Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Rate our selections for this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So Pedlar is a mid, and starts in the SANFL. 30 touches and 4 goals.

So we bring him in for Round 2, and he gets 10 and a goal, from a forward pocket despite our midfield sucking.

So we drop him for MURPHY, even when Sloane is out, whom Pedlar could replace, seeing as Sloane is moving like a pensioner and hack kicking it forward at every opportunity.

What are they doing?
He had 5 dispels. Did he actually have 30 in the sanfl? Because he played mostly as a forward. It seems he still lacks the fitness to play full midfield minutes.
The first mistake was picking him when he needed mid time to build on, but once in the team they may as well give him exposure to the level with handful centre bounces instead yo-young him in and out of the team.

I don’t understand what his development strategy is.

You know your Club is totally f**ked, when everyone on here takes potshots at it.

FFS.

I will have to wait for the 2nd rebuild in the last 2020s.
A few of us have been here a while.

I remember having these same melts for nearly 20 years

It's clearly not a coach thing, it's a cultural problem.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Done with this shitshow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not arguing with you, that's something I heard. There's no reason to say he can't play a half or a quarter in the middle, but we just seem to chuck them in the fwd pocket and leave them there.

It's been a constant for years now and not just limited to Nicks.

Rachele has managed to get in there in just his second AFL game (not having a go at him as he has some serious class about him) and he's more of a forward than the rest of them. I just can't see the logic in it.

I noticed one of Hawthorns best players was last week, Ward, a first round draftee that is already getting serious midfield minutes in just his second game. Why can't we f*cking do that!!
Yeah sorry mate, wasn't having a crack.
Just yelling at clouds again.

Couldn't agree more with the rest of your post. We select like primary school football Coaches who have no idea about development or what it is they are supposed to be doing.

Yes

Frampton can kick ( at sanfl level ) but otherwise you’re correct
Framptons got great skills… even at AFL level.. all up until the very point he gets the ball in his hand within 60m of the goals..

Then he completely shits the bed…

Totally and utterly chokes.

Its all in his head.

At his age.. hard to see that change.

Where do they think the goals are coming from? Himmelberg is there because he supposedly brings the ball to ground. Fogarty can kick for goal but goes missing 95% of the time. Murphy is great for pressure but isn't our goalsneak. McHenry and Rowe might try hard but they are effort rather than talent.

I guess we have pinned our hopes on a 19 year old 3rd gamer to carry a forward line. He has done it once I suppose.

Also what happens when Tex comes back in? EH might finally go but how doea TT get back in?

It's a shitstorm.

Even if we get the "1 good game in 4" Murphy it just doesn't serve a purpose
I dont reacon I have ever seen Murphy play an entire good game..

He is a good quarter here and there type..

Goes MIA so often its not funny..

I dont reacon I have ever seen Murphy play an entire good game..

He is a good quarter here and there type..

Goes MIA so often its not funny..

I would have only minor reservations if a peak-form and fitness Murphy replaced the currently unfit Pedlar for a Showdown, but Murphy has been injured and has shown nothing to justify a recall as far as I know. He was awful/missing two weeks ago and I'm not sure he was mentioned in dispatches last week?

Where do they think the goals are coming from? Himmelberg is there because he supposedly brings the ball to ground. Fogarty can kick for goal but goes missing 95% of the time. Murphy is great for pressure but isn't our goalsneak. McHenry and Rowe might try hard but they are effort rather than talent.

I guess we have pinned our hopes on a 19 year old 3rd gamer to carry a forward line. He has done it once I suppose.

Also what happens when Tex comes back in? EH might finally go but how doea TT get back in?

It's a shitstorm.
Outside of Rachele and Fog, it is hard to see mutiple goals from anyone.

Ned or Berg haven't even kicked a goal yet this year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And I will say, the problem isn't even with Murphy or Frampton on an individual level. It's how we've completely lost any long term strategy now and are just reacting week to week to week.

Pedlar is yo-yo'd out, in, out, if you continually bring up his fitness being an issue, why not give him an extended run in the SANFL as a midfielder, let him gain some fitness and play there and then bring him in? Or give him some time in the midfield if you've selected him, even if it's just 5 minutes a quarter? Berry was "fast-tracked" last year, played most games, OK, why isn't he in the side then and starting to push for more midfield time? Why not do what they did with Schoenberg with him?

How is it Sam Mitchell can come in to the Hawks and Ward, Newcombe and Nash can get 50%-75% of the amount of midfield time that Worpel, O'Meara and Mitchell do while we can only manage that with Schoenberg?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R3 vs Port Adelaide

Back