Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe's got a stress fracture in his foot.

"Merriman said Fyfe had now entered a ‘de-load period’ and that the Club remained hopeful that the 31-year-old would feature again later in the season. “We have now put him in a boot, so he is going into a period of de-load. “We are going to see how his foot is after this period of de-load and we are hopeful that we will see him again this season.”

Last edited:
We are definitely still in it.. just need win carlton then sydney

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to win one of Brisbane/Collingwood/Geelong. All other games we will start favourite. I’m actually more confident we will win one of the first three but drop a game we are expected to win as that is what has been etched into my brain to expect over 28 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We need to win one of Brisbane/Collingwood/Geelong. All other games we will start favourite. I’m actually more confident we will win one of the first three but drop a game we are expected to win as that is what has been etched into my brain to expect over 28 years

The Geelong game is our best bet and we’re one of the few sides that plays well there

Is there any truth to the “Jackson had a niggle so didn’t play in the ruck or midfield “ line? If so I’d rest him as well and give Kuek a go as a forward with Treacy to continue as second ruck.
Jackson > Kuek
Fyfe > Brodie
Switta > Sturt

We need goal kickers and Kuek and Sturt are the best we have in the shed.

We also need a big body in the midfield, if Fyfe can’t play time to bring Brodie back into the team, his defensive effort can’t be worse than Fyfe.

All I can say is people calling for Kuek to get a game obviously don’t watch any Peel games. He is an amazing athlete but still very very raw. He needs to develop playing WAFL not AFL

Is there any truth to the “Jackson had a niggle so didn’t play in the ruck or midfield “ line? If so I’d rest him as well and give Kuek a go as a forward with Treacy to continue as second ruck.
Jackson > Kuek
Fyfe > Brodie
Switta > Sturt

We need goal kickers and Kuek and Sturt are the best we have in the shed.

We also need a big body in the midfield, if Fyfe can’t play time to bring Brodie back into the team, his defensive effort can’t be worse than Fyfe.
Yeah Brodie back in the midfield and let him stay. It is no coincidence that we’re getting beaten when Brayshaw is well held, you can see how frustrated he gets with the close attention. Last year he was scoring top coaches votes virtually every week and we dominated. JLo needs to give him some protection.

Yeah Brodie back in the midfield and let him stay. It is no coincidence that we’re getting beaten when Brayshaw is well held, you can see how frustrated he gets with the close attention. Last year he was scoring top coaches votes virtually every week and we dominated. JLo needs to give him some protection.
Brayshaw gets pushed off the ball too easily. One of the main reasons he can't handle the close attention. He looked happier on the outside except for his kicking.

No way we're starting favourites against Port.

I think you can back it in that JL will bring back Brodie and Banfield for this game.

Although Johnson and Erasmus had a good crack at it against WB, we must have a more experienced contributor in the midfield in Fyfe’s absence. Enter Will Brodie who also happened to have kicked a ripper of a goal Round 6 last year against Carlton.

Switta kicked a couple in that game as well so a repeat of that would be most welcomed.😎

I think you can back it in that JL will bring back Brodie and Banfield for this game.

Although Johnson and Erasmus had a good crack at it against WB, we must have a more experienced contributor in the midfield in Fyfe’s absence. Enter Will Brodie who also happened to have kicked a ripper of a goal Round 6 last year against Carlton.

Switta kicked a couple in that game as well so a repeat of that would be most welcomed.😎
I don't want to see Banfield again and would much prefer Corbett get a game.

Johnson and Erasmus stay in.

Brodie hopefully should come in as the replacement for Fyfe and let Johnson/Serong/OMeara spend more time forward.

You would think that Sturt is ahead of Banfield in the pecking order at this stage. Banfield wasnt named in the bests at peel either so he needs another few weeks there I reckon. Just to get his confidence back. Ideally another *checks fixtures - 8 weeks 😉

You would think that Sturt is ahead of Banfield in the pecking order at this stage. Banfield wasnt named in the bests at peel either so he needs another few weeks there I reckon. Just to get his confidence back. Ideally another *checks fixtures - 8 weeks 😉
Just for you cause you didn't bother watch the game and love to run your own narrative 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-03-16-45-55-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-03-16-45-55-63_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 123
But Bailey Banfield was far and away the best looking at peel and thats what really matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way we're starting favourites against Port.
We'll start favourites against both Carltank and Hawks and lose both.
I can see us also losing both of the Sydney and Wet Toast games. especially if we keep picking the same favourites and keep starting so slow.

Under no world view could we be regarded as favourites against either Port, Collingwood, Brisbane or Geelong, unless for some reason one of those teams have 13 players suspended or injured just before playing us. Even then I'd still not say we were favourites.

This next run of games will be an insight for those who think we have spectacular coaching and wonderful gameday management.

Yeah but at the end of the day he's still getting a couple chances a game. Just got a severe case of the yips, getting a lot of no scores. Darcy too, has been getting plenty of mark inside 50 but his set shots have gone to s**t. Plenty of no scores, touched off the boot etc.
I like Treacy but have been so frustrated with his kicking. His field kicking is good
When he arrived he was a very raw package but his goal kicking was good
Kicked goals from outside 50 regularly

What has happened?

Just for you cause you didn't bother watch the game and love to run your own narrative 😉
He needs more than that to get his confidence back after having two games in the AFL where he barely touched the ball and turned it over to the opposition most times he got it. A run of 8 games at peel would suit him, like I said 😎

I like Treacy but have been so frustrated with his kicking. His field kicking is good
When he arrived he was a very raw package but his goal kicking was good
Kicked goals from outside 50 regularly

What has happened?
I agree, and to me it looks like the problem is between his ears. Josh does an enormous amount of work both on and off the ball. He’s making a lot of good decisions and is now taking strong overhead marks. He’s also now using his size to good effect.

Its easy to forget that he’s still a kid because of his size but if he can get on top of his goal kicking and start kicking more goals, he will be an absolute gem.

But Bailey Banfield was far and away the best looking at peel and thats what really matters
I went to the Peel game and Banfield played a good aggressive game, was much better than Brodie in all aspects

Worner was also very good and continues to improve , now ready to play wing in the Seniors

Wagner is another player finding form and would offer more run and dare than Hughes

Why should you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Banners playing a fwd role where their is repeat entries, fwds being able maintain their field position and chaos ball going in if they get it to ground is ideal for banners to thrive
I feel like a group of us are constantly defending him

The injury to Fyfe possibly comes as a relief for the Match Committee. They no longer have to make a decision whether Fyfe holds his place, is relegated to Super Sub, or heaven forbid,plays at Peel.
Jackson carrying some sort of injury or illness into the game seems a plausible explanation for his lack of impact on the game, especially at a critical period in Q4.
I also noted that Frederick, who normally has a ToG of about 80%, had only 64% on Saturday. Perhaps his ankle is still causing him problems.

I agree, and to me it looks like the problem is between his ears. Josh does an enormous amount of work both on and off the ball. He’s making a lot of good decisions and is now taking strong overhead marks. He’s also now using his size to good effect.

Its easy to forget that he’s still a kid because of his size but if he can get on top of his goal kicking and start kicking more goals, he will be an absolute gem.
It’s important to remember that the younger inexperienced players will be up & down. He appeared to play high up the ground on the weekend & ended up back in the Ruck. Also worth noting that Jye has kicked 21 goals since Tracey come into side, previously had kicked 8. The shot Tracey had on the weekend was from a tough spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes: Round 17 Vs Carlton + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back