Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Very true. Hine does grip well and attacks the hips, so I look forward to see his one-armed fleeting, "just miss" half-arsed efforts like most of our squad dishes up.

Our inability to tackle is probably what grinds my gears the most. Incredibly infuriating.

Our inability to tackle is probably what grinds my gears the most. Incredibly infuriating.

Same here Joshen. The majority of our players have terrible technique/application, let alone someone like Adams who used to tackle ok, now almost can't because his shoulders are f'd.

Sunday @ 1.20pm perth time.. does that mean we are on free to air? Goddamit that means it will be a lot harder to avoid watching this game now.

I want to see Harper in at least the kid is good for 7 or 8 tackles. I would take those tackles over 12 meaningless possessions which is the kind of output our bottom 6 are currently providing.

Just watching Fox and they are showing a package of our losses. No wonder we are all gutted. This season has been heart breaking.
And some of us in Perth are going to front up to watch us get reamed by Freo.
Happy days.

Lucky its 2 weeks away...

Just watching Fox and they are showing a package of our losses. No wonder we are all gutted. This season has been heart breaking.
And some of us in Perth are going to front up to watch us get reamed by Freo.
Happy days.

Plenty of us had to go through it against WCE and Syd in Hobart ScottyW in our few opportunities to watch live.

You will be lucky, we won't get near them so just relax and enjoy a beer knowing what is going to happen :thumbsu:

Out: One way running
In: Gut busting defensive efforts, try and match Freo at their own game

Out: Sierakowski, Adams, Bastinac (omitted - time to make a statement about not getting a free ride), McMahon, Swallow (injured)

You'd have to be a masochist to sit through the game against Freo. BS couldn't even match up a loose man against Guy McKenna ffs. Ross Lyon will eat Scott's soul.

Ross Lyon against Brad Scott
2012: Ross Lyon 132 d Brad Scott 79
2011: Ross Lyon 79 d Brad Scott 70
2011: Ross Lyon 135 d Brad Scott 70
2010: Ross Lyon 115 d Brad Scott 63
2010: Ross Lyon 143 d Brad Scott 39

I think Fremantle 2013 is at least equal to St Kilda 2010 and better than St Kilda 2011/Fremantle 2012, and we have stagnated. First time playing Fremantle under Lyon over in WA as well.

We have been competitive all year, but this could get ugly against an insanely well drilled side.

A game vs Ross Lyon team is like playing in the wet, no matter how hot/dry it is. If we don't have the guys prepared to work hard we are done before the fist ball is bounced.

Out: Adams, Wright, Siera, Gibson, Firrito, Grima, MacMillan
In: Greenwood, Jacobs, Gysberts, McKenzie, Kennedy, Tarrant, Wood/Garner

FF: Thomas Tarrant Harvey
HF: Black Petrie Wood/Garner
C: Wells Greenwood Jacobs
HB: Mullett Hansen Kennedy
FB: McMahon Thompson Hine
R: Goldstein Cunnington Swallow
I: Bastinac (thin ice) Gysberts McKenzie
S: Atley (very thin ice)

If Kennedy is not right to go then play Cam Delaney.

A game vs Ross Lyon team is like playing in the wet, no matter how hot/dry it is. If we don't have the guys prepared to work hard we are done before the fist ball is bounced.

Out: Adams, Wright, Siera, Gibson, Firrito, Grima, MacMillan
In: Greenwood, Jacobs, Gysberts, McKenzie, Kennedy, Tarrant, Wood/Garner

FF: Thomas Tarrant Harvey
HF: Black Petrie Wood/Garner
C: Wells Greenwood Jacobs
HB: Mullett Hansen Kennedy
FB: McMahon Thompson Hine
R: Goldstein Cunnington Swallow
I: Bastinac (thin ice) Gysberts McKenzie
S: Atley (very thin ice)

If Kennedy is not right to go then play Cam Delaney.

Grima and Gibson were our 2nd and 3rd best players last night.

McKenzie is not ready, especially for Freo at Subi. He'll be out of puff at qtr time.

Grima and Gibson were our 2nd and 3rd best players last night.

McKenzie is not ready, especially for Freo at Subi. He'll be out of puff at qtr time.

Grima has been poor, he spoils back into the corridor far too often, he is slow with his disposing of the ball, he provides little to no meaningful run out of the backline, he used to be as good as Thompson and if the ball hits the ground he bends over like an 80 year old man to pick the ball up and is only 2cm taller than Pendlebury.

