Prediction Changes v Melbourne (5 added to squad including Phillips, Cloke and Oxley omitted, see squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor wet weather game by us, mids were all down and clear lack of accountability along with no leadership.

I think we have the weakest leadership group in the league.

Pies are having another down year and inevitably something will give.

Likely to be sweeping changes at seasons end if not before.

About to enter the darkest hour in our clubs recent history.

That and it would be grossly unfair on him given White was equally disappointing!
Yep neither were great. Cloke looked timid and horribly out of form, and Jesse had two really bad misses. I probably have Jesse slightly ahead as at least he got the ball in dangerous positions where it was bad he missed, but little in it.

Get rid of Jarryd Blair, he offers nothing to this side.
Makes poor decisions on the few occasions he actually get the ball, can't impact the scoreboard and gets shrugged off tackles too easily. I've had enough of this bloke being gifted games each week

But he is the Player bucks love. Just Good Tryers

Personally I'd look at taking out Toovey and bringing in Marsh to take his spot as the third (quick) defender.
Frost can go to the VFL and Brown comes in to replace him as our negating KPD. I just fail to see how Frost is up to AFL standard.
Oxley to come out for Williams as he brings a lot more physicality and intent, which we're severely lacking.
I'm not sure who we could replace Blair with, but I'd leave him out next week as well.

OUT: Toovey Oxley Frost Blair
IN: Marsh Williams Brown ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season's pretty much done now. Should get as much experience into the kids and drop the older senior players with limited upside who don't provide any leadership.

Out: Toovey, Frost, Oxley
In: Williams, Brown, Aish

Out Smith in Williams
Out Toovey in Marsh
Out Frost in Brown
Out Oxley in Phillips

And maybe Out Goodyear in Aish.

With more in the cupboard you would look at dropping the likes of De Goey but we can't. And Varcoe has been a shadow of his best since returning from his hammy.

Last edited:
Out: players getting a game on reputation
In: players who will have a crack and have an ounce of ability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backline needs shoring up after that diabolical display.So
Out .Frost,Smith,Toovey,Oxley.
In.Brown,Marsh,Goldsack,Williams.

Cue the Cloke scapegoat posts!

Whilst we've been poor across the field it's the midfield and back half that have let us down today!

Out: Oxley, Frost and Smith
In: Williams, Brown and Phillips
About right i reckon. Smith maybe stays. Oxley needs a break

Poor wet weather game by us, mids were all down and clear lack of accountability along with no leadership.

I think we have the weakest leadership group in the league.

Pies are having another down year and inevitably something will give.

Likely to be sweeping changes at seasons end if not before.

About to enter the darkest hour in our clubs recent history.

Lol our leadership group. Only pendls was playing

Quoted because i like it.

Wouldnt mind Aish in either, maybe for Crocker.

Works for me too. As much because Goodyear stays. He gave us nothing, but I'd like him to get the extended run Crocker has and Aish can't give us less than Crocker, IMO.

About right i reckon. Smith maybe stays. Oxley needs a break

Oxley needs the AFL equivalent of a trip to the glue factory he's just diabolical under the slightest pressure and I think he managed to walk off the field bone dry today given he probably dodges rain as easily as he dodges body contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back