Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know for sure that we're getting destroyed at both ends of the ground in this game. The only path to victory is a massive midfield domination. We know that Wines and Drew will give us a solid performance so over to Sweet, Rozee and Butters to determine what happens here.
We don't know this for sure, this is just negative hyperbole.

After reading this thread, and really thinking about it. I want to bring in an extra Mid, but I can see the match ups in the back 6. I can see this becoming a Dixon sole Key Forward and we bomb long to the pocket and just play a territory game with a mosquito fleet at his feet and hold field position for 80% of the match.

After reading this thread, and really thinking about it. I want to bring in an extra Mid, but I can see the match ups in the back 6. I can see this becoming a Dixon sole Key Forward and we bomb long to the pocket and just play a territory game with a mosquito fleet at his feet and hold field position for 80% of the match.
Love these games. Where we have 80 inside 50s to 35 and lose by 4 goals.

Bergman on Fog would work I think.
BZT on Thilthorpe with Allir being third man up.
Can Houston play on Gollant?
Would prefer to keep Sav up forward but at least we have the option to send him back if Thilthorpe ends up being too big.
Big no to Burton, would rather go a newbie or small.

Would prefer to keep Sav up forward but at least we have the option to send him back if Thilthorpe ends up being too big.
I think we have to play Burton or another tall if we want to keep the option of sending Sav back.

I like those matchups.

This game is probably the biggest game of the season.

Yes we are sitting 2nd but it truly is a false economy given that a loss here can absolutely derail everything we have set up the past month. It's all set up for a Kenny special and tbh while I have been excited about our form the past month I still have no faith to maintain this top 4 position, I don't even trust this team to stay in the 8.

We could totally bomb out to 5th 6th 7th 8th by the end of the fixture rounds and it's season done and dusted.

This is probably our most important game this season given the context. There is every possibility we drop out of the 8th as well, I just don't want to think about it.

Just win please.

Last edited:
Bergman would absoloutely pocket lachie gollant

it will just be a matter of aliir and bzt nulifying the linfleunce of fogarty and thilthorpe

aliir and bzt are succesful, puts us in the prime position to win the game.

i am a little worried about how we quell the infleunce of their small forwards
Both our defenders can take care of fogarty and thilthorpe.

Hopefully we are very physical with thilthorpe, lets see how he likes that, maybe an early one around the ears might do the trick.

gallant wont get a kick on Bergman,

our midfield is the key they need to turn up and beat their band of plodders.. we must win clearance and contested ball.

the crows have the mental edge over us, it is nothing to do with having talent or match ups that we can't contain. For whatever reason they've got inside our heads in the last couple of years encounters and we've gone to water.

Talk that it is going to take some colossal effort just to have a chance against them is ridiculous when you consider we are currently 2nd and they are 15th.

Maybe the players just need to remember that going into this game that we aren't 2nd and them 15th by some strange fluke, it is because we are a much better team than them. Don't let what has happened in the past get in your heads, your best is far superior to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stick the tackles. Crows were doing a lot of fending off last week and holding onto the ball hoping to break tackles.

If holding the ball is umpired correctly Port should have no issues winning this.

Let us hope the players watched the reply 3 weeks ago when Hawks gave the Crows a good old jolly rogering.

Keeping it out of their forward half & goal efficiency inside our 50 is the key to breaking this rabble.

Just don't let them ever get too far in front. They have nothing but pride to play for so when the going gets tough in the last quarter we should have the edge in motivation, as well as the home crowd.

Despite our faster and better skilled midfield they always raise their pressure levels in Showdowns while we seem to treat it as just another game. We don't set up defensively in the midfield and our turnovers from that pressure allow them easy over the back goals. We absolutely should defend better against the slingshot, which is their go-to tactic against us.

Just don't let them ever get too far in front. They have nothing but pride to play for so when the going gets tough in the last quarter we should have the edge in motivation, as well as the home crowd.

Despite our faster and better skilled midfield they always raise their pressure levels in Showdowns while we seem to treat it as just another game. We don't set up defensively in the midfield and our turnovers from that pressure allow them easy over the back goals. We absolutely should defend better against the slingshot, which is their go-to tactic against us.
not letting them get in front at all could be another option.

Looking at the last game the one thing we need to fix is the goal kicking.
5-18 for the game 1-7 in the last qtr.
For all the praise we give the crows the bottom line of if we kicked straight we would have won that game.
Lots of easy misses.
Fix that and I’m confident of us winning.

Looking at the last game the one thing we need to fix is the goal kicking.
5-18 for the game 1-7 in the last qtr.
For all the praise we give the crows the bottom line of if we kicked straight we would have won that game.
Lots of easy misses.
Fix that and I’m confident of us winning.
We played like pure trash and 100% deserved to lose that game (only the Brisbane game was worse than that one this year), but could've still won the game with competent goal kicking. There was a period early in the last where it looked like JHF in particular was going to take the game away from the crows, but a couple confidence/momentum sapping misses was quickly followed by a crows counter attacking joe the goose or two.

One of the most frustrating games I've ever been too.

Rankine is the one i'm worried about up forward.

We will attempt to play Jones (or Faz) on him and he will get murdered.

Tex out means 1 less tall, but if they bring in a third tall, we might need to flip rat back. Thilthorpe is far too big for aliir or bzt.

Which i have no idea what that means for a our fwd line. Dixon and.... erm.... Lord? Those 2 dont work together.

That said, win the mid battle and that papers over some cracks

Faz is our quaterback, I wouldn’t put him on Rankine, plus Rankine runs through the middle. Jones has the speed to keep up with him & is stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the crows have the mental edge over us, it is nothing to do with having talent or match ups that we can't contain. For whatever reason they've got inside our heads in the last couple of years encounters and we've gone to water.

Talk that it is going to take some colossal effort just to have a chance against them is ridiculous when you consider we are currently 2nd and they are 15th.

Maybe the players just need to remember that going into this game that we aren't 2nd and them 15th by some strange fluke, it is because we are a much better team than them. Don't let what has happened in the past get in your heads, your best is far superior to them.

Go into the rooms post match & tell this to the players, cause I don’t think the coaches will.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back