Preview Changes/Preview vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a big Williams fan, but he was very good last year when he played and gives us some valuable run and carry and has good line breaking ability. Decent user also and in my opinion has a high ceiling and will become a very good player with regular game time / midfield rotation minutes. Crowded midfield at the moment, but he can be damaging off HBF like he was last season and is comfortably best 22 for mine. I don't want to judge him off round 1 as he had to play very undersized against Sam Reid and Sinclair at times who he isn't suited to at all at 187cms.

In a HBF / minor midfield role I think he could offer us a lot this season and hope he gets more of a chance than having to play a close checking / defensive role against a 196cm - 200cm KPF. Saying that, there is a lot of competition for spots and that HBF / mid role is stacked at the moment, but he definitely earned a few cracks at it this year after being very solid last season and showing he has a lot of potential.

He is a half back flanker I do not see mid on him at all

He is behind Sucking Wood Crozier Daniel JJ Duryea and probably another couple

Miles off best 22 for me

I would prefer Timmy over Trengove - seems to perform a little better atm and looks like far greater potential. Could go with resting him at times if needed.

One is a rolls, the other is a Datsun...

The rolls is a luxury, not quite ready perhaps, but a luxury we can afford at the moment

Miles off best 22 for me

If he isn't Best 22, surely he is only the 23rd or 24th player in line. Was picked every week last season when available, didn't play one VFL game from memory and was in the starting 22 round 1 this year again. To say he is miles off best 22 isn't accurate or fair IMO.

I struggle to see that tbh he looks like he moves the ball well, look at the hit out count every week we lose that I can't recall winning tbh he looks like he needs to be developed he need to put on some kg Dropped some marks I was fuming when he was on the mark when mcevoy was just cruising in a pack the ball was clearly going there and Mcevoy took the mark I thought his last qtr was good tho maybe one more shot agaisnt gold coast fair but collingwood we need some experience even they go with english for the pies the doggies are saying his our best ruckman I personally don't think he Is

You do realise the hitouts will be similar if Trengove plays yeah? He’s just half decent around the ground.

One is a rolls, the other is a Datsun...

The rolls is a luxury, not quite
ready perhaps, but a luxury we can afford at the moment

How many Bathursts have been won by Rolls Royce?

It's a 26 week season. You need to protect your prize cars until you can unleash on Conrad straight. If your luxury car is beaten up it will be left in the dust.

If he isn't Best 22, surely he is only the 23rd or 24th player in line. Was picked every week last season when available, didn't play one VFL game from memory and was in the starting 22 round 1 this year again. To say he is miles off best 22 isn't accurate or fair IMO.

Last season is irrelevant now or Trengove would be playing.

He is a half back flanker to my eye and is behind 6-7 other guys so to me that makes him a fair way off.

But tgat being said he is probably next in die to some injuries

I’d definitely leave JJ out this week especially with the 5 day break. You don’t want him backing up from a long lay off on that. Get him another 5 days to be cherry ripe.

Bring him in for the Pies game for Smith or Richards unless they both kill it this weekend.

It's a 26 week season. You need to protect your prize cars until you can unleash on Conrad straight. If your luxury car is beaten up it will be left in the dust.
There’s no doubt he’ll need to be managed but I’d hope he can play more than 3 on the bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha, touche! I agree though, rest him when he needs it, just don't think that is 3 games in ;)

Why do people just assume that those of us who enjoy the statistical side of the game don't actually watch the matches? It's utter nonsense. Is there a rule that you cant enjoy both that I'm unaware of?
They are scared of us WallyStringhaus, it is like the X-Men. (Without the super powers)

Miles off best 22 for me

He missed the last 5 matches yet still finished top ten in our band f. How is he miles off best 22?

Unlike Dunkley and Wallis he never got dropped probably because he can kick much better than those two.

He is still only 20 as well. So I doubt the MC share your view.

Why do people just assume that those of us who enjoy the statistical side of the game don't actually watch the matches? It's utter nonsense. Is there a rule that you cant enjoy both that I'm unaware of?

No but when people use stats such as we lost hit outs as a reason to drop someone then it needs to be called out as stupid when 1- everyone expects that with English and 2- we won clearances so they negate each other.

Also saying someone had a certain amount of disposals really isn’t a great marker without other relevant info

He missed the last 5 matches yet still finished top ten in our band f. How is he miles off best 22?

Unlike Dunkley and Wallis he never got dropped probably because he can kick much better than those two.

He is still only 20 as well. So I doubt the MC share your view.

Ok who is picking him before Dunks and Wally ? I’d like to see a poll of fans that would

And two LAST year is irrelevant I have no idea why people keep saying that matters

Ok who is picking him before Dunks and Wally ? I’d like to see a poll of fans that would

And two LAST year is irrelevant I have no idea why people keep saying that matters

The match committee did last year - both Wallis and Dunkley played for Footscray.

The point is, we saw how much he improved last year compared to 2017 ( hardly a surprise as he was 19 not 18). It's hardly a stretch not to think that Williams is not going to keep getting better over the next 2-3 seasons.

The match committee did last year - both Wallis and Dunkley played for Footscray.

The point is, we saw how much he improved last year compared to 2017 ( hardly a surprise as he was 19 not 18). It's hardly a stretch not to think that Williams is not going to keep getting better over the next 2-3 seasons.

No mate you may have but I’ve seen nothing from him to excite me.

Much rather see Smith, Lynch, West or Dale get a crack before Williams.

Honestly just don’t see it in him and I think the players mentioned were jumped to kickstart them to a level they should be at. Dunks and Wally are both far better players than Williams of all playing at their best

No but when people use stats such as we lost hit outs as a reason to drop someone then it needs to be called out as stupid
Like claiming we'll finish bottom 2 after a JLT game?

By the way, I didn't say he should be dropped. I guess even a 9 year old's level of comprehension is too much to ask from you.

BzQhuq2.jpg

Like claiming we'll finish bottom 2 after a JLT game?

By the way, I didn't say he should be dropped. I guess even a 9 year old's level of comprehension is too much to ask from you.

BzQhuq2.jpg

Yawn

You said that 4 times now try another one

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes/Preview vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back