Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs Bulldogs + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not a coincidence that when we have Sturt, Amiss, Jackson, Walters playing deep there is suddenly space in the forward 50 for players to lead into. It’s about Synergy & we started to develop some in the 2nd half.
Will be interesting to see if there's actually a signficiant improvement or if gold coast were just that bad.

The Dogs are pretty shitty defensively, so we have a chance.

When there is a lack a of defensive pressure our game looks OK. So expecting a win this week.

(It's when we play a disciplined team defence that we struggle. And then there is no Plan B, so we fall in a heap.)

Are we about to make massive Spud Liam Jones look like a star of the competition again?

Why are we still talking about Sturt? The man was essentially making his debut again for us and he did some good things and also went missing for patches, at least wait for a bigger sample size.

I’m more worried about Bontempelli, who is probably gonna put our midfield to the sword and make us look second rate and I don’t know if we have anyone that can go with him

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about Sturt? The man was essentially making his debut again for us and he did some good things and also went missing for patches, at lest wait for a bigger sample size.

I’m more worried about Bontempelli, who is probably gonna put our midfield to the sword and make us look second rate and I don’t know if we have anyone that can go with him
Yeah. I am terrified of Bont. He will feast on our mids.

Yeah. I am terrified of Bont. He will feast on our mids.
Aish has to play on him in my opinion. I'd make O'Meara sub and bring in Wilson so that Clark and Wagner can split time between wing and defence. I don't Longmuir will do this though as he seems so set in his ways in terms of players changing position bar Aish.

Aish has to play on him in my opinion. I'd make O'Meara sub and bring in Wilson so that Clark and Wagner can split time between wing and defence. I don't Longmuir will do this though as he seems so set in his ways in terms of players changing position bar Aish.

Serong was rated very highly internally and was given some left field run with roles very early. Who can forget him being sent to dangerfield

Would not surprise as part of his learning curve MJ is sent to the bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong was rated very highly internally and was given some left field run with roles very early. Who can forget him being sent to dangerfield

Would not surprise as part of his learning curve MJ is sent to the bont.
Yeah I agree but Longmuir has been so conservative with everything he has done in recent times I can't see it happening.

I knew our starts were bad but apparently we've led at qtr time only 3 times from the last 20 games.
That HAS to be coaching right? If JL could fix that it would be a good bloody start (pardon the pun).

We need a hype starter pregame...

Baseball Hype GIF by Storyful

Why are we still talking about Sturt? The man was essentially making his debut again for us and he did some good things and also went missing for patches, at least wait for a bigger sample size.

would be a good learning experience for MJ to tag/run with him. Same height, both good runners, MJ will learn many things for his future. Plus, no one else has sufficient size with Fyfe out anyway. When MJs resting, put Jackson on Bont.

Same team please, if Switta is injured then bring Brodie into the 22 and make Erasmus sub. With a smaller forwardline we have enough mobility up forward to cover the fwd/mid connection that Switta brings

Sean Darcy needs to physically intimidate English. We control clearances we win.

Yeah you know what I've come around, I've decided I hate fowards who lead at the ball carrier, create space inside 50, can fire bullets and are super quick.

DeanS you were ahead of your time

View attachment 1662539
I may well have over reacted. Football makes me a bit emotional.
But thanks for your support. 😂

We are just different types of people. I listen to and watch a post game press conference to get the coaches perspective and opinion on the match. Justin gives that information in a deliberate, honest, and measured way . He is also firm in his conviction of how he saw the game unfold even if the media try to force him to say what they believe is the real situation. He also manages to do it without all the offended little boy histrionics we had to put up with with Ross. If I want a melodrama I will watch a good movie.
I think you'll find we watch (or read) the press conferences for the same reasons.

JL clearly offers more direct responses in the press conference itself while Ross was more inclined to talk in generalisations and allude to some specifics.
I didn't find Ross' style or responses triggering as some did, but I do find JL's awkwardness a bit off-putting, but content is good, hence why I at least read it.

I think you'll find we watch (or read) the press conferences for the same reasons.

JL clearly offers more direct responses in the press conference itself while Ross was more inclined to talk in generalisations and allude to some specifics.
I didn't find Ross' style or responses triggering as some did, but I do find JL's awkwardness a bit off-putting, but content is good, hence why I at least read it.
I think that's spot on, JL definitely doesnt have the charisma but he does actually provide thoughts and is more upfront - even if it's behind some waffle and "ums". Ross, as hilarious as those pressers could be, gave absolutely nothing haha

Last edited:
Banners with 7 contested possessions. Equal most with Freddy for a forward.

Sick of seeing the ball waltz out this year, he needs to stay in.

Yes he can turn it over but he is actually quite clean crumbing and he actually hits the scoreboard.

Also brings solid pressure.
0 tackles in 2 weeks, 3 pressure act in those same 2 weeks. Josh Treacy exceeded both those defensive stats in his single game. Alex Sexton played forward for GC, is seen as lacking in his pressure and out tackled Bailey despite being on the ground for less than half the time he was. You and I had as many tackles in the last fortnight as Banfield did. Despite being on a couch or in a pub, we had the same impact as he did on keeping the ball in our forwardline.

There's reasons to like Banfield, I get why people do, but the idea he is a good defensive forward is the biggest myth that exists. By no metric at all is he a good pressure forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back