Analysis Changes v Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind going in small. I think we are going with speed - saints are a quick side and move the footy quickly. Adams to McCartin and Wood to Membrey. This is a HUGE game. Anyone know why Roughead not picked? Seems strange that English is ahead of him.

Sorry I missed the part where the person I responded to or I mentioned turnovers

100% sure we were discussing goal kicking and the absolute irony of you bringing up turnovers is beyond funny.

Do try and keep up

In terms of goal kicking, the facts are:

Cloke has kicked 6 goals from 5 matches this year. And 17 goals from 13 matches last year.

Hardly a prolific goal kicker of recent times. If this form holds true, then we are giving up a goal by not playing him.

Not sure why it is ironic I have referred to turnovers. My disposal has been immaculate this year.

In terms of goal kicking, the facts are:

Cloke has kicked 6 goals from 5 matches this year. And 17 goals from 13 matches last year.

Hardly a prolific goal kicker of recent times. If this form holds true, then we are giving up a goal by not playing him.

Not sure why it is ironic I have referred to turnovers. My disposal has been immaculate this year.

Dear god in heaven

You come on here with your problems with me EVERYDAY and don't even read what I write and ATTEMPT to be clever.

I was let been talking about goal totals it was about accuracy and how we have been poor even when Cloke didn't play.

Now I simply tire of you so from now on welcome to the club. Don't respond to me I won't see it your number two today

Dear god in heaven

You come on here with your problems with me EVERYDAY and don't even read what I write and ATTEMPT to be clever.

I was let been talking about goal totals it was about accuracy and how we have been poor even when Cloke didn't play.

Now I simply tire of you so from now on welcome to the club. Don't respond to me I won't see it your number two today

No need to be dramatic about it.

I was just engaging with your discussion re: the worth of Cloke in our team as a goal scorer. The reality is that, if he plays, then we could expect him to kick one goal, maybe two on a good day.

I was prepared to give Cloke another chance this week, but my point was that it was hardly surprising he was omitted following all the negative things he did last week.

Really excited for English.

He's like a few other talents we've brought through of late, in that I'm not sure what he's going to be but I'm pretty convinced it's going to be awesome and a little bit different to anything we've seen before.

And we picked him up in a premiership year.

Don't mind going in small. I think we are going with speed - saints are a quick side and move the footy quickly. Adams to McCartin and Wood to Membrey. This is a HUGE game. Anyone know why Roughead not picked? Seems strange that English is ahead of him.
Watching the VFL game last week, English was our best player and Roughead was only serviceable, still it is a bit strange, would prefer Roughead in, he needs to be playing in our AFL side every week.

What did he even do wrong to get dropped??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Dunno to be honest. Appears there must be something the coaches want him to work on. Might have been defensive pressure as he went and picked up 17 tackles in the 2s! Didn't get him straight back in tho either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are all often surprised by Bev's team selection but because he has such a good track record in getting it right we are never too critical if occasionally one or two selections misfire. In this game however, there will be more scrutiny of team selection, particularly of the performance of several players whose form is dubious and who have been chosen in preference to others who seem more qualified on form or for reasons of team balance. Surely the match committee has a lot more expertise than us Bigfooty armchair selectors and the pieces of the jigsaw come together on Saturday. If not, the 'Autopsy' thread could make interesting reading following the game.

Interesting team selection. Not sure how I feel about it.

Obviously Stringer coming back is great. Happy for English to get a chance, not sure if his body is ready for AFL yet but I'm glad he has got a chance after some strong VFL form. A little surprised Biggs came back but I'd have him in easily in our best 22 if he gets back to last years form, which hopefully will start this Saturday.

Really surprised that both Cloke and Redpath got dropped. Happy that we're finally going into the game with two rucks but I was expecting one of the two key forwards to stay in as well. Both really struggled last week but I never really like our team when Stringer is the deep option. Would rather we played a tall forward and have Stringer at their feet for the crumbs. Still a capable enough forward line but we'll need to lower our eyes.

Webb perhaps a little unfortunate but needs to find more of the ball at AFL level. He'll go back to VFL and dominate again and earn another chance later in the year. McLean must feel very unfortunate too, thought he'd be a monty to return but clearly there is something the coaches want him to work on before coming in.

Interested to see what Suckling's role is this week. With Biggs coming back he might get pushed up the ground further. He's one who I think has been very lucky to stay in the team. Needs to start repaying the faith the MC have put into him with guys like Libba and McLean in the reserves who'll return soon. Absolute weapon when he's on and we're a much better side when he's playing well.

Really excited for English.

He's like a few other talents we've brought through of late, in that I'm not sure what he's going to be but I'm pretty convinced it's going to be awesome and a little bit different to anything we've seen before.

And we picked him up in a premiership year.

It's super early, but if I'm a freo supporter, I'm kinda scratching my head as to why we didn't draft this kid.

It's super early, but if I'm a freo supporter, I'm kinda scratching my head as to why we didn't draft this kid.
Interesting wasn't it Fronk? I think they must have rated Logue a little higher and took him at 8 instead. They drafted a ruckman from Cobden in the second round . He's sort of in the Mumford mould. No way near as talented as English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back