I just have no confidence when he is anywhere near the ball and that isn't a great thing given we rely on rebounding to do most of our scoring.

Gibson tries and he would make for a good depth player but he isn't best 22 material. It is long past time we play him as one, Anthony is in the same boat.

McKenzie is on the bench, he will at best play 60-70% game time if that, if he is cooked early he is cooked, can sub Atley on earlier.

If we are going to constantly lose I rather develop players than gift games to guys who wont get the job done when the going gets tough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

original_sweeping_broom.jpg

IN: Tarrant, Greenwood, McKenzie, Kennedy, Jacobs
OUT: Adams, Wright, Sierakowski, Firrito, McMahon

McMahon and Firrito have been woeful this season. Time to phase them out of the best team.

I'm afraid that Patch looks finished as a footballer. Shame.

Wright and Sierakowski are just useless. Screw off.

B: Hine - Thompson - Kennedy
HB: Mullett - Grima - Hansen
C: Atley - Cunnington - Bastinac
HF: Tarrant - Black - Wells
F: Harvey - Petrie - Thomas
R: Goldstein - Swallow - Greenwood
Int: Jacobs, McKenzie, Gibson
S: McMillan

Firrito and Macmillan, only 1 tackle to each of them last night.

Someone please enlighten me, how on earth both of them can be in the side next week. It makes no sense to me, do they give the best BJ's of the group? Surely

Firrito and Macmillan, only 1 tackle to each of them last night.

Someone please enlighten me, how on earth both of them can be in the side next week. It makes no sense to me, do they give the best BJ's of the group? Surely

Thinking the same thing, spud was like a paper bag in the wet, and Macmillan did not run all night.

OUT: Adams, Sierakowski, Firrito, McMahon
IN: Gysbert, Jacob, Daw, Greenwood/Anthony
I hope Hunter doesn't get sited for the Ablett love tap. Time to see what the guys we have brought to the club can do. We are playing for 2014 now. Adams and Firrito unfortunately are no longer part of the long term picture and we need to get games into the guys that will be part of the future.
What will happen OUT: Hine IN: Daw

Out: whoever was told to get close to McKenzie and didn't get around to it. I'm all for education, but there have to be some consequences if players can't carry out instructions.

Essendon beat Freo over there. North almost got West Coast there and can beat Freo. But they have to work bloody hard all night. The week off should help Swallow, and him in good shape would help a lot.

We don't stand a chance! They are manic defensively! Our weak and pitiful game plan will get torn to shreds! Ziebel is now our most important player, and thanks to the inept MRP he will be watching on! Not sure who to bring in? It wont matter anyhow.

Yep your are insane. Speight is definitely not hard at it and has a very long way to go before he could be considered an afl player.will be delisted. Back to the 'lachy stole my lunch money so now I hate him' dribble

Genius is often confused with insanity my friend;)

I wish that were the reason, lol:rolleyes:

Out: Sierakowski, Adams, Wright and either McMahon or Firrito.
In: Greenwood, Gysberts, Wood and Kennedy.

I don't see what Siera brings to the table to be honest, he's not particularly damaging, not particularly defensive, doesn't get the pill and isn't overly fast.

Greenwood offers the same if not better outside run, and is unquestionably tougher and more defensive. He has to be given a crack.

Adams has been hopelessly out of form since round one yet has played every game? It boggles the mind. Give him an extended run in the magoos to get back to his best and bring in either Gysberts to help cover the his and ziebell's absence around the stoppages.

I've been a big fan of Sammy Wright, but similarly to Adams, he's also hopelessly out of form. Is he carrying an injury? being played out of position? Or just in poor form? Again like Patch he needs a serious run in the 2s to get back into some form. Bring in Wood on a wing/HFF and see what he can do. (If he isn't still injured).

Lastly either McMahon or Firrto has to go. I think McMahon is a much better player when fit and doesn't have the same brain fades as old Spud. If he was in form I'd say Firrito to be omitted. Reward the in form VFL players and give AK a crack.

In saying this it's 4 changes and I don't think that's ever happened before under
Bon? It will probably just be the standard out: Siera in: Anthony.

Edit: Also drop McMillan, put Mckenzie on the back flank and move Ats to the centre please.

Jesus I'm getting carried away, there is so much I'm unhappy with in the current side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back