Preview Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really want to go, but the likely outcome is a sub-10k crowd and a 50 point loss to an expansion club at home. You can smell the relocation articles from here. I'll be there out of spite for all the nuffs who have no problem kicking us while we're down and go silent whenever we're half decent. This club doesn't have many friends as it is, if we don't stick with it, who will?

Ill be there. I got a pre-match hearing with Blakey about the plan to beat the Giants lol

Unless we win every clearance cleanly and our forward lead up and present at the ball we stand no chance. In fact I might offer some feedback but the best chance of us winning on Sunday would be to get Jy and Greenwood out of the middle.

We're all tip toeing around it but we're 💯 Fitzroy. We keep this shit up and we're cooked.
North is 100% not Fitzroy - you must have not been around to see them trying to get money to function - and the AFL is also a different beast now.

I’ll be there. You gotta have faith, if not for a win this week then in an entity that’s been around for 153 years and that we will see rise again. I was here for the 90s so I’m still well ahead if I was balancing a ledger. I met some of our cheer squad the other night who travelled to Darwin last weekend and cheerily get the bus to Adelaide even though we never win there. I can cross town to show support for a club that’s given me huge pleasure and pride.

And I was also there when we beat the Saints in 2009, against all odds - every week now would see a win as a boilover, and would be as sweet as any we’ve ever enjoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely now that Xerri has signed for 3 years there's no reason to keep playing him. I assumed he was only in the side because we were afraid he'd leave if he wasn't. I don't think I could handle watching Xerri getting embarassed by Preuss.

North is 100% not Fitzroy - you must have not been around to see them trying to get money to function - and the AFL is also a different beast now.

I’ll be there. You gotta have faith, if not for a win this week then in an entity that’s been around for 153 years and that we will see rise again. I was here for the 90s so I’m still well ahead if I was balancing a ledger. I met some of our cheer squad the other night who travelled to Darwin last weekend and cheerily get the bus to Adelaide even though we never win there. I can cross town to show support for a club that’s given me huge pleasure and pride.

And I was also there when we beat the Saints in 2009, against all odds - every week now would see a win as a boilover, and would be as sweet as any we’ve ever enjoyed.

The money factor is only one part of it. The league is a very different commercial animal now to then.

From an onfield performance, crowd standpoint, general relevance etc. He's 100% spot on.

The money factor is only one part of it. The league is a very different commercial animal now to then.

From an onfield performance, crowd standpoint, general relevance etc. He's 100% spot on.
He or she isn’t. The AFL has said it was wrong with its 90s mentality of rationalising. They have seen what equalisation and investment and patience can do for a basket case like Melbourne.

Out: McKay, Hayden, Turner
In: McGuinness, Goater, Stephenson

Tempted to put Lazz as sub but maybe it’s best to let him build on his good game.

None of these changes will happen but they could at least give me something to root for if they did.

Out: McKay, Hayden, Turner
In: McGuinness, Goater, Stephenson

Tempted to put Lazz as sub but maybe it’s best to let him build on his good game.

None of these changes will happen but they could at least give me something to root for if they did.
If Turner isn’t out this week then you know there are currently no standards at this club.

If Noble wants to create division at the club then selecting Turner this week tells players it’s not about performance.

Out: Mckay, Turner, Hayden, Taylor, Atu (sub)
In: McGuiness, Lazz, Goater, Stephenson

Team:

B: McGuiness, Walker, Scott
HB: McDonald, Corr, Young
C: Perez, Powell, Stephenson
HF: Lazz, Larkey, Thomas
F: Curtis, Xerri, JHF
Foll: Goldy, LDU, Anderson
Int: Simpkin, Goater, Greenwood, Ziebell

Sub: Hayden/Taylor

If Turner isn’t out this week then you know there are currently no standards at this club.

If Noble wants to create division at the club then selecting Turner this week tells players it’s not about performance.
Tend to agree. You can't go making statements in an effort to drive standards with a player like Stephenson and at the same time say that hitting contests hard 2-3 times a game is enough to hold your spot. There has to be standards across all areas not just tackling hard enough.

He or she isn’t. The AFL has said it was wrong with its 90s mentality of rationalising. They have seen what equalisation and investment and patience can do for a basket case like Melbourne.

And Melbourne were compared to Fitzroy during that era too....

You are missing the point, I don't think we are a relocation candidate because of the commercial strength of the league.

But in terms of onfield relevance, we 100% fit the bill.

We're all tip toeing around it but we're 💯 Fitzroy. We keep this shit up and we're cooked.
No. The AFL killed Fitzroy and they regret it. They lost a lot of people in the heartland of their league chasing mythical expansion supporters, and it could've easily been prevented by just letting Fitzroy negotiate with new sponsors, sell games to Tasmania, play games at Junction Oval etc. instead of actively kneecapping them at every step.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back