Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burton will be nothing but a stop gap this week until Georgiades is available for selection vs Freo - at which point he will replace Burton (assuming no other injuries) and Burton will be back in the SANFL.

Darcy Fogarty is playing the Ryan Burton role this week.

Cherries are a bit bitter at this time of year to say the least.

When the cherries are ripe, sweet and on top would be the Crows winning the remaining games outright and jumping over either or both of Melbourne and the Saints and Port getting Melbourne's first round pick if Houston goes after winning the Grand final.

Now that would be 🍒🧁.

Nice attempt at trash talking Darcy, none of it made any sense but good on you.

Walker tries now and again but it just sounds like "Glmmph Sglkdl ebnoytfk"

Then he grins and wiggles his ears.

Cherries are a bit bitter at this time of year to say the least.

When the cherries are ripe, sweet and on top would be the Crows winning the remaining games outright and jumping over either or both of Melbourne and the Saints and Port getting Melbourne's first round pick if Houston goes after winning the Grand final.

Now that would be 🍒🧁.

Or us getting the first round pick they give up for Oliver and drafting a player who torments them for the next 15 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bergman is a good match up for Walker I think. Can’t see us brining in Clurey. And didn’t Clurey (when he used to get regular games) normally get owned by Walker anyways.
I think everyone wants to see a repeat of the first 2021 Showdown

Walker had kicked 27 goals going into the round 8 Showdown.

Clurey put him in his pocket for 6 disposal and just the solitary behind.

Didn't play against the Crows in 2022, and the first Showdown was his only game last year.

I would definitely be going Lord over Burton for the place of Marshall.

As a forward, he's never looked likely and as a defender, he has the boot but not the heart.

I wouldn't be letting that back into the team.

Lord also needs some opportunity because if Dixon goes down or Georgiades has a run with injury, we don't want to rely on Burton.

I've got a feeling it is going to be Rozee's turn to really light it up on Saturday night.

They will obviously put most of their attention into JHF and Butters, but i think Rozee has been building and is due for a really dominant captain's display in an important match. Maybe a 30 possession 2-3 goal game.

Also might have some extra significance for him after what happened to him in the last showdown.

I thought he was impressive late in the game against Melbourne.

Honestly, if we let their plodders like Crouch and Laird dominate us again, i'll fckn spew. Even there kids like Soligo and Sholl, they're okay but they should really have their arses handed to them by our midfield.

Yeah we've got some tall timber out up forward and there forward line is in really good form, but I'm still not sure how the dogs let them score 17.9 from 43 entries?? But i feel like i say this every showdown but it shouldn't matter how good there forward line is because we should be spanking these pricks in the midfield.

The midfield battle actually shouldn't even be close.

I've got a feeling it is going to be Rozee's turn to really light it up on Saturday night.

They will obviously put most of their attention into JHF and Butters, but i think Rozee has been building and is due for a really dominant captain's display in an important match. Maybe a 30 possession 2-3 goal game.

Also might have some extra significance for him after what happened to him in the last showdown.

I thought he was impressive late in the game against Melbourne.

Honestly, if we let their plodders like Crouch and Laird dominate us again, i'll fckn spew. Even there kids like Soligo and Sholl, they're okay but they should really have their arses handed to them by our midfield.

Yeah we've got some tall timber out up forward and there forward line is in really good form, but I'm still not sure how the dogs let them score 17.9 from 43 entries?? But i feel like i say this every showdown but it shouldn't matter how good there forward line is because we should be spanking these pricks in the midfield.

The midfield battle actually shouldn't even be close.
His 4th quarter was huge.

I have a sneaky suspicion Port might play Tom Clurey up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back