Preview Changes/Preview vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Rolled ankle in the VFL last week, I honestly doubt it. Witts will be tough for English though so if Trengoves ankle is all good then he's a chance to come in. Pretty hard to call from here but looks like the club is committing to English as number 1 ruck
I'd imagine if Trengove fit you would have both rucks go at Witts.

No way in hell English gets dropped this week, he's developing nicely and his ability to run late in the game (both weeks) has been invaluable. His marks will come (it's a strength trust me) as will his physicality. There was a reason we let Roughy and Campbell go and didn't pursue another quality ruckman and that was to put time into Timmy..... Besides Trengrove was hobbling bad on Saturday and whilst he's a chance to play this week playing him would be ever riskier imo... Would love to see JJ back in and Willo but not sure who to drop?

Only people who watch the stats rather than the game would want to drop English. Stats are overrated. He may lose the hitout but he follows up fine. We have a new weapon to beat the press - kick it to Tim. If he doesn't mark it, he brings the ball down to our mids. He has great stamina and skills for a ruckman. And a huge boot - he nearly kicked that goal from 55m without much effort and it was still sailing through at height.
Sure sure, anyone who doesn't unconditionally accept the idea that English played amazing mustn't have watched the game. Getting visibly destroyed by McEvoy and Ceglar in the 3rd quarter? That didn't happen. Anyone who says it did? They didn't watch the game. English is faultless.

With the 5 day break before R4, I think we might see a few players managed. Youngsters like Smith and Richards most likely but a couple with niggles may also be freshened
Could be a great opportunity for a Lipinski, Greene, Trengove etc to slot into a winning combination.
If anyone comes in for Smith, surely it’s Williams. Get the lad back in midfield where he can shine.

I'd imagine if Trengove fit you would have both rucks go at Witts.
Only went with one against McEvoy and it worked pretty well, so wouldn't be surprised for Trengove to be left out again. Have to wait and see

Id give English the month, he can handle that. Rest him after pies for a week. Id leave JJ for one more too, even give him a half in the VFL. Young for Williams and leave it at that this week.

Someone will explain to me what Williams has done to get a crack?

Hasn’t done a thing this year to even be close I’d be pissed if he took someone’s spot

Absolute depth player at best no idea why anyone would rate him

Because he's getting destroyed in the hitouts? Because he's not a very good mark atm?

Rhylee West is also our future, should we be playing him? What about Lipinski who's killing it in the VFL? Buku Khamis when he's back from injury? Laitham Vandermeer?

There's a balance to be struck between playing for the future and playing for the now. I believe we're capable of winning the flag this year, therefore I believe we should field our strongest available team every week. That's not to say I'm vehemently against having English in the team, but I don't think he should be our #1 ruck, or solo rucking. One of the main reasons Hawthorn got on top of us in the 3rd quarter (Sydney in the 4th) was because English started to struggle badly against the more experience ruckmen, and we began to lose stoppages in high volume.

Two for two says you are wrong

Trengove is average accept it

Last edited:
We won a flag losing centre tap outs consistently and keying our kids rove to the oppo ruckman as they did again on the weekend

English isn’t ready but we have no better option at present. I don’t mind Trengove but he isn’t great and I’d rather play the kid to give him experience and a bigger chance of getting his name of a contract.

He fought back well in the last qrt after the whole midfield got smacked in the third and people who have no idea blame onky the ruckman.

Only went with one against McEvoy and it worked pretty well, so wouldn't be surprised for Trengove to be left out again. Have to wait and see
One ruck means an additional runner which results in faster movement. Two rucks are an outdated model unless you have two absolute guns.

Sure sure, anyone who doesn't unconditionally accept the idea that English played amazing mustn't have watched the game. Getting visibly destroyed by McEvoy and Ceglar in the 3rd quarter? That didn't happen. Anyone who says it did? They didn't watch the game. English is faultless.
Trengrove = too small for a ruckman
And they traded Roughy and Campbell.

