Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go into the rooms post match & tell this to the players, cause I don’t think the coaches will.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would prefer they were told this pre match. I want them starting this game with all the confidence in the world that they are going to smash them.

I feel like it’s all about the start. We put scoreboard pressure early on the Crows and it changes their floody game, and it asks them to take some risks, which opens the game up for us.

Can someone coach our defender's this week on the rules around deliberate rushed behinds. Too often we take unnecessary risks on the goal line to keep the ball alive rather than just rushing it through because the players don't seem to be aware of what they can or can't do. Prime example being Zerk-Thatcher on the weekend. At least Marshall had the intelligence to make a play for the rushed behind even if he executed it poorly.

Would prefer they were told this pre match. I want them starting this game with all the confidence in the world that they are going to smash them.

lol my apologies, of course pre match.

Good solid measured approach from Josh Carr in the press conference.

Josh Carr on how the side is preparing for the Crows knowing they are not playing finals in 2024:

“Every week we prepare for the opposition's best football, and that was the same last weekend in Sydney and Melbourne, obviously. But you're preparing for their best, and Adelaide at its best can play really good football. So it's easy for us. We want to play in high pressure games, big games at this time the year to prepare us for the for the right time of year.”

Josh Carr on how the side is preparing for the Crows knowing they are not playing finals in 2024:

“Every week we prepare for the opposition's best football, and that was the same last weekend in Sydney and Melbourne, obviously. But you're preparing for their best, and Adelaide at its best can play really good football. So it's easy for us. We want to play in high pressure games, big games at this time the year to prepare us for the for the right time of year.”

Pffft. Not coach material at all.

At not one point did he point out the fact that playing the Crows:

1: Is Scary
2: Is Hard
3: Someone has to lose

You've got a long way to go Joshy boy.

I’m astounded that in what is going to be a pressure cooker, high intensity game, Ryan Burtons name is being thrown around.

Like he’s literally at the opposite end of that spectrum.

Terrible call.
Port may actually have a chance to win if Burton doesn't play.

We know for sure that we're getting destroyed at both ends of the ground in this game. The only path to victory is a massive midfield domination. We know that Wines and Drew will give us a solid performance so over to Sweet, Rozee and Butters to determine what happens here.

I'm not sure we can be certain Wines and Drew will play well. They were a massive let down last week.

Sounds like we'll get jumped

Can someone coach our defender's this week on the rules around deliberate rushed behinds. Too often we take unnecessary risks on the goal line to keep the ball alive rather than just rushing it through because the players don't seem to be aware of what they can or can't do. Prime example being Zerk-Thatcher on the weekend. At least Marshall had the intelligence to make a play for the rushed behind even if he executed it poorly.
From what I've seen since this rule was inflicted on our game I'm not convinced the umpires are aware either. It is no wonder the players have uncertainty.

Our forward line is total dogshit. All the crows have to do is nullify/slowdown our midfield and they’ll beat us very easily.

we literally kicked 22.16 only 10 days ago against the top team. It’s more than capable on its day. But will be no match for mighty 15th placed crows, what a load of shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like it’s all about the start. We put scoreboard pressure early on the Crows and it changes their floody game, and it asks them to take some risks, which opens the game up for us.
Yup, start well and it’ll be over quickly.

I'm not sure we can be certain Wines and Drew will play well. They were a massive let down last week.
I thought Drew did a good job keeping Clayton Oliver quiet, ineffective and very frustrated. Just 16 disposals to Oliver, matched by Drew with 16 but at higher effectiveness, also 5 tackles and a goal assist.

I thought Drew did a good job keeping Clayton Oliver quiet, ineffective and very frustrated. Just 16 disposals to Oliver, matched by Drew with 16 but at higher effectiveness, also 5 tackles and a goal assist.

Oliver also spent a fair bit of time at half back early on in the game and was significantly exposed by Rioli and DBJ.

We know for sure that we're getting destroyed at both ends of the ground in this game. The only path to victory is a massive midfield domination. We know that Wines and Drew will give us a solid performance so over to Sweet, Rozee and Butters to determine what happens here.
you have got to be kidding me mate, butters and rozee are more certain to play well then drew and wines.

Breaking Olympic Games GIF by NBC Olympics
i reckon if she was in a tub of water i would throw my laundry in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back