Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs Bulldogs + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I commented to my brother that Lobb’s 0.2 from 8 disposals last night was an elite performance for him 😂.

His response was that Lobb will come out and kick 5 goals against us Friday night because that’s the sort of thing Lobb does!! God I hope not!

Would hate for the booing he will cop from us to motivate him. I want him to play like the court jester that he is.

Your brother is the definition of the classic pessimist ; “ Often right but never happy “.

I will not be surprised if Lobb has a mystery ailment and misses this game.

The Lions, Cats and Demons have all dropped games already too.

I think there's a fair chance we win at least 1 of those games.
Hope your right. Guess time will tell. I just don't rate our 2 wins this season at all. But everything will change if we start to play better. That word Hope will come back. Just don't have any at the moment.

I commented to my brother that Lobb’s 0.2 from 8 disposals last night was an elite performance for him 😂.

His response was that Lobb will come out and kick 5 goals against us Friday night because that’s the sort of thing Lobb does!! God I hope not!

Would hate for the booing he will cop from us to motivate him. I want him to play like the court jester that he is.

He's soft, so Pearce will need to go hard at him from the start.

This is a crucial game this week. Dogs are a bit up and down this year but they can turn it on and they are a lot better than anyone else we have faced except Saints.

If we crawl out of the blocks like we have done all this year then we go 2-4 and season almost done. JLo has to let go of the leash.

I would bring in Ras as the sub. Yes he has been tagged out of games in the WAFL but he will not get a tag in the AFL. Give him some fresh air,

This is a crucial game this week. Dogs are a bit up and down this year but they can turn it on and they are a lot better than anyone else we have faced except Saints.

If we crawl out of the blocks like we have done all this year then we go 2-4 and season almost done. JLo has to let go of the leash.

I would bring in Ras as the sub. Yes he has been tagged out of games in the WAFL but he will not get a tag in the AFL. Give him some fresh air,
I'm not understanding this logic here. People saying X young player should be included even they have not necessarily merit it, but to get games into them. Then we now Rass should be included to avoid a WAFL tag lol 😂

The opps are onto it, so they will continue. If he can't overcome then..

We haven't thrown away the season just yet, so this would send a bad message

Last edited:
Do we need to drop O'Meara, he's been s**t house every game. If you ignore the too little too late 2 last minute goals round 1 he has been well below afl quality.
I agree, he has been very dissapointing and is keeping Ras out of the side. We got him for onfield leadership and yet Serong seems to be providing more atm (tbf he is our next captain).

He had, I think, 6 possessions and zero goals. If you're happy with that then I think I know who the dunce is. Try watching the game without your rose coloured glasses on.
DeanS you are a shining light on this thread, it's great to finally see some common sense. Sturt didn't even poll a single brownlow vote which is laughable. I didn't like his leading patterns as well. He needs to learn from Tabs how to stand still or at the very least run away from the ball carrier towards goals. He can learn this stuff at Peel. I don't know what the posters see in him on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Multiple things can be true at once:
  • Sturt hasn't been dealt the kindest hand: was perpetually injured when he would've walked in the 22 when fit, and when he finally got fit in 2022 happened to coincide with when the smalls were good as a unit and he was too small to be a tall and didn't apply enough pressure to be a small. It "feels unfair" for him not to get a proper shot at AFL level.
  • Sturt has a lot to like about his game: smart leads, plays quickly after the mark, clean, etc. He also has stuff not to like: the pressure still isn't quite there and he can get bullied in the contest by bigger defenders imo.
  • The above was on display vs Gold Coast, which was not a good game for him by any stretch of the imagination, but if you're looking for stuff that he offered that Tabs can't it's there. Took 3 marks on the lead, which ranks elite fwiw.
  • The commenters here in general (imo) tend to overrate Sturt, perhaps coz it's easy to feel sympathy for him: they talk like he's prime Jack Gunston. There's a reason he hasn't been selected, and it's not because JL is jealous that Sam Sturt can hit a mean pull shot. He gets lost for large patches in games, and that's at WAFL level as well.
The Amiss-Sturt connection the few times we saw it was nice to see, but I do worry that they're a bit too alike and that we need someone better in the contest up the ground so Amiss thrives as a deep forward. I wanna see Sturt get a go, but I also wanna see Treacy get a go, and if Corbett can get over the yips in front of goal and stops playing like he doesn't believe in his shot I think he can be a player.

I don't care who it is you don't give inexperienced players an opportunity and drop them after ONE ordinary/poor performance unless there are extenuating circumstances like team balance for the next game or a star player returning for injury. Nobody including the coaches, supporters or the player himself of course learns enough from it.
It depends on the situation...

I don't have any issues of talented players having just the one debut game in their 1st season and play the rest of the season in the WAFL.

Some talented teenage players could be ok in the WAFL but could only run out one half or 3 quarters of an AFL game.

With Switta out, I'd be keen to give Sturt a run on the wing in patches, I thought his contested ball work and ability to link up in scoring chains was actually OK, plus surprising speed. We definitely need speed on the wings and flanks at Optus, and I'm not sure who else we could bring in to run that role if they decide Noddy still needs to keep working on his defending efforts and leave him in the WAFL.

Not enough though, Johnson had more impact as a 1st full gamer.
He didn't spend much time in there. When he was, he was first possession often. Hopefully he just needs a bit of time to adjust to his new team. He gives us an extra inside mid option. Always felt we had too few rotation options.

Sturt had as many touches as both Amiss and Treacy in their first games this year combined.

He needs a run at it.
Sturt & Amiss both at 33% efficiency& no goals , Treacy 100% & 1 goal. Would like to see Sturt get a run but also wished Treacy was given the same opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back