Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suckling,Cloke,Webb out
Honeychurch,Roberts,Roughead in.

I have zero interest in giving Honey another chance

He has had enough and failed. I like him but he isn't going to make it.

Give a game to one of the new kids

I have zero interest in giving Honey another chance

He has had enough and failed. I like him but he isn't going to make it.

Give a game to one of the new kids

Sorry MD. The new kids who deserve a spot are injured. IF they weren't they would have played last week.
Honey & Maclean clearly best at Footscray. Yes honey is limited but at least we will get 100% effort unlike some others currently in the 22.

Sorry MD. The new kids who deserve a spot are injured. IF they weren't they would have played last week.
Honey & Maclean clearly best at Footscray. Yes honey is limited but at least we will get 100% effort unlike some others currently in the 22.

My bad then I haven't been up on the VFL

Then McLean back in for me I love Honeys effort he just isn't that good and we have a few of them running around already.

We need some class more than grunt

If it's a small forward that can kick goals and exert forward pressure we want, I'd rather Webb be given a chance in that position ahead of Honey. The 'Church has a good footy nouse but I don't see him being best 22. Caleb pinched any hope he had of being a regular.

If it's a small forward that can kick goals and exert forward pressure we want, I'd rather Webb be given a chance in that position ahead of Honey. The 'Church has a good footy nouse but I don't see him being best 22. Caleb pinched any hope he had of being a regular.

Would you chase Rioli ?

At the right price and provided his body is sound, absolutely I would. Hawthorn are desperate to get back into the 1st round of the draft, I would offer our 1st rounder for him, whether that gets it done or not is another question. We are playing with house money now, we've already won one, we should take a calculated chance with someone like Cyril and try and pinch another one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Titus O'Reily is a comedian and he writes funny previews, but I've noticed his unwavering love of the Dogs is starting to waver.
He's tipping the Saints here....

Saturday

Western Bulldogs v St Kilda (ES) 1.45pm

In good news for Bulldogs fans, it looks like Travis Cloke could be dropped for this game.

For the past few years, having Cloke in your team is like giving your opponent an extra defender, and an All-Australian one at that. Cloke manages to free up an opposition defender to rebound out of the back half, converts goals into behinds and often manages to keep himself to single digit possessions.

If only the Bulldogs had several years of footage showing this before recruiting him.

The Doggies can’t blame their patchy start to the season all on Cloke, as fun as that is, they’ve looked nothing like the team that swept all before them last September.

They’ve avoided scrutiny so far because all their supporters are still drunk and watch the Grand Final replay at least once a week.

Perhaps the Bulldogs themselves are not so much suffering a premiership hangover but one of those mornings after a big night out when you are still plastered.

You know, you then go to work and accidentally photocopy a blank sheet of paper and think the copier is broken and it takes you an hour to figure out that it’s not.

St Kilda can’t be accused of having a premiership hangover; they haven’t had a night out since 1966. In fact, when it comes to premierships, they’re teetotallers.

Last week, they waved the white flag early against the Swans once they realised the good Sydney had shown up.

It’s out of character for the Saints, they’re usually hard at it and had been in good form leading up to that.

I’m going to tip them in an upset as I think they’ll bounce back.

- See more at: https://titusoreily.com/afl/highly-unhelpful-guide-round-ten#sthash.ZNVWWe7Q.dpuf

They’ve avoided scrutiny so far because all their supporters are still drunk and watch the Grand Final replay at least once a week.

Perhaps the Bulldogs themselves are not so much suffering a premiership hangover but one of those mornings after a big night out when you are still plastered.
Hmmm... I hardly ever drink and haven't watched the GF replay since the Xmas holidays o_O

I hope U don't mean Thirrell. I'm already on record for a big no. If you mean Tiger Rioli... yes please but with his background, potential and form I think he'd be ungettable. Tigers would be insane to let him go

NOOOOO I wasn't saying I think I was a good idea was just askin your opinion in Cyril as I think the Hawks will move him if they can

NOOOOO I wasn't saying I think I was a good idea was just askin your opinion in Cyril as I think the Hawks will move him if they can

For the money he'd command I see more urgent requirements. Sure, he's a human highlight reel, but it's his off days I'm concerned about. We seem to dismiss our own backyard too easily. Once our main forwards can string a few games as a unit (Boyd, Stringer, Maclean, Cloke/Redpath as talls and mids) we need 2 of Webb/Dal/Daniel/Smith to knit as our smalls. I'm also a big Dale fan, so if he stays in Maclean is another small option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back