Preview Changes R17 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Harmes for Gallagher clearly improves the side if we’re serious.
I'd like to see Harmes back. VFL reports from posters here suggest he may need another run in the magoos. Not to take Port lightly, but we'll need all hands on deck for Carlton the following week ... and for deck hands to be in form and fit.

I'd like to see Harmes back. VFL reports from posters here suggest he may need another run in the magoos. Not to take Port lightly, but we'll need all hands on deck for Carlton the following week ... and for deck hands to be in form and fit.
Watched the full replay. Harmes started shakily, but came into his own in the second half, tackled strongly and has put his hand up.

Imagine the lols if Sweet plays well today (has started ok) to keeps his spot, then absolutely destroys English next week.
It will be a break even.

Tim needs to dominate around the ground because he sure as hell ain't winning the ruck duals.

Watched the full replay. Harmes started shakily, but came into his own in the second half, tackled strongly and has put his hand up.
Not sure if you're referring to me NW. I did say Harmes was rusty but the whole point of playing him in the VFL was surely to tune him up (and maybe to make sure his hammy had fully recovered). Whatever he did yesterday I reckon he will improve on next week and I'd say he definitely should be in the mix. As ITK said, he played better as the game went on. He had a few clangers early.

Could happen but MC has shown a lot of faith in Gallagher so far.

I don't think he has even been made the sub yet. That's usually a sign that you're on notice.

Not sure if you're referring to me NW. I did say Harmes was rusty but the whole point of playing him in the VFL was surely to tune him up (and maybe to make sure his hammy had fully recovered). Whatever he did yesterday I reckon he will improve on next week and I'd say he definitely should be in the mix. As ITK said, he played better as the game went on. He had a few clangers early.
Partly what you said and a fair bit of Testekill's summation. I'd like him back asap. If he needs another week of match conditioning in the 2s, sobeit, but if he's good to go I'm all for it.

JJ could be available. Does he come straight in? Who does he replace?
A bit risky after a long layoff. However if there's doubt over Duryea with a foot injury then that would make a convenient opening for him.

Agree and Disagree at the same time. Gallagher was good against North. Re watch the whole game and look at how many positive transitions he was involved in.

I rate Harmes but not for Gallagher different roles

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the lols if Sweet plays well today (has started ok) to keeps his spot, then absolutely destroys English next week.
Hmm won HO 25-10 but Marshall 18 possies to Sweety's 11

At the saints v port game today, we can easily beat these blokes if we play our best. Need the team that played freo to show up though not what we saw yesterday.
We played a very defensive and conservative type of game. Boring but successful for what is coming imo. Norf are much better than what it looks. They have improved considerably. They are still young.
No change for mine.

Sweet n Soldo are exactly the kind of physical ruckmen that give English fits in the ruck contest. Hope if it’s Sweet that it gives English some extra motivation and he has a huge game.

Separately, I think when discussing list management we need to move away from this trope that we can only compare English to Sweet when talking about cheaper alternative ruck options. There are players like Pittonet and Meek that are a level above Sweet that could or could have been had comparatively cheaply.

This a big game for both teams and Port will be fired up for their coach. In terms of making the finals I rate this as a must win. Looking at the last 8 games our 2 easiest games are North and GWS(Mars) and 2 hardest are the blues and swans. I give us 2 wins out of 4 games. This means we need 3 out Port, Cats, Crows (Away) and dees at home.

A win against Port makes the task of getting the 13 wins we need so much easier. Selection will be interesting especially on how many talls we play. Early forecast is for possible rain and 20 to 30 klm winds.

This a big game for both teams and Port will be fired up for their coach. In terms of making the finals I rate this as a must win. Looking at the last 8 games our 2 easiest games are North and GWS(Mars) and 2 hardest are the blues and swans. I give us 2 wins out of 4 games. This means we need 3 out Port, Cats, Crows (Away) and dees at home.

A win against Port makes the task of getting the 13 wins we need so much easier. Selection will be interesting especially on how many talls we play. Early forecast is for possible rain and 20 to 30 klm winds.
I know we generally have it in our heads that 13 wins is enough to make finals but I'm far from convinced that that's the case this year. I think you need 14 to be certain. 13 and it's not in your own hands, imo.

I know we generally have it in our heads that 13 wins is enough to make finals but I'm far from convinced that that's the case this year. I think you need 14 to be certain. 13 and it's not in your own hands, imo.
You're only saying that because of the teams with a draw ... Brisbane will make it regardless and always were.

Essendope will struggle to win 3 more so 13 would get over them.

Fremantle will also make it regardless because of a soft draw.

The ones to get over are Collingwood, Plastics, Port, Melbourne and Geelong. And we play 4 of the 5 and really should be up to our **** against them

You're only saying that because of the teams with a draw ... Brisbane will make it regardless and always were.

Essendope will struggle to win 3 more so 13 would get over them.

Fremantle will also make it regardless because of a soft draw.

The ones to get over are Collingwood, Plastics, Port, Melbourne and Geelong. And we play 4 of the 5 and really should be up to our **** against them
It's a factor but I don't know that it's the decisive one. And I haven't ruled out the Hawks. Provisionally I have them as the last team to make it on 14 wins. Essendon possibly missing out on 13. Again, provisionally, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th all finish on 14 wins.

I'll finalise my ladder predictor tomorrow and explain how I got there. An interesting exercise when the number of post bye games for each team, travel, turnaround and other factors are considered ... not just yesterday's form.

It's a factor but I don't know that it's the decisive one. And I haven't ruled out the Hawks. Provisionally I have them as the last team to make it on 14 wins. Essendon possibly missing out on 13. Again, provisionally, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th all finish on 14 wins.

I'll finalise my ladder predictor tomorrow and explain how I got there. An interesting exercise when the number of post bye games for each team, travel, turnaround and other factors are considered ... not just yesterday's form.
Hawthorn is going well but they are unlikely to get to 14. That's stretching it .

Only their last 2 are easy. They'd be even at best for the rest

13 will get us in given that our percentage is much better than the teams around us
Depends who we're on 13 wins with though. The 4 most likely candidates are any one of the Hawks, Cats or Essendon. In that scenario we want it to be the Hawks or Cats because we'll definitely edge them on %. If the Hawks or Cats both get to 14 and Essendon 13, Essendon still have the draw to edge themselves above us. At 14 we put it beyond doubt. It's very tight. The Hawks game at the cattery this weekend has significant implications for both of them and us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back