Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't matter, it's all irrelevant.

1) Get a proper coach who coaches for the now rather than continually setting up the list to arrive 3 years down the track, then move Scott sideways or out the door.

2) Dismantle the NMFC comfort zone that currently exists. Place the untouchables to one side and then place every other player on the trade table.

3) Prioritise ready to go mature AFL players. Get them in to the place. Particularly go hard for a couple of "edgy" types. Promote blokes with heart. Dismantle the current soft **** environment that pervades Arden Street.

...and no changes v Freo?

It doesn't matter, it's all irrelevant.

1) Get a proper coach who coaches for the now rather than continually setting up the list to arrive 3 years down the track, then move Scott sideways or out the door.

2) Dismantle the NMFC comfort zone that currently exists. Place the untouchables to one side and then place every other player on the trade table.

3) Prioritise ready to go mature AFL players. Get them in to the place. Particularly go hard for a couple of "edgy" types. Promote blokes with heart. Dismantle the current soft **** environment that pervades Arden Street.

I think if we did #1, then #2 would be unnecessary and #3 would take care of itself

Can someone please explain to me why no contested ball winners came in for Ziebell? I don't understand how a professional coach and match committee could not replace him with another clearance type player? They wanted to bring in Daw? WHAT THE f*** IS GOING ON DOWN THERE.

Out: Scott

In: Anyone

Egga's response above is perfect. We should hire Roo's to sit with the club for 3 weeks and write us a report on how ghey Scott has made us. Brayshaw doesn't like criticism, so any review will be by an internal yes man.

Can someone please explain to me why no contested ball winners came in for Ziebell? I don't understand how a professional coach and match committee could not replace him with another clearance type player? They wanted to bring in Daw? WHAT THE f*** IS GOING ON DOWN THERE.

It would be easier for me to calculate pi to 4,000 decimal places.

We have the more talented 22 overall right now. If Scott can pull his head out of his arse for one week, then we're a chance. We've just got to match their numbers around the contest. They are very good at working it out and finding loose men around the stoppage once they've won the ball, we can't afford them this option.

In: Jacobs, Anthony, Kennedy

Out: MacMillan, Sierakowski, McMahon

It is not a players issue, so any amount of changes won't make any difference.

I have supported Scott, albeit with a cautious "lets wait and see" attitude rather than "he is so much better than Laidley" attitude like most on here.

After another rubbish match-day coaching display, plus continually carrying soft and/or out of form players, I think he is just about done for mine. That coaching extension that many of us (including me) said was ridiculously unnecessary is in hindsight, exactly that.

So as long as we have this strategically challenged and weak coach in charge of this very talented group, combined with some poor on field leaders, I don't expect to see much difference in terms regardless of who from the VFL that we bring in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not a players issue, so any amount of changes won't make any difference.

I have supported Scott, albeit with a cautious "lets wait and see" attitude rather than "he is so much better than Laidley" attitude like most on here.

After another rubbish match-day coaching display, plus continually carrying soft and/or out of form players, I think he is just about done for mine. That coaching extension that many of us (including me) said was ridiculously unnecessary is in hindsight, exactly that.

So as long as we have this strategically challenged and weak coach in charge of this very talented group, combined with some poor on field leaders, I don't expect to see much difference in terms regardless of who from the VFL that we bring in.
I'm with ya here saintly. The only thing I question is just how talented we actually are. We have between 5 and 10 really sub standard afl level players in the 22 at the moment. We were shown up by GC not just for their intensity but mainly for our lack of genuine footballers. One grab players can't be that hard to find and it stands out like dogs balls when you don't have the basic skill set to compete at this level. I question whether this dream list we've supposedly got actually exists. We are flat track bully's. A heap of blokes with average skill sets made to look good by a few.

Frivolities aside I couldn't give a ****. Season's shot. We might get a couple of flattering wins against bottom sides - if we're lucky.

And to think the one time we're headed straight to a top 10 pick and it's already allocated to a player.

I'm with ya here saintly. The only thing I question is just how talented we actually are. We have between 5 and 10 really sub standard afl level players in the 22 at the moment. We were shown up by GC not just for their intensity but mainly for our lack of genuine footballers. One grab players can't be that hard to find and it stands out like dogs balls when you don't have the basic skill set to compete at this level. I question whether this dream list we've supposedly got actually exists. We are flat track bully's. A heap of blokes with average skill sets made to look good by a few.

LB2Snake, you are probably right that "very talented" as I posted may have overstated the reality as well.

All the points you make are really good ones concerning the group, especially how our bottom 6 is probably the equal worst in the AFL. The one grab and "clean" players also does really show up when you watch the best teams go to work - we simply don't have enough of them so yep, that does come down to skill execution hence "talent".

I still stand by post that Scott is not getting near the best out of the players or any ability to influence the game on match day (also because he doesn't have the balls to select and drop players. Talks tough, decision making softer than warm butter) but the issue is of course larger than that in itself.

No, Im not kidding, the guy has ability, hardness and speed to burn which we could definately use right now....

Seemed pretty devoid of these things when he was playing the queanbean side the other day.

What recent performances are you basing it on?

Hine is one of very few on the list that can stick a tackle (I'll give it till the end of the year before that is coached out of him).

Very true. Hine does grip well and attacks the hips, so I look forward to see his one-armed fleeting, "just miss" half-arsed efforts like most of our squad dishes up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back