Only people who watch the stats rather than the game would want to drop English. Stats are overrated. He may lose the hitout but he follows up fine. We have a new weapon to beat the press - kick it to Tim. If he doesn't mark it, he brings the ball down to our mids. He has great stamina and skills for a ruckman. And a huge boot - he nearly kicked that goal from 55m without much effort and it was still sailing through at height.

So many stat watchers in here that couldn’t read a game of footy if it was written in crayon in small words.

The minute someone mentions champion data to just know they have no idea

Two for two says you are wrong

Trengove is average accept it

Bottom 2 won’t win more than 4 games
Anyone that has Smith in the team round 1 after those two JLT games has no idea to be kind.

He is a fair way off senior footy at the moment but he is only a kid so has time
Actually expected to win this one today so disappointing result.

Looks like we haven’t learnt anything from last two years
Yeah ok mate don’t blame me coz we are no good and I called it.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG year
You mean the two teams we will lose to in the JLT?

Mate we are bottom 2
I’ve already taken a wager for bottom 6 but happy to take another small one with u
I love it

Here come the we aren’t playing well let’s deflect onto mattdougie coz he was right and we don’t want to hear about it people.

Some of the peole accusing me of rambling are utterly hilarious.

I’m more than willing to admit I annoy peole but by far and away the biggest flog on this page says I’m the problem. Hahahahaha never change guys never change.

Let’s all hope and pray Bev has been playin games in the JLT or it’s going to be a long year and will so many in here have the ability to stand up and admit they are wrong.

I still want to know how our club has taken a premiership list and turned it into that thing wehave watched the last two years and two weeks. I honestly baffles me I can’t work it out. It’s like they have tried to tank the list.
All this after a loss in the NAB Challenge.

BzQhuq2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this after a loss in the NAB Challenge.

BzQhuq2.jpg

Lol the fact you spent that much time on me just makes me laugh out loud.

And I mean we clearly are no chance of finishing bottom 6 now we are a certainty for top 4.

Keep plugging away mate you do make me laugh

Actually, all it took was a simple search in one thread. In case anyone else wants evidence all your posts can be safely discarded:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/search/206900/?q=*&t=post&c[thread]=1213238&c[users]=Mattdougie,&o=relevance

Lol I don’t delete my posts I stand by them right or wrong.

And none of them are wrong yet so clap clap keep going mate.

Let’s dump English for your love child Trengove and change a winning formula. U may even been Trengove being the only person who rates him above English.

Now I tire of you I’m off to read stats to tell me how a game is played

I have Witts in my AFL Fantasy side so we can win and Witts can score around 150 points, Win win for me.
Gold Coast are not as good a match up as Sydney for us, I would love the statistics for each individual
quarter against Hawthorn to see if we regressed into bad habits early in the game. If we play well we
should win, but they did nearly beat us in Ballarat last year without Lynch or May in the team.

Someone will explain to me what Williams has done to get a crack?

Hasn’t done a thing this year to even be close I’d be pissed if he took someone’s spot

Absolute depth player at best no idea why anyone would rate him

I'm a big Williams fan, but he was very good last year when he played and gives us some valuable run and carry and has good line breaking ability. Decent user also and in my opinion has a high ceiling and will become a very good player with regular game time / midfield rotation minutes. Crowded midfield at the moment, but he can be damaging off HBF like he was last season and is comfortably best 22 for mine. I don't want to judge him off round 1 as he had to play very undersized against Sam Reid and Sinclair at times who he isn't suited to at all at 187cms.

In a HBF / minor midfield role I think he could offer us a lot this season and hope he gets more of a chance than having to play a close checking / defensive role against a 196cm - 200cm KPF. Saying that, there is a lot of competition for spots and that HBF / mid role is stacked at the moment, but he definitely earned a few cracks at it this year after being very solid last season and showing he has a lot of potential.

I would prefer Timmy over Trengove - seems to perform a little better atm and looks like far greater potential. Could go with resting him at times if needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back