Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know if he's being managed. He's had quite a few soft tissue injuries since the pre season so I think there is some basis for the theory.

If he isn't, I just think it's weird as all signs (including how well he plays) points to the club really liking him.
You know he’s not being managed, the club has clearly explained why he was out. There’s no reason to think they’d manage him and lie.

But consider who returned, that explains why he’s out. Who would you have excluded?

They gave him the magic elixir "pickle juice" and it had no effect on his full body cramp according to Josh in his interview earlier in the week....sounds like a pretty serious cramp issue to me....it's one thing to manage his minutes in this weeks SANFL, that can't happen in an AFL game for points.

we play Sloane at 50% TOG for half a game, minutes can be managed.

Disappointing that Worrell is out.

Hinge needed to come back.

Could have rested Sloane and why rush Smithers back.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I understand why Worrell was dropped (insert any terminology you want) ......but resting Sloane, by making him the SUB made a whole lot of sense

Full body cramp last week is why he was taken off, heat and humidity in Darwin?

nope, he's simply not in their best 22. Why you must believe differently astounds me, he only got a game with 2 injuries. He's not in their first choice plans, never has been, regardless of form, performance or talent.

Going to be interesting

He’s definitely in my best 22

As I’ve said multiple times I see him being able to play Butts role

And also see Hinge as a wing but also understand why they like his speed out of defence

We are only 1 injury away either on wings or defence to him playing back half of season

Nice position to be in to have players performing that can’t make the side - yet
I see why they like Hinge back there but our defence can play without him, he’d also be valuable on the wing

Worrell has never been part of the coaches preferred 22 picture. There's never been any evidence for it, but there's plenty against.
He's in the Strachan basket. We're happy to keep giving him new deals but he's only getting a game if we have injuries (plural).

Do they really need to spell out to everyone why a player is dropped. He was clearly cramping at the end of last week - actually thought he had redone his hammy at one point going off.

It shouldn’t be a shock that he went out. Played really well and is definitely in our best team - but missed 9weeks and probably only played last week due to injuries

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

ok, so who will they drop from their defensive group when he's fit? Just a name, don't need anything else.

Wayne I still don’t think you understand Redman’s role … even though we’ve been thru this
I just brought Redman into my Fantasy side ......do you think I did that without fully understanding his role, Ridley's role, and the chip chip ESS gameplan ?

It's a short term measure due to him being a rollercoaster form player (insert unreliable) .....a quick cash grab

My POV on Redman though was never about the player .....it was about the cost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 disposals, 6 intercepts, 3 tackles, 550m gained (2nd on ground behind rich) in 3/4 of the game isn’t something to sneeze at.
Thanks for providing some food-for-thought, and for the civil disagreement. Respect.
I watched the game LIVE and have only seen the first quarter again on laptop, last night. I didn't see any of his 6 intercepts in the first 1/4, so maybe I should have waited until I watched the whole game.
Even so, I'll repeat that I don't think Worrell played badly:
--- I think Worrell will become best-22, but he is not yet there, and
--- I have not shredded him, called him "useless" or "absolute garbage". I save that kind of hyperbole for dross like Himmelberg :sneaky:.

The above numbers look good, well, until you consider impact. As I pointed out, Worrell's first 2 kicks were ootf and then straight to a happy Coleman (who got his next two marks/kicks from Jones and Dawson :oops:, so Worrell was not alone). So the 80metres "gained" from Worrell's first 2 kicks were to Brisbane's advantage, not ours, and resulted in rebound pressure on out-of-position Crows.
Also, 3 tackles for a backman (one/quarter) is about par, wouldn't you say?
He was our 10th ranked player, if he continued on the way he was he would have ended up about 5th behind Dawson laird keays and Rob in the rankings.
"10th ranked player", in terms of raw numbers? OK, but see above.

My main complaint, or reservation, about Worrell has to do with the bold above.
That's a BIG "if".
The fact of the matter is he didn't (continue on the way he was), because he couldn't. He cramped up, was gassed, and subbed out.
Versus GCS, we'll need players who can run out a full 4 quarters. Worrell cannot. Yet.

For Saturday's game in humid and slippery conditions, the choice was between a recovered Hinge and Worrell. For my money Hinge is the right call.
Fwiw, the Crows are becoming spoiled for player-choices which is a really good thing. When Worrell has reached 4-quarter fitness, he will solidify the backline and Hinge will probably replace Sholl on a wing. A back-6 rotating out of Smith/Milera/Murray/Michalanney/Butts/Doedee/Worrell is a tasty proposition.
Jones/Dawson/Hinge across Centre; add to that a classy forward line with a fit McAdam back in there and we've really got ourselves a side!

