Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's also a long flight (two?) to consider, plus freezing conditions in Tassie. Not the best for a player coming back from injury.

They travel direct, don't think there was any reason to rush Walker back for this one. Pretty happy with the minimal changes this week.

It's worth finding room in your brain for a scenario where Walker is fit but isn't picked. Largely because he is named to play for Peel tomorrow.

IMO, there is no such thing as a best 22. Or if there is, there's 24 players in it. So if everyone is fit, there's a very worthy player (Walker this week) who'll miss out and another who'll start as the sub.

VERY good problem to have this time of year...
Great comment. Your weekly best 22 is going to be about match ups.

We owe the hawks a lot.

6 in a row lets make it 7.

On an unrelated matter i was looking at our 2013 GF team last night.

21 of those 22 that played ended up playing 100 games for Freo. So that means we have 21 Grand Final players from that side whose kids eligible for father son that must be close to a record for a Grand Final side.

We owe the hawks a lot.

6 in a row lets make it 7.

On an unrelated matter i was looking at our 2013 GF team last night.

21 of those 22 that played ended up playing 100 games for Freo. So that means we have 21 Grand Final players from that side whose kids eligible for father son that must be close to a record for a Grand Final side.
Who’s the only one that didn’t?

Have Cox. Their forward line is small by the looks. Ryan will be busy as well

Treacy will be bulldozing Sicily as much as he can. Would love to see Voss go in hard too.
With Sicily's want to drop off his man, so as to intercept, I think he will be guarding Voss.
I want Voss to be a regular target inside 50, particularly early in the game.
If Voss gets a couple of uncontested marks in side 50 & converts, Sicily will be forced to alter his game, thus rendering his amazing intercept marking severely weakened

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can I just say that looking at those Grand Finals teams, it's an absolute miracle that Ross got us close to them. Ridiculous team for the Hawks.
Hawthorn had a big gorilla on there back mentally heading into that game.

The emotional toll of beating Geelong for the first time since the 2008 GF in the prelim.

Throw in 2011 & 2012 were flags they should have won.

If they lost in 2013 it would have been 3 wasted years of a team at premiership peak.

History shows though they broke it and went on to win 3-straight.

But we didnt disgrace ourselves its probably the best we played against Hawks in the whole Ross Lyon era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The emotional toll of beating Geelong for the first time since the 2008 GF in the prelim.

If they lost in 2013 it would have been 3 wasted years of a team at premiership peak.

But we didnt disgrace ourselves its probably the best we played against Hawks in the whole Ross Lyon era.
Definitely, but the raw talent is insane.

We put up a great fight and won the real game, expected score.

We actually beat the Hawks once in 2014. It was probably our best performance for the season.

With Sicily's want to drop off his man, so as to intercept, I think he will be guarding Voss.
I want Voss to be a regular target inside 50, particularly early in the game.
If Voss gets a couple of uncontested marks in side 50 & converts, Sicily will be forced to alter his game, thus rendering his amazing intercept marking severely weakened

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Whoever gets Sicily as their man just needs to take him away from the incoming ball.. aka the opposite of what Tabs would do

Oh wow, Walker really is playing for Peel. That seems absolutely insane to me. I get Aish and Wagner played well but I thought he'd been excellent and was automatic back in.

Equally crazy is that they have such little trust in Wagner and Aish playing smalls that Chapman was given the gig last week. I'd love some commentary from JL on why...

Can I just say that looking at those Grand Finals teams, it's an absolute miracle that Ross got us close to them. Ridiculous team for the Hawks.
It's why many say that this current squad actually has way more talent. That squad in 2013 era was quite polarised with a fair few below average players, Sutcliffe and Sheridan to name just two. That hawks list was brimming with talent and had a good player in every position.

We've done so well and had a bit of luck loading up on talent this time around. Some really good hits on guys like Treacy, Switta, Frederick, and really nailing all our top picks, Sturt and Chapman included.

The 2016 draft got us rolling, we got Andy in 2017, the cake in 2019, and the icing in 2021.

Oh wow, Walker really is playing for Peel. That seems absolutely insane to me. I get Aish and Wagner played well but I thought he'd been excellent and was automatic back in.

Equally crazy is that they have such little trust in Wagner and Aish playing smalls that Chapman was given the gig last week. I'd love some commentary from JL on why...
It’s definitely a strange one. Only reason I can think of is that they don’t like what Walker offers offensively compared to the others? Which makes no sense to me.

I wonder if the bloke who’s yet to earn his nickname will finally kick straight this week. Would make Walker out look bad.

It’s definitely a strange one. Only reason I can think of is that they don’t like what Walker offers offensively compared to the others? Which makes no sense to me.

I wonder if the bloke who’s yet to earn his nickname will finally kick straight this week. Would make Walker out look bad.
If he was in, would think Moore would be the matchup, maybe they prefer Chapman in that role with Aish and Wags taking the smalls closer to goal?

Either that, or do we see Walker trialed in a new position at Peel?

It's why many say that this current squad actually has way more talent. That squad in 2013 era was quite polarised with a fair few below average players, Sutcliffe and Sheridan to name just two. That hawks list was brimming with talent and had a good player in every position.

We've done so well and had a bit of luck loading up on talent this time around. Some really good hits on guys like Treacy, Switta, Frederick, and really nailing all our top picks, Sturt and Chapman included.

The 2016 draft got us rolling, we got Andy in 2017, the cake in 2019, and the icing in 2021.
All that and 2020 is easily Walls' magnum opus. To get three long term best 22 players (and two of those have potential to be superstars) out of that draft is incredible work.

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back