Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just shithouse, uninspiring selection.

Round 1 I think we got the team most of us wanted bar TT. It’s gotten progressively worse as the years gone on.

This is just dog shit.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

It’s just shithouse, uninspiring selection.

Round 1 I think we got the team most of us wanted bar TT. It’s gotten progressively worse as the years gone on.

This is just dog s**t.

Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)
Take Sloane, Murphy, and Crouch out and replace them with Soligo, Berry, Cook/Dowling and it's actually not a bad team even with our injuries. It's like Nicks does selection 80% right but he just can't get over that final hurdle. You get the feeling that he will never fully nail selection before he is sacked.

Everyone can see Berry is labouring ......was a week enough for Soligo to recover ? ......no-one knows outside the Club

It seems to me however, they want games into Soligo ....so if he was 100% I'd suggest he would be playing, even over Schoenberg
Remember Nankervis wouldn’t be playing his second game if it wasn’t due to illness, so why do you have such blind faith in Nicks judgment?

How many examples of mistakes do you need to start doubting?

Stop being a sheep parrot and think for yourself

Remember Nankervis wouldn’t be playing his second game if it wasn’t due to illness, so why do you have such blind faith in Nicks judgment?

How many examples of mistakes do you need to start doubting your faith?

Mate, no-one has ever accused me of not having my own thoughts .....never

I'm going against the grain of the board's thoughts today, aren't I ......that's hardly sheep mentality

Take Sloane, Murphy, and Crouch out and replace them with Soligo, Berry, Cook/Dowling and it's actually not a bad team even with our injuries. It's like Nicks does selection 80% right but he just can't get over that final hurdle. You get the feeling that he will never fully nail selection before he is sacked.

Those 3 changes would be wonderful and it would enhance our chances of winning plus build for the future, unfortunately the club truly believes our experienced midfielders are stacked.

Shown off field by not spending big draft capital on midfielders and on field by Nicks failing to give meaningful midfield minutes to the next gen midfielders we do have on the list.

Yes we have a lot of youth playing but not in the most important area of the game.

Fancy in year 4 of a rebuild and the coach still selects Sloane, Crouch, Keays and Laird to play midfield.

I'm going against the grain of the board's thoughts today, aren't I ......that's hardly sheep mentality
It would be generous describing them as thoughts

How many examples of mistakes do you need to start doubting?

If I was to bet on exactly when Nicks would have made the call to play Nankervis it would have certainly not been against Melbourne and Port. I would honestly say he wouldnt even considered Nankervis until a safe game like GC or the Swans. Probably the Swans so he can back up against the Eagles. Make no mistake though, I bet he is itching to drop Nankervis though. He will use depth as an excuse. Nankervis may not survive the cut for the showdown. Soligo will probably come back.

If your opinion constantly is “Nicks is right” then I’m sorry that’s hardly your own thoughts. You might as well be Bill Shorten.

Even when there were clear errors you wouldn’t agree, even when Nicks admitted to it.

If you can’t even now admit not picking Nankervis earlier was a mistake by Nicks, what do you expect? Nicks didn’t think he was ready, he gets a game due to illness and then gets another game. There can be no more confirmation of an error of judgement. Do you agree?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're underrating Murphy's season .....that said, he will be a depth player, maybe as soon as next year
We all thought that would be the case this year. Even with Rankine and Rachele playing, he still managed to be viewed as being best 22.

We all thought that would be the case this year. Even with Rankine and Rachele playing, he still managed to be viewed as being best 22.

Its a big fail. He disappears in big games, classic flat track out the back player when the heat isn't on. We had some better options really.

I want Mattrox and NSolis explain how this is a good thing

Or is the club spin going to be Keane in needed Crouch balance
Nothing is ever a good thing because you always find fault and nothing is wver good enough....

Except whe we win, you disappear.

Only to whinge and complain like a man baby whenever there is a rough patch.

We are literally giving Nankervis another crack after a pretty good start. MM is being played, showing supreme confidence in his as a 1st year player.

