Preview Changes Round 14 Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't be 100% certain that Honeychurch will be a straight in; I wouldn't be surprised if that spot was given to Hunter instead (Or possibly Boyd/Stringer). If we wait one week, the club can debut Honey in the much more comfortable environment of Etihad stadium vs Melbourne, rather than playing the ladder leading Port at a ground they have made their own and then some. Hunter has a bit more experience, and has also been in good form. I would love to see Honey play though, and his form has certainly commanded a call up. I just think it would be understandable if the club brought Honey as an emergency, and then wait a week to play him.

Looks like I am on my own again. For me it's Cordy in for Cooney. Gives more structure, allows two talls up forward and Crameri can play his proper role as the third tall and it provides cover and assistance for Minson. Nothing against Honeychurch, hunter, Boyd or Stringer I just want a tall not a mid.

Looks like I am on my own again. For me it's Cordy in for Cooney. Gives more structure, allows two talls up forward and Crameri can play his proper role as the third tall and it provides cover and assistance for Minson. Nothing against Honeychurch, hunter, Boyd or Stringer I just want a tall not a mid.
I'd be for that but we need all the run we can get against Port I feel.

Shaw and Butcher in the 2's for PA kicked 9 between, Shaw kicking 6 of those, wouldn't be at all surprised if they throw an extra tall forward this week, going to need 3 tall defenders.

Roughy to Westhoff
Austin to Schultz
Morris to Shaw/Butcher.

If we don't play Shaw or Butcher...Expect Trengove to go fwd.

We have Hombsch and Carlile that can go on your best 2 tall fwds and Impey on your best small fwd and Jonas is versatile enough to play on the 3rd tall or your most damaging medium/small fwd.

Are you guys saying Boyd won't come back in if fit?
I'm not asking what you'd LIKE, I'm asking what you honestly think MC will do if Boyd's fit.

My guess is someone will come up "sore" this week allowing Boyd and someone else in, probably Honey. But whether that happens or not I'd say Boyd will be first cab off the rank.

Cliche but you have to beat our mids to challenge. Port did not go to sydney to loose and the boys will be hurting. Great to see bulldogs taking game on last week and look fwd to seeing your young talent.
I'm think it should be an interesting battle. Our midfield has been good most of the season, what changed last week for me was our ability to make it count on the scoreboard. Looking forward to the game too it will be a good measuring stick for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't Smith need to be placed on the LTI for that to happen?
We still have an elevation up our sleeve, I think.

Get one after Round 11 anyway, and I think Austin got the upgrade because Dickson's on the LTI list.

Stinger needs to hone his burst, running and leaping, and get a lot fitter. He seems to lumber a bit at the moment. Early days, particularly due to his broken leg.

Would like to see Hunter back in the side though, he is very creative and almost a plug in replacement for Gia when he plays forward. And Honey will be interesting to see - I imagine he will start his career up forward.

Could we take this forward line to Port?

Grant Williams Crameri
Hunter Jones HoneyChurch.

Depends if Hunter has done enough to replace Stevens.

Stevens and Wallis rush their disposal when they have a lot more time then they think, I think at least one needs to be dropped (probably Wallis) for Boyd this week and Hunter or Honeychurch for Cooney

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back