Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe we are suggesting Burton as an in. Not the player we need in a final either.
Not a fan also, night game and if it’s going to be damp I’d give Lorenz a game.
Kids got pace and can kick, don’t want to be too top heavy.
I want to see a different approach this week, same old set up just don’t get the job done against this mob.

Breaking Olympic Games GIF by NBC Olympics
Poor girl, that was the equivalent of a Meatloaf performance from the Paris games.

They usually play strong, contested, hard ball against us but we've had Wines and Drew playing hard ball so we should beat them with talent around the ground pretty easily.

On paper Burton seems like decent cover for MG for a week. But I don't trust him to actually be useful in that role.

I bet we're forced to push him up the ground and use JHF as a deep leading forward more than usual.

Rankine is the one i'm worried about up forward.

We will attempt to play Jones (or Faz) on him and he will get murdered.

Tex out means 1 less tall, but if they bring in a third tall, we might need to flip rat back. Thilthorpe is far too big for aliir or bzt.

Which i have no idea what that means for a our fwd line. Dixon and.... erm.... Lord? Those 2 dont work together.

That said, win the mid battle and that papers over some cracks

We know for sure that we're getting destroyed at both ends of the ground in this game. The only path to victory is a massive midfield domination. We know that Wines and Drew will give us a solid performance so over to Sweet, Rozee and Butters to determine what happens here.

Rankine is the one i'm worried about up forward.

We will attempt to play Jones (or Faz) on him and he will get murdered.

Tex out means 1 less tall, but if they bring in a third tall, we might need to flip rat back. Thilthorpe is far too big for aliir or bzt.

Which i have no idea what that means for a our fwd line. Dixon and.... erm.... Lord? Those 2 dont work together.

That said, win the mid battle and that papers over some cracks
Surely they bring in Gollant for Tex after he kicked 8 in the SANFL.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I find it hard to get the match ups right for this one.

I think with Thilthorpe in we might need to play Esava back to get it right.

Esava on Thilthorpe

BZT on Fog

Aliir on Gollany feels about right.

Otherwise I fear Thilthorpe will just be too big for BZT and Fog can really make Aliir pay for any defensive lapses with his lethal boot.

If we do shift Esava back then we probably need to bring both Lord and Burton in as forwards. Not sure who drops out.

We know for sure that we're getting destroyed at both ends of the ground in this game. The only path to victory is a massive midfield domination. We know that Wines and Drew will give us a solid performance so over to Sweet, Rozee and Butters to determine what happens here.
Not sure getting destroyed is a given. BZT and Aliir have been underrated and have certainly beaten better players than Fogarty and Thilthorp.

Their small forwards do worry me though. But rankine may play more midfield

I think Aliir on Thilthorpe, BZT on Fogarty and Bergs on the 3rd tall. This is fine and will work well. We can't really be moving Esava back with Mitch and Todd both out.
The problem with this is that Nick's knows how to exploit this plan, we have seen it before.

Thilthorpe will play deep from the goal square dragging Aliir back and making him defend one on one.

The last time we tried this approach Gollant kicked 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with this is that Nick's knows how to exploit this plan, we have seen it before.

Thilthorpe will play deep from the goal square dragging Aliir back and making him defend one on one.

Our defence is in much better shape now than it was back then. I have full faith we will be able to cover their forwards fine.

I find it hard to get the match ups right for this one.

I think with Thilthorpe in we might need to play Esava back to get it right.

Esava on Thilthorpe

BZT on Fog

Aliir on Gollany feels about right.

Otherwise I fear Thilthorpe will just be too big for BZT and Fog can really make Aliir pay for any defensive lapses with his lethal boot.

If we do shift Esava back then we probably need to bring both Lord and Burton in as forwards. Not sure who drops out.

Bergman would flog Gollant, BZT and Aliir get Fogarty and Thilthorpe. Gollant is not that tall, Lachie Jones might even go to him.

If Walker had been available the match ups might have needed Esava down back. But Sav's become important to our forward structure now, I would be loathe to take him away, especially now Georgie and Marshall are unavailable.

Our defence and defensive matchups are and only ever will be as good as the pressure that our mids and forwards put on. If the crows can get it through our high press and slingshot with fast ball movement into an open forward line they will kill us. It’s our kryptonite, and why they have beaten us the last few times, similar to Brisbane. Win the clearance game, bring the pressure and create quick scoring chances for our forwards before they clog it up and we will be fine.

Gollant kicked five because he was playing on Sam Skinner which pretty much ended his afl career

Surely we know they will have plus one at the contest and flood back, hoping for counter attack.
Just play 1-1 and back our players in.

Bergman would absoloutely pocket lachie gollant

it will just be a matter of aliir and bzt nulifying the linfleunce of fogarty and thilthorpe

aliir and bzt are succesful, puts us in the prime position to win the game.

i am a little worried about how we quell the infleunce of their small forwards

The big question is will our backs play bombscare like they have recently against the crows or will they play with some semblance of authority like they have in the last few games?
If we lose this, the previous few weeks of good work will be undone and I’m pretty certain it’s curtains for Hinkley coaching in 2025.

I just don't want to see Aliir playing the last line of defence on Thilthorpe. He isn't that good there and if we leave him at CHB he will murder them.

I think Thilthorpe is too big for BZT though.

BZT has been playing on big guys a lot this year.
Overall has done a good job,I believe he’s our best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back