFL today and I think structurally that works with two Dixon and Esava up forward.

We really need Georgie to come up because he is the ideal smart forward to work between the two big blokes. Marshall was doing the job last night then was concussed.

It will probably be Lord, but he is a lot like the other two. I'm not sure of his forward smarts to work between them. Definitely not a resting ruck, that's way too homogeneous a group.

Burton's the ideal size and experience, but not sure about his forward smarts.

Narkle oddly enough did the job satisfactorily in the second half. Worked well in the spaces. But that leaves us a tall down so you wouldn't do it for a whole game.

If Georgie doesn't come up I like the idea of giving Burton a go in Marshall's role. Nothing to lose by not playing Lord given his form this year, and there's no room for Burton in our backline at the moment but he's too talented a player for it to to not be worth trying him elsewhere (especially in a role he excelled in as a junior).

Also give Sparkle a full game, Evans to sub.

If Georgie doesn't come up I like the idea of giving Burton a go in Marshall's role. Nothing to lose by not playing Lord given his form this year, and there's no room for Burton in our backline at the moment but he's too talented a player for it to to not be worth trying him elsewhere (especially in a role he excelled in as a junior).

Also give Sparkle a full game, Evans to sub.
Agreed. He is absolutely worth a shot in that position as 3rd tall. Still a very good ball user and wouldn’t need to carry as much of the contested load up there with both sav and Dixon. Next up for mine.

We really need Georgie to come up because he is the ideal smart forward to work between the two big blokes. Marshall was doing the job last night then was concussed.

It will probably be Lord, but he is a lot like the other two. I'm not sure of his forward smarts to work between them. Definitely not a resting ruck, that's way too homogeneous a group.

Burton's the ideal size and experience, but not sure about his forward smarts.

Narkle oddly enough did the job satisfactorily in the second half. Worked well in the spaces. But that leaves us a tall down so you wouldn't do it for a whole game.
Was a very natural forward as a junior. Has to have those instincts still there surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a very natural forward as a junior. Has to have those instincts still there surely.

He's done a couple of good things in the sanfl game, but needs to do more.

Adelaide play 4 tall marking intercept defenders, we really need to stop them marking and starting rebound moves.

Keane has owned Dixon the past couple of encounters, can't let him dictate play.

Watching today's sanfl game, I think Lord is probably the best option to come in. He's not quite the right fit but is mobile and can impact contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back