Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to keep faith in Jlo at times. Banfield comes straight in underdone, no problems at all. You’d swear he was Chris ****ing Judd the way he’s been rushed back into the team.
Meanwhile Treacy misses out on another week of footy and Sturt is stuck down at peel for another week. He’ll probably pick up an injury too for good measure down there.
we will scrape over the line after kicking more behinds than goals against a poor Hawks side. Then Jlo will be like “can’t change the team next week, they won last week”
What a farce 😡

Got this game set to record. It will be the 2nd week in a row I have deliberately decided not to watch it. Last week, well the delayed telecast meant I already knew we got pumped, so was a no-brainer. But this week I purely couldn't give a toss, I'll watch it if we win, but I can't say I have any enthusiasm over it right now; if this is the way it's to be - hard to see J-Lo lasting his 3 years, especially if we don't make Finals for the 6th year in a row. The jungle drums are beating louder and the WA media is already stropping knives as we speak. It makes it even more a pressure cooker environment for him to operate in and he's already showing BAD signs.

Not looking good from my perspective and I can see the Vent thread going into overload this year if we don't start winning games. Which I'm pretty convinced we'll struggle to. Yikes - back to being ordinary Freo. Welcome back, we've missed you :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
Still stuck with Acres but no Treacy, sturt, crowden or logue 🙄. However, if this is because of our new S&C team than maybe it's for the best.

Why Banfield? Has been out quite a while and is crapola and the last bloke added to the rookie list (do we have a sponsor agreement with Pearl farm that his old man runs). As soon as he is fit he comes straight in. I can vaguely understand Sturt getting more mins and Logue mins in the WAFL but then on the other hand Banfield after being out around 4-5 weeks comes straight in after doin nothing in 1 pre-season game.

Prob doesn't want to put that sort of pressure on Treacy in his debut potentially hanging him out to dry.

Having 2 rucks doesn't necessarily mean that Treacy won't play either, if that's what you're worried about.

Not so worried about Treacy, just makes us look pretty slow. Also Darcy and Meek aren’t too flash up forward

My final vent (for now)

" Sam did everything we asked but the question is he’s been out of footy for a long time and rushing a younger and inexperienced player back, is that the right thing for him? We’ve got to balance that out "

Does being younger and more inexperienced somehow make you more likely to get injured, seems pretty ****ing stupid JL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does being younger and more inexperienced somehow make you more likely to get injured, seems pretty ******* stupid JL?
Not having consistent load in your body does tend to lead to injury when you step up from WAFL forwardline to AFL half forward line.

So we're going with the same ruck/forward duo that was so successful last week??

I actually like Meek as a ruck, he's an agile bigman who does the simple stuff. Has anyone got any news or explanation on why Sturt and Treacy and coming in this week?
And Tobe Watson faaaaaaaark me🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷

I know many on here will say who cares but after to many years of disappointment I am now going to join the land of TV viewers. Our memberships have been cancelled, no more payments to come out. Spend the dollars on decent beer while I watch from home .
These last few weeks have just been to WTF. As a family we will remain as supporters just not financially.

Id suggest the impending weather has a bit to do with the reasoning as Peel playing on Saturday will have the much better of the conditions.
Blokes coming off soft tissue injuries are a greater risk with a heavy track to injure again.
The only selection that puzzles me is Treacy as a little bit more mobility would be handy in poor conditions & realistically the ruckman are going to have a minimal impact in the wet.
Also we bemoan the s&c dept when there are injuries, I’d suggest they’re looking to keep them on the park permanently & are managing their long term playing future rather than just this week, particularly Sturt & Logue who have missed big chunks of footy.

We might be stuck in an awkward place where neither Meek or Darcy can ruck an entire game by themselves and we don't have a second option tall forward with any experience who can fill in for a bit if one of them were to miss.

I still think the midfield got smashed and our structures disappeared around the stoppages and although the ruck has a lot to do with that there is also quite a bit of heat to spread around the midfielders.

The one ******* time the club listened to me, and I wasted it on sarcasm. JLo is as thick as he sounds

We're sending you down to do pressers....Joao is working List Management; Taylor to do Sports Analyst; Snuffs is doing Media packages.

Myself and the Purple Madness will do commentary duties with a emphasis on 'color commentary' ;)

"The future is here!!" She'll be reet :grinv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back