Shit, when the final lineup last week was different than named.... ie both Cook and Nank in..... Zero naysers who we asking for it acknowledged that they were wrong and the club is giving youngsters a shot.

We are not exactly going to telegraph that Soli has a bad case of the general to make him a target in future games.

Neither can we appear to be taking. I saw a comment that this was the worst team we have fielded this year........ At the same time the naysers are saying winning doesn't matter let's get a good pick. You gotta decide what you want. Thee abolute best team to win.... or debuting players like Nank last week and Keeane this week.

You are flim-flam wishy-washy fairweather fans.... Either that or Port Power Trolls....
Because no team has cleared the decks of coaches and players and then 3 years later been genuinely contending. Rebuilding is painful and a journey.... Clesrly some fans did not really mean it when they complained "Adelaide has never borromed out to rebuild because we don't have the guts"... The moment the club does you guys go weeak at the knees and complain about not winning....... Eat a teaspoon of cement.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing is ever a good thing because you always find fault and nothing is wver good enough....

You have to stop these lies. Its piss weak of you to continue them
We are literally giving Nankervis another crack after a pretty good start. MM is being played, showing supreme confidence in his as a 1st year player.

s**t, when the final lineup last week was different than named.... ie both Cook and Nank in..... Zero naysers who we asking for it acknowledged that they were wrong and the club is giving youngsters a shot.

We are not exactly going to telegraph that Soli has a bad case of the general to make him a target in future games.

Neither can we appear to be taking. I saw a comment that this was the worst team we have fielded this year........ At the same time the naysers are saying winning doesn't matter let's get a good pick. You gotta decide what you want. Thee abolute best team to win.... or debuting players like Nank last week and Keeane this week.
Again never said it
You are flim-flam wishy-washy fairweather fans.... Either that or Port Power Trolls....
Because no team has cleared the decks of coaches and players and then 3 years later been genuinely contending. Rebuilding is painful and a journey.... Clesrly some fans did not really mean it when they complained "Adelaide has never borromed out to rebuild because we don't have the guts"... The moment the club does you guys go weeak at the knees and complain about not winning....... Eat a teaspoon of cement.

For the 3rd time stop lying. It means you have no argument

No we want more - thats where you continue to fail to understand our arguments.

Is Crouch worth persisting with or Cook?

Keane comes in for Murray which is the correct call.

Nankervis ONLY came in for illness - it was never planned to play him.

Like BACCS its easy to see your football knowledge comes from attending games and not being actively involved. We see the failures of List Management and Coaching Selection failures.

But enjoy getting on the piss and cheering the lads

s**t, when the final lineup last week was different than named.... ie both Cook and Nank in..... Zero naysers who we asking for it acknowledged that they were wrong and the club is giving youngsters a shot.

I agree mate, too much reading the tea leaves going on from Crows fans. Just enjoy the footy, enjoy the build up each week, take a few positives in, and we might have a few laughs along the way. Too many try to be Nostradamus each week, and we all get it wrong, myself included.
Our coaches are putting in a team for reasons mostly known to them, so we go along for the ride, trusting, hoping.
The boys are a bit down on morale but they will be up and about and in those Port Power faces when we kick a few against them.
I’m not expecting a win on past form but whatever team we put out there are going to put on a show. Not expecting a big loss either.
On another note Go The Wallabies. A bit of a clash with Showdown schedule but oh well.

Wow. I’m not even going to judge cause Nicks is clearly operating on a field we cannot comprehend. All I know is he better hope it works cause he’s just put a huge target on himself.
Talk about hyperbole. We literally outperformed expectation in the front half of the year before a bunch of young players hit the wall. Arguably we out performed last week too... except set shot execution.

There is literally no target on Nicks. There has been a clear progression in development from last year to this. We have seen the execution of a clear and coherent game plan. His forward structure is within the top 6 in many key areas. It's our midfield that needs work, and that was known from the start. He is safe for 2 years.

If people make the same complaints that "we have been doing this since Craig"... maybe it's not all the coaches since that are the problems... maybe it's the bigfooty echo chamber that is disconnected from the realities of AFL selection... I would argue that selection and drafting were worse under Ayres with the select experience.

