Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burton as a forward?

Might not be the worst option. He's played there before, we need someone more mobile to play alongside Dixon and Ratugolea. He'd theoretically be champing at the bit to try to secure a spot leading into finals. He's talented he just doesn't impose himself, so maybe a make or break shot is what he needs.

If it's Burton back displacing Bergman, no thanks.

It looked like Burton was doing a Marshall style role in the Maggies yesterday

Top 4 is a must. We need that double chance.

Team needs to come out breathing fire. Nullify Keays and Rankine are you're most of the way there.

Yeah big time, hope the coaches have the right matchups for those two. Rankine is the slippery one, I’d have Jones wear him like a glove & rough him up too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Will be hilarious when once again these guys smack us around. Our mental midgetry will once again be evident.

Our midfield usually turns to shit with these guys, and that’s supposed to be our strength

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think Burtin is the right choice.

He basically has one week to show a spine and some effort.

He has all the talent and attributes for the role.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hrmmm… think a heart is a big piece to being a good forward…

Clarkson saw the writing on the wall long ago!

Burton is a good call. Him and Esava can swing back if we start making there forwards look like millionaires again. Lord needs a strong and uninterrupted pre season, he will come good i think but he just isn't ready yet.
Hopefully, the SANFL finishing early they get Lord on a HUGE caloric surplus diet for 4 weeks prior to the break, get him in the gym and hitting the weights fiercely and adding some genuine size before he takes off. Old school movements, squats, deadlifts, bench. Get him THICCCCCK!

The guy that was desperate to get Chad Wingard?
Chad averaged 20 and 1 for a couple of years, that’s Heeny, Bont and JHF territory. Wingard is terribly underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Crouch averages 40, that must make him twice as good as those guys.

Not all touches are created equal.
40 and a goal? Plying as a small forward part time midfielder? Sure not all touches are created equal, but I stand by what I said, Wingard is criminally under rated by the general footballing public for reasons outside of football and ability.

Sweet has improved since the start of the year but O'Brien tends to give them better service than any of our rucks ever has. Is Soldo or Sweet going to be the best option against him?

Would we consider Cluery in and Bergman forward?
Don’t get cute.

I would give Narkle a full game and bring in Jackson/Sinn/Lorenz as the sub. Need to re arrange the forward structure but Narkle in Todd’s ‘tweener’ role linking D 50 to Forward 50 entries would suit him. He just isn’t 6’5 doing it.

The extra mids may also allow Rozee or JHF to play deep forward late and be a nightmare match up?

Sweet has improved since the start of the year but O'Brien tends to give them better service than any of our rucks ever has. Is Soldo or Sweet going to be the best option against him?
Against the Bulldogs they won the taps and lost the clearances.

We just need our mids switched on and not all out attacking.

Fog dogger talking smack when his team sits 15th.... that club has zero self awareness...lol.
Look I get what you’re saying but reality is they own us and have for a few years now

I actually think he’s got every right (in the context of showdown win/losses) to talk smack they’re backing it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back