Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys, please don't @ me, I am seriously just spit balling ideas here.

What would everybody think if we bring Reidy in for Swaggy and, just maybe, we bring Voss in for Amiss.

Honestly, I am the biggest Jye fan and I want the kid to be kicking 4 or 5 every week but I just get the impression his confidence is still a little down. Maybe a week kicking a bagful in the WAFL might do him some good.

Surely Reidy and Dogga can at least half the contest with Meek and the forward line is still covered with JT, a part time Jackson and a very capable Voss.

Like I said, I'm not advocating for Jye to be omitted, maybe just "managed".

:shrug:
If you're so intent on destroying our forward line, maybe throw Tabs in there too?

What would everybody think if we bring Reidy in for Swaggy and, just maybe, we bring Voss in for Amiss.

Honestly, I am the biggest Jye fan and I want the kid to be kicking 4 or 5 every week but I just get the impression his confidence is still a little down. Maybe a week kicking a bagful in the WAFL might do him some good.

Surely Reidy and Dogga can at least half the contest with Meek and the forward line is still covered with JT, a part time Jackson and a very capable Voss.

5b50c8f8-00bd-4dbb-91f0-49945b7caa48_text.gif

I can understand the reasoning, but jye has still had just as many shots.

The beauty is, the oppo worry about one, the other gets off the chain. The lock down both, Sturt gets free.

Think he’ll get there, and is something that can be worked through at afl level while his position isn’t a detriment to the team overall.

I'm going to become a mod again just to start banning campaigners saying to drop Jye. He is literally playing better than last year just not kicking as accurately and regardless of you all being spoiled, you would have given a leg to have a 20 year old KPF kick 30 goals in a season just a few years ago.

Voss will never be better than Amiss.

Okies, sorry for mentioning it.

Didn't think bringing Voss in was destroying the forward line.

And I'm certainly not Judging Jye, I actually feel partly responsible for expecting too much from him this year.

Was more about wondering what a week in the WAFL might do for him.

Question answered.
Like I said, I get the theory.

He's just actually doing well. Can still bring Voss in, just no Reidy.

But as to what a week in the WAFL will do? We saw what happened to Fyfe when he went back, what Ras copped for the first few weeks. He'll be absolutely targeted by some old campaigner. As odd as it sounds, he's safer at AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to become a mod again just to start banning campaigners saying to drop Jye. He is literally playing better than last year just not kicking as accurately and regardless of you all being spoiled, you would have given a leg to have a 20 year old KPF kick 30 goals in a season just a few years ago.

Voss will never be better than Amiss.
Woah woah woah.

Easy Snuff, you're opinion is the one I respect the most.

I definitely wasn't suggesting we drop Jye, in fact I'm gunna delete the post now for even considering it.

I was just floating the idea, trying to get his confidence back up again so he can be the 70 goal a year FF we all know he can be.

But if everybody thinks whatever his goal kicking issues may be, or even if he has any goal kicking issues, can be solved at an AFL level then I'm in agreement with them.

It has just looked to me over the last couple of weeks with missing some gettable shots on goal and his general body language, that he has been out of sorts. But maybe that's more me than him.

Sorry again guys for bringing it up. Forget I said anything.

I'd love Voss to somehow kick 5 and force us to try 4 talls in the forward line (unless it's at the expense of Sturt lol)
Aren't we already playing four talls? Sturt has added an additional contested marker, which is why the forward line has looked more potent, especially in dry weather.

Aren't we already playing four talls? Sturt has added an additional contested marker, which is why the forward line has looked more potent, especially in dry weather.
Nah stuet ain't a tall imo, I know he is 190cm but it's the way you play too, same for Banfield, don't see him as a tall

Both mediums

Have heard from an excellent source that he’s a very good chance to play with an arm guard on. Might not eventuate but it’s not as crazy as it might sound.
Yes, but what colour will the arm guard be? #ImportantConsiderations 😆

Also, The Worst accurate as usual… “prominent forearm sleeve” is very clearly holding a guard on, but they managed to miss it, nice work guys 🤦‍♂️

Woah woah woah.

Easy Snuff, you're opinion is the one I respect the most.

I definitely wasn't suggesting we drop Jye, in fact I'm gunna delete the post now for even considering it.

I was just floating the idea, trying to get his confidence back up again so he can be the 70 goal a year FF we all know he can be.

But if everybody thinks whatever his goal kicking issues may be, or even if he has any goal kicking issues, can be solved at an AFL level then I'm in agreement with them.

It has just looked to me over the last couple of weeks with missing some gettable shots on goal and his general body language, that he has been out of sorts. But maybe that's more me than him.

Sorry again guys for bringing it up. Forget I said anything.
Haha, just a bit fun and you haven't been the only one saying it. Don't delete ploz

Haha, just a bit fun and you haven't been the only one saying it. Don't delete ploz
LOL sorry mate, I panicked and have already deleted it.

I'd repost it but it took me so long to word it just right (and I still got my head bitten off) that I'm not sure I can remeber exactly how I said it.

Something about "managing Jye and playing Reidy and Voss"

But don't quote me on that. :drunk:

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back