Preview Changes: R2 2021 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon it means Murray plays, but I fear Mackay might play for Brown.......

He shouldn't but it just might.

I'd change a few up, very very warm day..... Tom Lynch is in the burns unit with ROB.

Losing Brown and Kelly makes Dmac a total certainty. A good result would be 3 in and Seed to sub. Mackay being one of the 3 isn't a problem. It's a problem when there's an obvious option left in the shed, which I don't think will be the case this week. Covid has made it hard to know much about guys we haven't seen at AFL level. We knew Sholl and Hamill looked enough quality from 2019 SANFL games. Got nothing since but Un telecasted and meaningless scratch matches.

Mackay has to come in. Didn’t anyone see what our side looked like without him

Can also see why we've stuck with continuity, experience and been fearful of giving kids too much responsibility all these years. If that wasn't us turning into Nelbourbe/Carlton at selection then I must be watching the wrong game. We're just lucky list changes forced us into that. Only Dmac left in the shed but he's off a hampered preseason.

Inj: Kelly(conc) Hinge(shoulder) McAdam(ankle)? Brown(achilles)

In:
Worrell for Kelly
Murray? for Hinge
Murphy to cover Brown down back. Jones to come in forward.

Murphy Butts McPherson
Smith Doedee Hamill
Sloane Schoenberg Sholl
McAdam? Walker Jones
Rowe Frampton McHenry

ROB Laird Keays

Berry Worrell Lynch Seedsman

If we need an extra tall I would bring in Thilthorpe. If Himmelberg played well in the SANFL I would also possibly bring him in for Frampton. Tough to drop Frampton after he performed though.

Why the frog would we want an extra tall?

Sloane moved into the Crouch role and did it better IMO.

Obviously the 'role' isn't to win possession then. Sloane got it 20 times and Crouch routinely gets it 35 times. Sloane also got it much more outside the stoppage event, nit even similar roles really. Which is why I've often posed the question as to the value of what is pretty much only a stoppage accumulator.

I don't think he's ever done that. What I liked about the team today was the forward and back we were more mobile with not as many lumbering talls. Also through midfield we had some speed and tackling pressure through the likes of Berry, McHenry, Sloane, Keays,Schoenberg, Laird. At one stage 3 players tackled a cats player to the ground. Was the play of the game for mine. They finally got the memo that we need foot speed. There was some Richmondesque subtleties on display in our game which is a big step in the right direction.

That pressure starts in our 50, that was the big difference, we were able to slow down their exit which gives the next group a chance for once.

Obviously the 'role' isn't to win possession then. Sloane got it 20 times and Crouch routinely gets it 35 times. Sloane also got it much more outside the stoppage event, nit even similar roles really. Which is why I've often posed the question as to the value of what is pretty much only a stoppage accumulator.
Similar in that he was quite often the first receiver at the stoppage, however far more proactive and on the move than flat foot Matt.

Think it's crazy those suggesting bringing in another tall forward. We got to see what an extra running forward can do with speed and the ability to hunt and it was great.

If the rest of our side played like this again then I suppose the marking forward might actually get hit on the lead as Walker did a scary amount but at this stage I want to see more of hunting in numbers like we did yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inj: Kelly(conc) Hinge(shoulder) McAdam(ankle)? Brown(achilles)

In:
Worrell for Kelly
Murray? for Hinge
Murphy to cover Brown down back. Jones to come in forward.

Murphy Butts McPherson
Smith Doedee Hamill
Sloane Schoenberg Sholl
McAdam? Walker Jones
Rowe Frampton McHenry

ROB Laird Keays

Berry Worrell Lynch Seedsman

If we need an extra tall I would bring in Thilthorpe. If Himmelberg played well in the SANFL I would also possibly bring him in for Frampton. Tough to drop Frampton after he performed though.

You-Are-a-Genius-Reaction-Gif-Pointing.gif

And if it wasn't already obvious,

giphy-1.gif

Let's all jusr agree we want to see Worrell and Murray and leave the crazy stuff for another day.

Myself, I'd rather Seed disappear from the side. Bring Jones back in while we have a good vibe, see if that does anything to propel himself to dizzying heights

View attachment 1082111

And if it wasn't already obvious,

View attachment 1082113

Let's all jusr agree we want to see Worrell and Murray and leave the crazy stuff for another day.

Myself, I'd rather Seed disappear from the side. Bring Jones back in while we have a good vibe, see if that does anything to propel himself to dizzying heights
The new man on the mark rule gives Seed an edge. Being able to run and boot it 60m is a massive weapon.

Which makes it suprising Port aren’t going with Mackenzie. That would be my strategy. Kick it to him for an uncontested Mark. Then get him to run around the stationery player on the mark and boof it.

It's also nice that we just showed Matt Crouch that he isn't indispensable.

When he comes back in he runs both ways or he's straight back out.
Poor bastard needs to actually get his body right so he can run before he “runs both ways”..

He currently waddles instead of runs. He clearly isnt right and should not be used until he is.

I agree that those are the 3 likely changes, but you can bet your bottom dollar that the sub will be Worrell and not D-Mac in that scenario sadly. I’d have money on that.

Also, Seedsman is pretty lucky blokes got injured. Thin ice there. Just doesn’t look up to the level anymore for mine.

Remains to be seen if McAdam and Hamill come up ok from their foot / ankle issues today. Sure, they both played the game out, but likely only out of necessity. Could be issues with one or both of them, which might bring the likes of Fogarty, Jones, Hately and Pedlar into the selection frame.
2nd ankle sprain for McAdam this season. He may struggle to get up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R2 2021 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back