Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have kept one of Red or Cloke in.

We expect too much now from Jake, Dicko and Bont when forward. We expect them to play tall, short and everything in between. The way the ball has been going in this season will make it hard for them.

I'm excited to see English, but like many a little concerned about the forward line in what shapes as a really important game in the context of the season. But we'll see what happens.

I hang shit on the delivery into forward 50 as much as anyone on gameday, but it is difficult to expect the mids to execute effectively when the forward structures and personnel change markedly every week.

There's a bit of the tinkerman about Bevo....
Have no fear ..

Those are terrible changes on paper. If Cloke or Red were an emergency then i'd say Stringer doesnt play. English is going to have a tough time playing forward. Webb getting dropped before Suckling is horrible. He will leave at the end of the year and we will get SFA again.

But Riewoldt isn't playing, so that increases our changes by about 50%

Not happy with Suckling over Maclean or Webb. What does he actually offer? He is softer than butter.
Happy to see English get a crack against a team with weaker rucks. Having said that, all ruckman turn into world beaters against us.

Changes make sense. Our recent history vs St Kilda is poor & they tend to match up well with our game style by running us ragged with sling shot counters. I presume Bevo knows this and is trying something different. Meanwhile Roo out helps

Cloke out is great. We need goal kickers not goal missers

As opposed to all the other great goal kickers we have.

How many points did Cloke miss in the Giants game we butchered?????

Ah that's right he didn't play

Last edited:
Cloke turned it over five times from 11 disposals. Hard to pick him on that form.

Sorry I missed the part where the person I responded to or I mentioned turnovers

100% sure we were discussing goal kicking and the absolute irony of you bringing up turnovers is beyond funny.

Do try and keep up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have kept one of Red or Cloke in.

We expect too much now from Jake, Dicko and Bont when forward. We expect them to play tall, short and everything in between. The way the ball has been going in this season will make it hard for them.

Agree 100% really cannot see what it is we are trying to achieve - need to settle the side - no wonder we have been inconsistent.

I struggle with the logic

English coming in allows boyd to sit fwd and be the focal point. Stringer as 2nd fwd. English will rest there while boyd rucks. We went too tall last week in the wet think this line up is alot better. When roughy is fit will replace english in the ruck and boyd fwd and im sire everyone would be happy with that? We need to bring 4 qtrs this week and we will get the job done. Saints are a good side and will come at us so cant give them a chance to get their confidence and momentum up otherwise it will be another close one.

The forward line looks so unsettled. There's not one high marking player in there. Midfielders and spare parts men will need to kick most of the goals. Can't expect much from Boyd and English down there. We're on a wing and a prayer!
in football codes, the best teams are built from the backline, to the midfield, to the forward line. in bevo i trust.

P.s longer is not a dominant ruck. Its the inside mids like steven, stevens and ross that get things moving in the middle. All but stevens have heaps of burst pace in that midfield. Need hunter and the likes to stand up this week. Wallis bont dahl will do what they usually do. Fire up dogs time to put the foot down and maybe kick into 3rd gear for a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back