Preview Changes R17 v Port

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Harmes, JJ, Garcia, Scott and Busslinger
Out: Gallagher, Gallagher, Gallagher, Gallagher and Gallagher

So Bevo running with an 8 man bench... or starting 22 on the field? I like it. If oppo ask for a player count, is it only limited to once a game? So we field 22 to start the game, Port ask for a count, our zero score is reset to zero, then we spend 4 quarters piling up a cricket score.

I may have missed something, but I'm sure it's a plan Baldrick and Blackadder would approve of.
(A preposition to end a sentence? Richard Curtis and Ben Elton would approve IMO. 😄)

Liam Jones 100th game for the club this weekend

Feel like it would be extremely rare to have a guy do 100 games across two stints like that?
I agree it’s Rare One player I can think of was Heath Black

Fremantle 1997-2001 - 69 games
St. Kilda 2002- 2004 - 54 games
Fremantle 2005- 2008 - 69 games

If English stinks it up again and Sweet beats him does Bevo have the chops to drop him?

Right now we’d be a better team with Darcy and Lobb changing ruck and forward.

I agree it’s Rare One player I can think of was Heath Black

Fremantle 1997-2001 - 69 games
St. Kilda 2002- 2004 - 54 games
Fremantle 2005- 2008 - 69 games
Freo used to love bringing back former players or being a short stint before returning players to their original club.

Trent Croad played 84 games at the Hawks, 2-year Freo stint, back for another 100 games at the Hawks. Chris Tarrant similar profile but already had >100 games at the Pies. Peter Bell is a bit of a stretch but did 2 games at Freo, 123 at North and then back to Freo for 161. Some of others that did 2 Freo stints but didn’t get to the 100 game include Brad Wira and Adam McPhee. Probably some others.

If English stinks it up again and Sweet beats him does Bevo have the chops to drop him?

Right now we’d be a better team with Darcy and Lobb changing ruck and forward.

He should absolutely demolish Sweet around the ground / with his smarts. Just need to halve the ruck contest at the very least.

Last edited:
Trent Croad is another.

There are heaps... Depends on the criteria you want to use.

GAJ, Beams, Betts, Bell a few stars to have done it recently.

Josh Carr, McPhee, Zac Smith, Pratt, Heffernan, Justin Murphy (CAR), Monty, David Cloke are a few others.

There are heaps... Depends on the criteria you want to use.

GAJ, Beams, Betts, Bell a few stars to have done it recently.

Josh Carr, McPhee, Zac Smith, Pratt, Heffernan, Justin Murphy (CAR), Monty, David Cloke are a few others.
I was using the original parameters posted. Less then 100 games in the first run, to notch up the 100 club games on return.
If we aren't looking at that specifically then it happens more regularly. Gunston the most recent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Jones 100th game for the club this weekend
I recall his 50th well. It was friggin freezing. I went to buy a coffee at 3 quarter time to try and warm up and all the shops were closed. Oh and we lost to Melbourne.

1720051724027.png

Garcia isn't a winger or high half-forward though. He's competing with Sanders and Macrae (though Macrae looks to have regained some form) as players who are rotating as on-ballers, forwards and the forwards that push up to the secondary contest.

Gallagher's battling with Daniel and Harmes as genuine utility types, so it's who gets picked out of those three.
Gags is giving nothing but pressure on our defensive stocks with his constant turnovers. No amount of pumping his tyres changes that. He may improve next year but he's a liability right now.

Sorry if this shouldn't be in this thread but I've got 2 x tickets for next week's game for sale in the Top Dogs room (v Carlton). Should be a cracker and I'd rather give them to dogs ppl. 75 ea dm me if you want them

Gags is giving nothing but pressure on our defensive stocks with his constant turnovers. No amount of pumping his tyres changes that. He may improve next year but he's a liability right now.
6th in Clearances, top 10 in rebounds and tackles yep nothing but a liability

1 out of 52 clangers last game
3 out of 48 the one before

Maybe an area he has been improving
On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back