Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 4 is a must. We need that double chance.

Team needs to come out breathing fire. Nullify Keays and Rankine are you're most of the way there.

Darcy Fogarty is playing the Ryan Burton role this week.

This is the type of crap a North Melbourne player would say. Just sad really.

We havenā€™t won a showdown where we are in finals contention since 2021.

The last showdown we won was a dead rubber game.
And remember how much of a painful grind that game was too. I was having a meltdown at the thought of losing that game in the 4th. Saved by some individual brilliance again that night.

Watched the 2nds today. Good weather and they did well. Enjoyed the day and I should do it more often. Low crowd surprised me.

But I didn't see much classy play, no-one stood out, though I saw some promise. None of the youngsters nor talls seem very strong physically. Don't we have a weights room?

So I'm tempted to say just bring in only players with some AFL experience.

Burton played forward some, and made a couple of nice passes to forwards. Possibly the best Georgie replacement if necessary. Possibly Lord, though he is still very raw.

Frank is more valuable around the ground than Narkle, but wouldn't it be nice to have some better quality replacements. Didn't see them today at Alberton.

Visentini and Soldo didn't stand out, but Soldo's experience and height and goal-kicking might be the go.

I agree, but I'm just curious as to who they would drop to fit Clurey into the team instead.
I don't think he's anything more than cover if someone goes down injured and at this stage he'd be second in line to Esava going back if BZT or Aliir cop an injury.

Unfortunately my boy Frank had a McEntee type of stat line. And while a game like that would earn Jed a contract extension, I feel Frank might be on the outer this week. Straight swap for Narkle, he deserves a full game. Evans to sub, keeping in mind the Crows are his bunny team (kicked 4 against them last year and then dropped lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've a suspicion Dante will come in and go forward.

Got talked up a little going forward late in the sanfl game ( presented well, got hands on the ball.) Dante is the best player we have not playing AFL, if he does get his hands on the ball forward he does kick straight which provides a point of difference with with our other talls.

Gives us a plan B ruck option.

Likely plan A by half time.

In Round 8 not many things went our way, with the main takeaways:

• It was the game Connor pinged his string
  • SPP did his knee the week prior
  • Jed played.
  • Our back half consisted of BZT, Rat, Williams & Burton with Aliir missing through injury.

Nicks exploited this weakness by going full Pagan Paddocks mode - we pressed high, the Crows absorbed the pressure, & rebounded into too much time & space allowing easy scoring opportunities.

On paper, the Crows match up quite well at both ends of the ground, but their midfield is a point of weakness & one we should be exploiting to full effect.

The Crows will once again be treating this fixture as their GF because theyā€™re usually too shit to qualify for Finals most years. Having said that, this is a game we should be winning, but games arenā€™t played on paper theyā€™re played grass.

We owe the franchise for all South Australians a hiding, I'm hoping the boys can deliver one to full effect.

Last edited:
Do we put JHF on Wankins
Watching JHF cover all over field.
I reckon he could make the Cows pretty boy look silly

Eddy Cornes said Ryan Burton will replace Todd Marshall.

So that's that then.

Eddy Cornes said Ryan Burton will replace Todd Marshall.

So that's that then.

Burton as a forward?

Might not be the worst option. He's played there before, we need someone more mobile to play alongside Dixon and Ratugolea. He'd theoretically be champing at the bit to try to secure a spot leading into finals. He's talented he just doesn't impose himself, so maybe a make or break shot is what he needs.

If it's Burton back displacing Bergman, no thanks.

Burton as a forward?

Might not be the worst option. He's played there before, we need someone more mobile to play alongside Dixon and Ratugolea. He'd theoretically be champing at the bit to try to secure a spot leading into finals. He's talented he just doesn't impose himself, so maybe a make or break shot is what he needs.

If it's Burton back displacing Bergman, no thanks.

Yep Eddy said as a forward and we all know no Port Adelaide secret is safe in the Cornes family.

He's probably the best fit but I don't know he's the best option. He will want to bring some real intensity for 4 quarters and stop their intercept marking.

Good call. Stranger things have happened than a bloke randomly getting a shot due to circumstances like this and killing it. See Jacob Townsend's finals series a few years ago.

Good call. Stranger things have happened than a bloke randomly getting a shot due to circumstances like this and killing it. See Jacob Townsend's finals series a few years ago.

I really hope he plays a blinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back