Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

And anyone who starts up about free agency and getting some big name for next year to fix this are in la-la land.

The issue is not a playing list one at least not in that sense.

Didn't you get stuck into me for having a crack at Scott?

Ablett, has he ever not got 3 votes against us?
Why was Greenwood kept on the list?, why did we think we had anyone in the starting team to stop him?
We are so dumb, Brad Scott's a goose, trouble is, hes the biggest personality we have at the club
Any news on why Swallow was so quiet?

Out: Sierrakowski, Adams, Hansen, McMahon (inj), Bastinac
In: Jacobs, Kennedy, Greenwood, L.Delaney, Speight (elevated Rookie)

You could actually make a case that he was one of the few who handled the ball ok in the conditions. But he's struggled all year and I reckon could do with a run in the VFL to get some confidence back.

Sam tries his guts out but he is slow and his disposal efficiency drops away badly in congestion because of this.

He is currently a shell of the player that he promised to be in 2010.

Out: Sierrakowski, Adams, Hansen, McMahon (inj), Bastinac
In: Jacobs, Kennedy, Greenwood, L.Delaney, Speight (elevated Rookie)
Speight...you've got to be kidding right? A few good things in 1 game of VFL football do not make up for the last few years.

Speight...you've got to be kidding right? A few good things in 1 game of VFL football do not make up for the last few years.

No, Im not kidding, the guy has ability, hardness and speed to burn which we could definately use right now....

OUT:Siera, Adams, McMahon, MacMillan
IN: Greenwood, Gysberts, Wood, Kennedy

Bastihack can be sub.

No, Im not kidding, the guy has ability, hardness and speed to burn which we could definately use right now....

Yep your are insane. Speight is definitely not hard at it and has a very long way to go before he could be considered an afl player.will be delisted. Back to the 'lachy stole my lunch money so now I hate him' dribble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT:Siera, Adams, McMahon, MacMillan
IN: Greenwood, Gysberts, Wood, Kennedy

Bastihack can be sub.

Why?

What will this achieve?

Will it make us a better team and improve our chances of winning?

The problems are much greater than the weekly ins and outs.

You could actually make a case that he was one of the few who handled the ball ok in the conditions. But he's struggled all year and I reckon could do with a run in the VFL to get some confidence back.

I wouldn't drop him, one of our better players from last night, you could argue he shouldn't of got a game to begin with.

Why?

What will this achieve?

I'm certainly not confident that all the ins will play substantially better than the outs, but a couple might. I do, however, believe a number of players are playing below what they're capable of and it is important for them to know that club will not stand for this rot. A strong message is needed that might force these blokes, and some others, to take a good hard look at themselves.

I'm certainly not confident that all the ins will play substantially better than the outs, but a couple might. I do, however, believe a number of players are playing below what they're capable of and it is important for them to know that club will not stand for this rot. A strong message is needed that might force these blokes, and some others, to take a good hard look at themselves.

It's just an opiate to ease the pain for another week mate.

It's not solving the real problems.

Why?

What will this achieve?

I think the weekly ins and outs over the last two years has partly developed this soft culture. Too many players have been given a free ride in this senior team to the point where they know they don't have to be in form to stay In the side. Over the last three years we have had more form VFL players than any other team in the comp yet we go in with the same group week in week out. Guys like McMillan, Wright, Atley, Basti, spud, McMahon have n er had to fight for their spots, and you can see this with what they serve up on game day.

I think the weekly ins and outs over the last two years has partly developed this soft culture. Too many players have been given a free ride in this senior team to the point where they know they don't have to be in form to stay In the side. Over the last three years we have had more form VFL players than any other team in the comp yet we go in with the same group week in week out. Guys like McMillan, Wright, Atley, Basti, spud, McMahon have n er had to fight for their spots, and you can see this with what they serve up on game day.

Maybe, but it's not going to fix anything with the way this list has been placed.

There just aren't the blokes who are ready to step up in the seconds. They're not there.

It will become a pointless revolving door farce.

The list development has been shambolic. We have gone far too deep and long on youth (as I pointed out a couple of years ago) and now we have reached the tipping point.

We have become Richmond, trapped in the eternal loop of mediocrity. I hope those in charge of the club are proud of themselves. This could take years to correct. I'm not kidding.

You may well be right about that. But what is occurring right now is not acceptable and the club can't sit on its hands. We need to try something to improve our on-field performance. We both know the coach is not about to get sacked, so he has to improve the way he delivers the message, the players need to understand that they have to perform if they want to retain a position in the side and I believe we need to find 22 who are willing and able to execute the game plan.

You may well be right about that. But what is occurring right now is not acceptable and the club can't sit on its hands. We need to try something to improve our on-field performance.

Of course it's not acceptable, but firing a pea shooter at an elephant isn't going to fix anything.

There are deep fundamentals flaws at North Melbourne.

We both know the coach is not about to get sacked, ...

Can we afford NOT to make changes?

The rebuilding of this club is in serious danger of losing its momentum if we continue along the current path.

......so he has to improve the way he delivers the message, the players need to understand that they have to perform if they want to retain a position in the side and.......

After 4 freakin' years?!

.....I believe we need to find 22 who are willing and able to execute the game plan.

The game plan IS the problem. Along with the team structure and list structure.

That may be true but what are you suggesting? Make no changes? Isn't this the 'changes vs freo' thread.

Players who perform poorly need a reality check which involves running around in the vfl.

Of course it's not acceptable, but firing a pea shooter at an elephant isn't going to fix anything.

There are deep fundamentals flaws at North Melbourne.

Can we afford NOT to make changes?

The rebuilding of this club is in serious danger of losing its momentum if we continue along the current path.

After 4 freakin' years?!

The game plan IS the problem. Along with the team structure and list structure.

Whether or not we can afford to make changes (to the coach) is irrelevant, since it is simply not going to happen.

After 4 freakin years - yes. Although I can understand if you think I'm kidding myself.

The game plan definitely has holes; and these are made worse by the poor execution which is the fault of both players and coaches. Hence the need to make changes after yesterday's performance.

Since this is the changes v Freo thread, are you suggesting no changes at all?

That may be true but what are you suggesting? Make no changes? Isn't this the 'changes vs freo' thread.

Players who perform poorly need a reality check which involves running around in the vfl.

It doesn't matter, it's all irrelevant.

1) Get a proper coach who coaches for the now rather than continually setting up the list to arrive 3 years down the track, then move Scott sideways or out the door.

2) Dismantle the NMFC comfort zone that currently exists. Place the untouchables to one side and then place every other player on the trade table.

3) Prioritise ready to go mature AFL players. Get them in to the place. Particularly go hard for a couple of "edgy" types. Promote blokes with heart. Dismantle the current soft **** environment that pervades Arden Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back