Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo will flog us. We may get the first couple of goals though.

Afterwards cue North supporters whining about Ross Lyon gameplan.

"I wouldn't pay to watch that / boring" etc. Despite them winning by 50+ points.

It's the same everytime.

Predict a lot of people will again prefer being soft unaccountable pretenders over trying to play footy and instill a culture that wins flags.

They won't flog us if we go in with the best ready to go 22 and the best game plan to suit the strengths of that 22.

They won't flog us if we treat the match seriously rather than continuing to engage in fanciful bullshit.

They won't flog us if we go in with the best ready to go 22 and the best game plan to suit the strengths of that 22.

They won't flog us if we treat the match seriously rather than continuing to engage in fanciful bullshit.

Your suggestions are about as likely to happen as me starting up the next Microsoft.

I'll repeat the mantra - selections won't matter.

We could throw Gary Ablett Jr and Adam Goodes into this side and still come up short against quality opposition.

4 quarters of effort to run, defend, contest and present isn't just about talent. We don't enforce any standards in these areas (or if we do we fail at it) and we do nothing to introduce enough edginess to players' psyches to make them perform at their best.

Brad has tried to reinvent basic human psychology with his 100% carrot and 0% stick approach. It doesn't work and no selections are ever going to fix it.

I'll say it again - goose is cooked.

we should professionally tank by trying wood Delaney jnr garner bmac
not that we need to but possibly we will start winning now it doesn't matter
we want to do a viney in that if the teams below us in the draft don't select Luke McDonald
and why would they
we pick him up in the 2nd round
and the 1st round we get a wines or vlastuin type walk in start

as for this year we are softish tho we cant just ignore we do play bloody good footy on occasion
get harper back too
and Im happy to see if daw can actually play footy

and maybe if we can remember that it was very wet and while it showed the team is somewhat gutless it doesn't mean they cant actually play footy
but for the record I think McMahon spud adams and wright probly jmac are part of the problem and just will not be able to take us to the next level
in Anthony Harper

Changes won't matter (not that BS will make any. He has to make sure he keeps gifting games to his best mates).

There will be an email sent to members from a player (obviously which they didn't write) saying how they wish out game was this week and they didn't have to wait until after the bye to play it.

Then BS will make one change (if that)

Then we will start incredibly, everyone will think wow maybe we are a top 4 side, and maybe this week we have fixed those problems that BS keeps saying are easy to fix.

Then ross lyon will change up the game play to make us look like melbourne, BS won't know what to do, the players won't know what to do.

Our only hope of not losing by massive margin is if we can get off to a REALLY impressive start. But all that will do is probably set a record for the biggest comeback in AFL history.

Seriously id play bloody eric wallace over someone who doesnt want to work. Gaurantee that the big E is trying his arse of to improve. A select few players should take a leaf out of his book

Yeah, I'd love to play. I was a nuggetty back pocket in my day, would scrag them like it was nobody's business, make them earn every kick (and hate it each time they got one). "Rebounding" and/or attacking was for midfielders in my day, not defenders. I wish it was still the case.

If we are going to constantly lose I rather develop players than gift games to guys who wont get the job done when the going gets tough.

Yep that's it in a nutshell. I did the ladder predictor thingy earlier today IF we assume that we will beat GWS and Melb then 6 wins for the year and finish around 14th-15th, so developing players looks like the smartest way to use the games we have left for this year. As far as changes against Freo bring in Daw and 3 VFL players showing the most promise and drop JMac, McMahon, McMillan and Sira (TBH if he is fit bring in Tarrant for Drew, I would like to see how Black, Daw and Tarrant would go in the forward line)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that's it in a nutshell. I did the ladder predictor thingy earlier today IF we assume that we will beat GWS and Melb then 6 wins for the year and finish around 14th-15th, so developing players looks like the smartest way to use the games we have left for this year. As far as changes against Freo bring in Daw and 3 VFL players showing the most promise and drop JMac, McMahon, McMillan and Sira (TBH if he is fit bring in Tarrant for Drew, I would like to see how Black, Daw and Tarrant would go in the forward line)

I think we need to make it plainly obvious to the players why they are being dropped and tell those coming in why the guys are being dropped and what we want to see from them if they want to keep a spot in the side because we expect the core players being dropped to correct their deficiencies quick smart.

You just want them to go in hard like each contest they are playing for their careers because players need to know what is on the line, you do not have an eternity to stake your claim and if you on the list season after season without improving or showing that hunger then the probability of you playing football declines rapidly.

We don't expect those coming in to be perfect, but we want to see that ferocity that just does not exist, that defensive mindset. We want to see EFFECTIVE tackles and players win the one-on-one 50/50 contests.

Most of our issues are midfield and flanker related, some core players need to extract the digit but we need to stop allowing the opposition to get so much of the ball and have inside 50s with no pressure on them. Our defensive effort needs to be a lot better all over the park.

The message should go to Jacobs, Jizz and Greenwood that the goal for this week is 10 tackles from each of them and we don't mean arms meekly flailing in the air, we want to see driving tackles, want t see 10 bumbs from each of them, when someone else is going for a 50/50 contest don't pile on, let him win that contest but you take your man out of the contest, bump him fairly, bump on the side but we want to see players taken off their feet when they come within 5m of another contest.

We need to start showing as a midfield group that nobody is going to get cheap possessions against us, nobody.

I won't be watching the Freo game. Stuff that, it's going to be embarrassing. Might head off to the Yarra Valley and get smashed sampling wines.

I went through the torture of watching the Second Quarter again, just to try to get a better handle on how and why it all unravelled.

After viewing the footage, I recommend the following...

tumblr_m7cuct0kKc1qbjumwo1_500.jpg

Drop every last motherf***ing one of them.

You know, its ironic that such a hard player in his day would turn out to be such a soft, politically correct, sports-science based, spin-doctor of a coach with no moves or plan B:(

Afterwards cue North supporters whining about Ross Lyon gameplan.

"I wouldn't pay to watch that / boring" etc. Despite them winning by 50+ points.

It's the same everytime.

Predict a lot of people will again prefer being soft unaccountable pretenders over trying to play footy and instill a culture that wins flags.

I am actually torn on this. I want to see us win, but I get far more enjoyment out of watching us play under Scott than I ever did under Laidley. At least I know I will see some exciting footy every week. It's a matter of balance...

I am actually torn on this. I want to see us win, but I get far more enjoyment out of watching us play under Scott than I ever did under Laidley. At least I know I will see some exciting footy every week. It's a matter of balance...

You're being harsh on some of Dean's era, plenty flogged plenty of sides in 2004, 2007 and 2008. But I get your point.

Agree with the notion of balance but the concern is surely by now we'd see some semblance of a balanced approach? The side is pretty much as they were in the NAB cup - unaccountable and frontrunning. It can be exhilirating at times but it's not going to win any finals.

You know, its ironic that such a hard player in his day would turn out to be such a soft, politically correct, sports-science based, spin-doctor of a coach with no moves or plan B:(

Unfortunately for once you're right.

You forgot to slap Lachie to wrap up the post though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back