Preview Changes R17 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

13 will get us in given that our percentage is much better than the teams around us
We'll finish with a better percentage than all other teams that have 13 wins, the issue is that any of Essendon, Fremantle or Brisbane could play slightly below expectations for the rest of the year, and finish in 8th with 13 1/2 wins, losing 8-point games to teams that use those wins over those three teams to leapfrog themselves into 14 wins to get themselves into finals. Round 23 has Fremantle playing Geelong and Gold Coast playing Essendon. Geelong and Gold Coast win those and the chance of there being a logjam of 14 and 13 1/2 wins is a lot higher, for instance.

In a way we sort of need Brisbane, Fremantle and Essendon to keep winning. While it might limit us to only finishing 7th or 8th and open up the possibility of away finals or remove the complete remote chance of top 4, it's more critical that results go our way to make finals full stop rather than what's best for as high a ladder position as possible. We'll drop games on the run home.

Lobb seems a pretty good match up for Lord this week and JOD has the wheels to go with Georgiades.

Saw Marshall got injured by not sure on severity.

Currently on track to have 5 players kick 30+ goals. Big change to recent years where we were heavily reliant on one or two.

And we also have West who will get into the 20+ averaging just over a goal a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The forward line is absolutely stacked.

Its odd to see as a bulldogs fan.

If it happens, it will be the first time we’ve had 5 players kick 30+ goals since 2008-2009, when we were the highest scoring team in the comp in H&A. In 2008 we ended up with 6 kicking 30+, 5 doing so within H&A.

I am pleased with the turnaround the coach has been able to deploy.

But I think this is a big week for him. If we are to be taken seriously, we just have to win this week. We cannot cop any excuses for a poor performance. Just have to get the job done.

It's a factor but I don't know that it's the decisive one. And I haven't ruled out the Hawks. Provisionally I have them as the last team to make it on 14 wins. Essendon possibly missing out on 13. Again, provisionally, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th all finish on 14 wins.

I'll finalise my ladder predictor tomorrow and explain how I got there. An interesting exercise when the number of post bye games for each team, travel, turnaround and other factors are considered ... not just yesterday's form.

Good luck predicting! 😁
(Genuinely. I do look forward to your reasoning).

I have no faith at all, as so many of the games are tough to call, imo, but I had 13 wins from 5th (Brisbane with their +2), down to 10th! (Hawthorn).

I had us in 7th, GWS 8th and Collingwood missing on %.

No faith at all. 😁

Harmes for Baker, Gallagher sub. No unforced changes outside that.

Port have been poor for a month, this should be a 5 goal win if we’re any sort of threat this year

Currently on track to have 5 players kick 30+ goals. Big change to recent years where we were heavily reliant on one or two.
In 1992, Danny Del’re kicked 70, Grant 50, Royal and Hawkins both kicked 42 and Billy Kolynuik got 35.

Even Galaxy got in on the act with 24!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously if we have Gags instead of Garcia. It's a joke.
I understand giving people a go.....But when it comes to winning games, I see nothing that selects him ahead of sunny right now

Harmes avg just under a goal a game. And brings real toughness. Need to get him in over the next few weeks.

Add JJ and Coffield to the backline and we are looking really solid.

Seriously if we have Gags instead of Garcia. It's a joke.
I understand giving people a go.....But when it comes to winning games, I see nothing that selects him ahead of sunny right now
Garcia isn't a winger or high half-forward though. He's competing with Sanders and Macrae (though Macrae looks to have regained some form) as players who are rotating as on-ballers, forwards and the forwards that push up to the secondary contest.

Gallagher's battling with Daniel and Harmes as genuine utility types, so it's who gets picked out of those three.

Garcia isn't a winger or high half-forward though. He's competing with Sanders and Macrae (though Macrae looks to have regained some form) as players who are rotating as on-ballers, forwards and the forwards that push up to the secondary contest.

Gallagher's battling with Daniel and Harmes as genuine utility types, so it's who gets picked out of those three.
If Harmes has his pre injury form then Harmes->Gags->Daniel.

But Harmes hasn't shown that form yet so it maybe Gags.

I'd consider Garcia over Sanders but it's a fine line. Sanders safer, Garcia more damaging. We are probably preferencing safe. 100% pressure, plus effective ball use. Really feels like that is the current directive. We struggled with the later V Roos but hoping it was bye cobwebs.

I feel we're getting pretty close to a statement game and this might be it. Second up after the bye. The vibe is back.

We've threatened to put a really good one together for a while but have been hamstrung in game by injuries in a couple and the exhaustive pre-bye slog and fixture quirk in another.

What I'm looking for in this game is not so much a margin but an attitude .... a word ... ruthless. Their midfield has tested and beaten us in recent encounters. I want to see us dominate in that area. Libba will have a job, Richards changes the dynamic, Treloar and Bont are in form. A clinical, relentless and ruthless grinding down and then despatching of an opposition when we have them on their knees. Killer instinct. No overt celebrating or self congratulating just cold hard business. It's business time.

I feel we're getting pretty close to a statement game and this might be it. Second up after the bye. The vibe is back.

We've threatened to put a really good one together for a while but have been hamstrung in game by injuries in a couple and the exhaustive pre-bye slog and fixture quirk in another.

What I'm looking for in this game is not so much a margin but an attitude .... a word ... ruthless. Their midfield has tested and beaten us in recent encounters. I want to see us dominate in that area. Libba will have a job, Richards changes the dynamic, Treloar and Bont are in form. A clinical, relentless and ruthless grinding down and then despatching of an opposition when we have them on their knees. Killer instinct. No overt celebrating or self congratulating just cold hard business. It's business time.
I mean we’ve put together plenty of great games recently. The Tigers game, Pies game but especially the Dockers game a couple of weeks ago was near flawless.

Freo are 3rd and have one lost one game in the past 6 games. That was against us where we put up 149 points.

We’ve only laid one egg in the past 7 weeks and that was against a resurgent Brisbane. Even when we were beaten by the Hawks, we clearly seem to be running into some teams on the up whereas a side like the Bombers are the opposite.

Most of these flogs spent all week on our board pleading for a stkilda win.
And now onto the Dogs!

Animated GIF

Welcome to the
“Sack Hinkley” Port Board
Tour 2024

I mean we’ve put together plenty of great games recently. The Tigers game, Pies game but especially the Dockers game a couple of weeks ago was near flawless.

Freo are 3rd and have one lost one game in the past 6 games. That was against us where we put up 149 points.

We’ve only laid one egg in the past 7 weeks and that was against a resurgent Brisbane. Even when we were beaten by the Hawks, we clearly seem to be running into some teams on the up whereas a side like the Bombers are the opposite.
Agree we have had some good performances and the Freo one was especially good. But there's an intangible something I'm looking for despite those couple of good performances. I/we'll know when we see it.

They really need to prioritise the Bont, Richards & Treloar combo this week. Libba can spend more time forward and the pitbull, lock it in style.

Butters, Rozie have too much pace for Libba. Fight fire with fire and unleash Richards for a full game in the middle.

So we will wear business socks, because it’s business time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back