Preview Changes R14 vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

MaxiBont

Club Legend
Sep 26, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Shocking result tonight, which now makes Freo a must win game if we have any chance of making the 8.

Richards should be coming back next week.

My changes:

Out - McNeil, Buku, Daniel
In - Scott, Busslinger, Richards

If Keath’s injury keeps him out next week then I’d replace him as an out instead of Buku.

Last edited:
Too annoyed to think rationally about changes at the moment but agree with Busslinger in. Has earned a call up, give him a 4-5 game run at least to see what he has got and help to either convince him to stay or build some trade value.

Lobb has to go out. (I know there isn’t an obvious replacement)

I’ve been defending Bevo tonight except the Cleary omission, now I hear he has been injured playing VFL, that’s borderline mismanagement of the player. He shouldn’t have been playing there. Every go for 3 years now he has looked composed, unlike Bramble and even Daniel now, but never get a good crack at it.

Didn’t like our structure from the get go. i think we look better with 3 talls at either end.

In: Richards, Busslinger, Khamis.
Out: Keath (inj), Bramble, McNeil.

Caleb to Brambles spot.

Backs: Jones, Busslinger, O’Donnell

Forwards: Lobb, Khamis, Jamarra

Lobb very lucky we have nobody else.

In: Richards, Scott, Busslinger
Out: Bramble, McNeil/Daniel, Keath

Probably need Lobb in given they have Jackson and Darcy. Buku would be killed in the ruck and Smith looks very promising but don’t think this is the game to debut him in.

Out: Lobb, Daniel, Keath, Bramble
In: L. Smith, Red, Buss, Scott

FB: Williams Jones Buss
HB: Dale JOD Freijah
C: Gags Libba Treloar
HF: Sanders JUH West
FF: VDM English Scott
R: L.Smith Red Bont
INT: Doc Macrea Garcia Khamis
SUB: Mcneil
Don't mind this just think L Smith is a fair way back, moreso than Croft.

Buss for Keath injured is a no brainer.

Red if ok is also a no brainer.

After that I am not sure there is much improvement on tonight's list until Darcy, Naughts and Weightman are available

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably need Lobb in given they have Jackson and Darcy. Buku would be killed in the ruck and Smith looks very promising but don’t think this is the game to debut him in.
I hear you re: Lobb but he was horrible tonight. Not sure you can just play him for his size if he isn’t offering much else. Will be an interesting team selection this week. Think Bramble survives somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw two really solid sprinting efforts from VDM to open the ground up.

He didn’t do much else.

Yes we need pace, but is that enough to keep him in?
Can't remember the second one but I will have nightmares about the one where he had an acre of space and totally fluffed it kicking to Lobb.

For me, that pretty much stamped his cards. He's not a first or second year player. What we've been seeing is as good as he's got.

Do the changes really matter atm?

I was optimistic heading into last night we'd at least be competitive. Richards missing 2 weeks worries me. Lobb and English combined were atrocious.

Other than Bont, Treloar, Duryea, Jones and JOD, no one else seemed to give a sh1t.

The coach certainly didn't, given he appeared completely unaware Neale was even on the ground.

Sure, bring in Buss and Scott, need to reward form. Other than that... WTF knows?

In what alternate universe does Bramble survive at MC ? To quote the Soprano's " he's gotta go ! "

I'd like to see a glimpse into the future, with a JOD/BUSS backline, but the MC is still smoking copious amounts of crack, so who the F knows...

We need to hide Lobb in the VFL so we can get a cheeseburger for him at the end of the year. He’s just insipid.

I’d go Richards, Buss and roll the dice on Smith.

Understand the calls for LSmith but I suspect he has nowhere near the tank required just yet.

What I’d actually do is play Lobb as number 1 ruck with English forward/2nd. I’ve always thought Lobb is better as a ruck way back to his GWS days, and Tim is better at coming in as the 2nd

Do the changes really matter atm?

I was optimistic heading into last night we'd at least be competitive. Richards missing 2 weeks worries me. Lobb and English combined were atrocious.

Other than Bont, Treloar, Duryea, Jones and JOD, no one else seemed to give a sh1t.

The coach certainly didn't, given he appeared completely unaware Neale was even on the ground.

Sure, bring in Buss and Scott, need to reward form. Other than that... WTF knows?
Cameron Ling was asked to describe why he felt we are so inconsistent as a club and why we had improved over the last few weeks. He said under Bevo, our brand has consistently been hard at the source, bash and crash and just drag the ball from the opposition. Said it is unsustainable over 23 rounds as even the best players will go into games that they subconsciously feel are “easier” giving 5 percent less because elite, finals bash and crash footy just can’t be achieved for a full year. Rekons that’s one of the key reasons we lose the games we are favourites in against poorer teams. You can’t drop 5 percent at this level and beat anyone as the oppo players will sense it and gut you.

He also said we had improved dramatically because of Richards and Darcy (self evident) but particularly the fact that Richards adds that explosive dynamic that none of our other midfielders really have. I think it’s less our players don’t give a shit in these games and more a lot of the above.

I saw two really solid sprinting efforts from VDM to open the ground up.

He didn’t do much else.

Yes we need pace, but is that enough to keep him in?
He had one run up the wing and could have kept going but elected to kick when he had a tonne of space and iirc juh didn’t mark it and they turned it over and it went back the other way for an easy lions goal

Can't remember the second one but I will have nightmares about the one where he had an acre of space and totally fluffed it kicking to Lobb.

For me, that pretty much stamped his cards. He's not a first or second year player. What we've been seeing is as good as he's got.
That’s the one I was thinking about….had so much space, he could have had another two bounces and put it in the goal square

Out: Keath, McNeil (he's in my Outs every time he plays), Daniel, Vandermeer
In: Busslinger, Baker, Khamis (to play forward, weird selection as sub last night), Richards.
Lobb stays in because he's tall and Freo have the best ruck pair in the comp. As soon as Darcy returns he can carry the drinks tray in the VFL.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back