Preview Changes v Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleary, Gallagher, Clarke to name three. You just cannot keep rewarding poor form. VFL have won nine straight. We have not debuted anyone from the 2022 draft this year. The only club in the competition.
Not true swan port freo also haven’t debuted young draftees. Freo played Wagner/ port played williams who they re drafted

Reality is I don't have any issues with the ins.

We have rewarded poor performance and mediocrity all year and set up to struggle running from the backline so why should this week be any different.

Strange feeling in over 50 years never been less excited in having a chance to watch us in the finals than I am this year

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reality is I don't have any issues with the ins.

We have rewarded poor performance and mediocrity all year and set up to struggle running from the backline so why should this week be any different.

Strange feeling in over 50 years never been less excited in having a chance to watch us in the finals than I am this year
Same.

Vandermeer still in.. Absolutely incredible. Keath aswell..

I would've brought in Garcia. Sure he makes mistakes, atleast he plays like he actually cares.

Clarke also just to add a bit of excitement to the team.

With Baz and Macrae out I really hope we play West in the middle. Although I'm certain he's set for a defensive role on Stewart.

Daniel will play midfield and probably line up on Dangerfield and get exploited in clearances.

Speaking of Dangerfield, he looks so unfit and struggles to get from contest to contest, spends a ridiculous amount of time on the bench. There's nothing surer than him having 30+ and kicking 2-3 goals this weekend.

We will be up early, Chris Scott will make some moves. We won't cope and end up losing. Would be a fitting end for Bevo really. Getting embarrassed game day one more time from his nemesis.

It's the cotton on cup. Win this and we will bag ourselves a better pick when we inevitably trade Bailey Smith to the Cats. Go Dogs.

Little inside goss. McLean refused to be 2nd emergency (not playing in VFL or AFL) last week as he told Bevo that he needs to show good form in the VFL for other clubs. Bevo officially told him he won’t be there next year (only player informed to date). I hope he finished his career on a high for us, two knees just slowed him down too much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Little inside goss. McLean refused to be 2nd emergency (not playing in VFL or AFL) last week as he told Bevo that he needs to show good form in the VFL for other clubs. Bevo officially told him he won’t be there next year (only player informed to date). I hope he finished his career on a high for us, two knees just slowed him down too much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
So, if you're correct, could we infer that the reason he is selected this week is like a 'golden hand shake' where he is being thanked for his services and where he can show that he can still play AFL standard football? On the other hand, if he is actually being selected based on excellent VFL form, why wasn't this done some time ago when other players in the team were clearly in poor form? Both rhetorical questions I might add.

Really strange Cleary can't get a game
And all those that say we should show more respect to the coach. That doesn't even explain why .
And another week of Keith being confident by kicking dangerous short turn over kicks sideways does my head in.
Matildas coach was like fresh air.
Polar opposites

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, if you're correct, could we infer that the reason he is selected this week is like a 'golden hand shake' where he is being thanked for his services and where he can show that he can still play AFL standard football? On the other hand, if he is actually being selected based on excellent VFL form, why wasn't this done some time ago when other players in the team were clearly in poor form? Both rhetorical questions I might add.
I'm presuming that until last week, the idea that Smith (being younger) might be deserving of a midfield spot was still being entertained.

Vandermeer still in.. Absolutely incredible. Keath aswell..

I would've brought in Garcia. Sure he makes mistakes, atleast he plays like he actually cares.

Clarke also just to add a bit of excitement to the team.

With Baz and Macrae out I really hope we play West in the middle. Although I'm certain he's set for a defensive role on Stewart.

Daniel will play midfield and probably line up on Dangerfield and get exploited in clearances.

Speaking of Dangerfield, he looks so unfit and struggles to get from contest to contest, spends a ridiculous amount of time on the bench. There's nothing surer than him having 30+ and kicking 2-3 goals this weekend.

We will be up early, Chris Scott will make some moves. We won't cope and end up losing. Would be a fitting end for Bevo really. Getting embarrassed game day one more time from his nemesis.

If it's Bevo's last match, he's simply playing his favorites.

If it's not, he ain't changing.

Replace Keath for Cleary and I like that back 6. That bench is shocking, I know every team's bottom 6 looks bad when you are losing but my word.

I can't confirm that, its likely he was picked this week due to the outs.
Coming to the end of the season he couldn't afford to sit out a week its vital for all uncontracted players to be playing and Bevo accommodated him in the request to not be 2nd emergency, yet let him know he wasn't going to be there next year, that I can vouch for.
But reading between the lines I think it may have been a bit of both, a few out and Bevo's way. Bevo is still hugely popular with the players.

Last edited:
Just posted this in the media thread, probably relevant here too... unless today is Saturday?? 🤔
"Shop early and avoid the rush".

LXvqcrwe.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back