You guys make up imagined scenarios, then get mad that we reacted badly to a non-existent problem that you made up in your head.

Someome making a decision different than you would does not automatically make them incompetent. Firstly, they have vastly more data and information. Secondly, a slightly different approach will make sweet FA difference in the long term.

The fact is the kids that have shown the most promise have been given a huge number of games quickly. Others have been eased into it..... All the hand-wringing over Doedee's development, debut and selection has amounted to a pinch of shit. "He won't re-sign" .... "He won't develop" "He will get poached because of lack of opportunity". All wrong, all hyperbole and no one has apologised to the club about their rants about incompetence.

The board is full of snowflakes who melt every Thursday night is the selection isn't exactly what they want. Entitled man babies throwing a tantrum.

Talk about hyperbole. We literally outperformed expectation in the front half of the year before a bunch of young players hit the wall. Arguably we out performed last week too... except set shot execution.

There is literally no target on Nicks. There has been a clear progression in development from last year to this. We have seen the execution of a clear and coherent game plan. His forward structure is within the top 6 in many key areas. It's our midfield that needs work, and that was known from the start. He is safe for 2 years.

If people make the same complaints that "we have been doing this since Craig"... maybe it's not all the coaches since that are the problems... maybe it's the bigfooty echo chamber that is disconnected from the realities of AFL selection... I would argue that selection and drafting were worse under Ayres with the select experience.

You guys make up imagined scenarios, then get mad that we reacted badly to a non-existent problem that you made up in your head.

Someome making a decision different than you would does not automatically make them incompetent. Firstly, they have vastly more data and information. Secondly, a slightly different approach will make sweet FA difference in the long term.

The fact is the kids that have shown the most promise have been given a huge number of games quickly. Others have been eased into it..... All the hand-wringing over Doedee's development, debut and selection has amounted to a pinch of s**t. "He won't re-sign" .... "He won't develop" "He will get poached because of lack of opportunity". All wrong, all hyperbole and no one has apologised to the club about their rants about incompetence.

The board is full of snowflakes who melt every Thursday night is the selection isn't exactly what they want. Entitled man babies throwing a tantrum.

So why are we not working on it then?

I can deal with these selections if, at the first bounce, we see Dawson, Crouch, and Schoey lining up in the centre, Sloane and Keays at HF, and Laird to HB.

But I think we'd be more likely to see pigs flying overhead.

Laird isn’t playing half back anytime soon. May never play there again

The others fair call

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If your opinion constantly is “Nicks is right” then I’m sorry that’s hardly your own thoughts. You might as well be Bill Shorten.

Even when there were clear errors you wouldn’t agree, even when Nicks admitted to it.

If you can’t even now admit not picking Nankervis earlier was a mistake by Nicks, what do you expect? Nicks didn’t think he was ready, he gets a game due to illness and then gets another game. There can be no more confirmation of an error of judgement. Do you agree?

So are you suggesting anytime a young player comes into a team, plays well and gets another game it proves that the coach has been wrong all year not to play him. That’s just a nonsensical argument.
The position that Nank likely gets fames in - wing and half back, have been pretty strong spots for us this year. Yes you would have Sloane out (at the very least rotating out) but Nicks disagrees with you.
But lots of coaches - most coaches - value having the experienced head in just for those few important things they do per game - moreso than anyone on here

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nicks didn't drop Nankervis .....and he brought Michaelanney back immediately after a week's break

Isn't it more about Max coming back to his HBF .....which had a knock-on affect of pushing Hinge to a WING .....the spot occupied by Cook

Nankervis may also play his preferred Wing role ....allowing Hinge to rotate between Wing and HB

Seems logical to me ....side looks pretty balanced, apart from Sloane

View attachment 1757305
Far out. You truly buy into the “structure“

thou shall not put a player in a slightly different position to that which he trained in the preseason.

such creativity at afc

i wonder if we would go in a player short if all our inside mids were injure thus is the inflexibility of our coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R20 Showdown vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back