Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs Bulldogs + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie comes in for Switta I think, Erasmus to sub?

Would like NOD to come in and replace Hughes when ready, maybe not this week.

Also wouldn't mind Treacy for Banners, I don't think we would lose much in terms of fwd pressure with the added benefit of not having 0 IQ

Literally basically no one was like that. Most acknowledge he was terrible but should have been given at least another game to build.

Let’s also not compare this Sturt game to Treacy's game. Treacy was actually terrible
Wasn’t comparing their game just stating that ppl are prepared to give a chance to most other than Tracy. I didn’t think Sturt was terrible tonight

Last edited:
Banfield was better than Sturt but neither should be dropped.

That's the first time our forward line has looked cohesive in a while. Do not touch.

Brodie In, Switta out, raffle the sub.
Marginal call on Banfield vs Sturt with Banners missing the chance on the goaline and dropping that mark in the last 4 minutes. Sturt also felt like his possessions were more damaging but that might be my bias, Banfields possessions are either kick at goal, long kick up the line or kick backwards.

Wasn’t comparing their game just stating that ppl are prepared to give a chance to most other than Tracy. I didn’t think Sturt was terrible tonight & I thought Treacy showed improvement in his running patterns. Just didn’t take a couple of marks he should have.
Yeah but I think you're way off, a lot of people want Treacy in and very few were calling for him to be dropped after round 1. Treacy is far from a scapegoat on here

Marginal call on Banfield vs Sturt with Banners missing the chance on the goaline and dropping that mark in the last 4 minutes. Sturt also felt like his possessions were more damaging but that might be my bias, Banfields possessions are either kick at goal, long kick up the line or kick backwards.

For context, I thought neither were fantastic by any stretch, just hoping the same standards are applied to Sturt as they are Banfield.

Both were very average at times but also contributed to a forwardline that kicked 15 goals so earned another shot.

For context, I thought neither were fantastic by any stretch, just hoping the same standards are applied to Sturt as they are Banfield.

Both were very average at times but also contributed to a forwardline that kicked 15 goals so earned another shot.

The difference is Sturt has afl level skills and athleticism, and Banners is a trier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sturt had too good kicks into the forward 50. 2 shots on goal, 1 goal to walters and 1 behind to amiss

Out: playing on shitty grounds like down at the local park

In: optus

Norwood Oval should only really be hosting state level/second tier teams, not us or Gold Coast..

Edit:

It was great today, was initially dissapointed we weren't playing at Adelaide Oval but today was right up there in terms of an AFL live experience. Met some warm and friendly Freo supporters (we definitely had the better support).

The size and atmosphere of the oval was a unique experience - everything was visible you may as well have been on the ground. Loved everything about it. Pretty knackered at the moment, look forward to watching the game on Kayo tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'd go with an unchanged team other than Switta who will be an out (played a shocker last week anyway and did nothing today before being subbed out). Freddy would want to do something next week. Our worst today after Switta. If you're going to do backflips onfield, you've got to back it up with something.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norwood Oval should only really be hosting state level/second tier teams, not us or Gold Coast..

Edit:

It was great today, was initially dissapointed we weren't playing at Adelaide Oval but today was right up there in terms of an AFL live experience. Met some warm and friendly Freo supporters (we definitely had the better support).

The size and atmosphere of the oval was a unique experience - everything was visible you may as well have been on the ground. Loved everything about it. Pretty knackered at the moment, look forward to watching the game on Kayo tomorrow.
Did it have a freo oval type vibe

Brodie made a huge difference after the came on. That hard ball get and handball while tackled to set up Brayshaw 3rd qtr goal was a turning point. Banfield last goal prob saves him but that turnover on the wing that lead directly to their last goal was an unforgivable effort. Thought that the team looked more potent with Walker doing his thing. Dunno how far away Fyfe is but Erasmus for Hughes seems a no brainer.

They were two bad mistakes by Banfield. All he had to do was soccer the ball and that dropped mark - take the ball out in front. Aside from those two terrible marks I thought Banfield actually went ok. Lots of nice little handballs like the one to Brayshaw. Sturt and Wagner both had some average moments. Sturt’s kick i50 which dribbled along the ground and led to a fast rebound from defensive 50 from GC. Also didn’t get involved enough. Sturt had a bad fumble in the backline that led to a GC goal. Wagner at the back of pack fell over and let GC get an easy goal out the back. He got out marked more than I can remember.

I reckon Banfield stays. I’d consider moving Sturt to sub. I’ll have a look at Peel to tomorrow. Wagner gets another game.

Regular whipping boy since the finals and someone I’ve been hard on Walker played well and defended well.

Hughes was average.

They were two bad mistakes by Banfield. All he had to do was soccer the ball and that dropped mark - take the ball out in front. Aside from those two terrible marks I thought Banfield actually went ok. Lots of nice little handballs like the one to Brayshaw. Sturt and Wagner both had some average moments. Sturt’s kick i50 which dribbled along the ground and led to a fast rebound from defensive 50 from GC. Also didn’t get involved enough. Sturt had a bad fumble in the backline that led to a GC goal. Wagner at the back of pack fell over and let GC get an easy goal out the back. He got out marked more than I can remember.

I reckon Banfield stays. I’d consider moving Sturt to sub. I’ll have a look at Peel to tomorrow. Wagner gets another game.

Regular whipping boy since the finals and someone I’ve been hard on Walker played well and defended well.
I'd be so angry if Sturt doesnt get another full game given Switta is injured. I dont think that performance is keeping Sturt in the team long term but should give him a month like Henry got.

If we are all honest, Wagner looked completely out of his depth but again, dont like 1 game trials so gets another go

Your bias. 😜

Banners had few score involvements.. Quick handball to brayshaw who kicked the goal. Good passage of play that ended up with Schulz miss on goal. Missed goal on the line..

I'd be so angry if Sturt doesnt get another full game given Switta is injured. I dont think that performance is keeping Sturt in the team long term but should give him a month like Henry got.

Not many forwards waiting in the wings, I think Sturt stays by virtue of that, even though I think he played ok.

Forward lines are about chemistry as much as anything else and we kicked 100 points tonight. We shouldn’t upset whatever worked

Just to watch the meltdowns on BF..... I really hope Ras, Treacy & Worner get 30 possies & 4 goals a piece. Would make for some interesting commentary on this board.

Does JOM have the tank to play on the wing? Doesn’t seem to be cutting it in the midfield.

Wilson in Walker out.
Really ??? What game were you watching. We were at Norwood. Walker creates chaos with his run. Wilson is too slow and predictable. Agree that occasionally Walker gets caught and it looks ugly but nothing ventured nothing gained. Walker is a must in this side if you wish to have fast ball movement. Go back and watch the replay of his delivery and how it opens up the game/scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back