Yeah I was fuming last year on multiple occasions with selections but not too many times this year … and positional things like Dawson back and Hately wing etc

Getting most things right this year though

This is just one of those things , his career hasn’t been cancelled he’s just not playing this week and I think he will play plenty of footy this year in back half

rubbish you were, you back in the selectors nearly as much as Bicks does.

And performance when you come in doesn’t matter, you’re out as soon as the injured or out of form come back.
Cream always rises to the top .....I've never seen good players held back in lower leagues ....they're fast tracked

Others need developing

rubbish you were, you back in the selectors nearly as much as Bicks does.
Ummmmm

Go read my posts

I was the only one to say Dawson should be and can play inside mid and you were the only one to eventually agree

I was fuming when Hately got moved to wing , it was idiotic when he started to find his feet

Selection this year has been pretty good overall

And performance when you come in doesn’t matter, you’re out as soon as the injured or out of form come back.

we have a very fixed 25 that is set during the preseason. The focus is getting continuity into that group and hoping they all play well if we get near finals. It only changes due to injury or over a preseason.

Can we stop playing at all these random stadiums? Look I get it's Gold Coast, but at some stage they will be decent and might play finals and it would be get more experience playing at their home ground. Same applies in Vic - I can't believe we haven't played a single game in Melbourne yet. Ballarat can gagf and so can that mud hut stadium in that shithole in Geelong. Games at the G and Docklands thank you.
Has Silvers made any public comment on our "tour of Australia" fixture?

I would like to see us get on the front foot more publicly and push back on this, in the way that Kennett would have done.

2024 fixture demands:
  • no West Coast in last round (how many times in last 20 years have we copped this)
  • no Ballarat
  • Max 1 game in either Darwin or Geelong or Launceston
  • play in Melbourne at least once in first 5 rounds
  • no Easter Sunday or Mothers Day fixture

Ummmmm

Go read my posts

I was the only one to say Dawson should be and can play inside mid and you were the only one to eventually agree

I was fuming when Hately got moved to wing , it was idiotic when he started to find his feet

Selection this year has been pretty good overall

They're your posts, I'm not searching for what doesn't exist and dawson's positioning isn't a selection issue.

Barrett is reasonably accurate here. And I thought at the time of the incident that Zorko was flog and went too far on Pedlar.

Seriously though, how many times did a player like Judd go for an eye gouge, a chicken wing tackle etc. Mitchell running around kneeing players, apart from his habitual sniping.

Seems like some players just become media darlings and some become the villains

View attachment 1702324
Barretts take isnt accurate at all..

Zorko hasnt got white line fever at all..

Zorko doesnt instantly change into a flog when he runs over the boundary line and onto the field like some jeckal and hyde..

Zorko’s well known for being a flog all the time.. on and off the field..

Cream always rises to the top .....I've never seen good players held back in lower leagues ....they're fast tracked

Others need developing
Under Craig/Sando/Pyke we had plenty of form with this.

The treatment of Fog and Doedee by Pyke should have seen him sacked without needing a review.

Nicks is generally better (see Rachele, Soligo, MM) but he clearly does not rate Worrell for some reason.

They're your posts, I'm not searching for what doesn't exist and dawson's positioning isn't a selection issue.
Plenty of these last year and pre season this year and you know it but you like to disagree as you’re agreeing with me sometimes …. Literally no one else suggested he should play inside mid on here until you agreed with me

‘spend alot of time in sydney and go to of swans games

Dawson put his hand up playing inside mid in neafl including one game where he had 29 possessions , 2 goals and 24 tackles which was a record

The following year (2021) he played early season in defence and started to become a weapon ( like he is there for us )

But in second half of season he was moved to the wing where he form went next level and he started to be a match winner and had huge influences on games with goals and I50 delivery

Ever since seeing this evolution I’ve thought of him as a midfielder ….. now the split between inside and outside is the debatable part but I’d actually be happy with 50/50 as it would give us just the midfield type we are looking for and can’t seem to find at the draft

Unfort Nicks seems obsessed with playing him in defence as it’s an easier immediate thing even though it won’t bring the same rewards

Makes less sense when you look at our list and it has Worrell Doedee and MM on it , it’s not a position we are weak in’

Imagine the melts when Worrell can't get in the side because of Redman .....and then what about Nankervis ?
Redman takes milera or smiths position..

Not worrells.

But I’m hoping if we do get Redman he can join all the other great Half Backs (for ex.. Day and Dawson) in recent times that have pushed their game up into the midfield aswell..

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes V Gold Coast TIO Stadium SATURDAY NIGHT June 3rd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back