Analysis Changes v Suns - Round 10@Mars

Remove this Banner Ad

What is Bevo’s problem with Crozier. He had a massive form slump that he managed to come through and now he can’t get a game. I don’t get it. He’s a very dedicated and professional trainer by all accounts so surely it’s not his attitude. Surely he’s a better option than McComb.

It’s strange, because he had the polka dot training top at training during the week. West had it the week he was sub. It was previously a selection for the best player to hit their training metrics, unless it now means you know you’re the sub in advance

This is probably the best balanced team we've had in all year.

3 talls down back plus Cleary on the bench
3.5 marking options up forward
A genuine combative ruck

Fit midfield

Wings and small forwards the only worry.

doggies ftw must be absolutely frothing right now. So much structure it's seeping out our ears.

doggies ftw must be absolutely frothing right now. So much structure it's seeping out our ears.
Meh next week we’ll play Naughty one out and Buku first ruck so who really gives a ****

And 3.5 marking targets up front is a massive stretch, it’s still Naughty, a 3rd tall in Buku and a slow as **** defender with bricks for hands, les be honest

I suspect they're just being very cautious with crozier since his heart palpitations earlier in the season. They may just be making sure he feels comfortable playing consistently before getting a full senior game.
Maybe but that was 7 weeks ago and surely if he didn't feel comfortable he wouldn't be playing VFL. More likely is they don't think there is a spot for him. There are spots however for the same 2 or 3 every week,who seem to find it harder to get out of the side than get in it and do the same thing every week. Absolutely **** all.

While I realise that McComb has butchered the ball on a regular basis, I find it astonishing the amount of hate for a player who has played four senior games. Total. I can only presume that those condemning him performed flawlessly on the first four days in their new workplace in the face of ongoing criticism by a group of 'experts'. Perhaps the reason he keeps on getting a game is because he is getting a reasonable amount of the ball and, not unreasonably, finds himself pressured and rushed in comparison to his previous experience in the VFL. At the very least, the guy should be given a chance to settle in - a view that has been put forward on behalf of a number of other players on this board. Yes, you are entitled to put forward pretty much any opinion you like - just as I am entitled to say that I don't think it has been done in an appropriate manner by a considerable number of you. Also - do you really, honestly think you have a better overview of the players, the team and the club than the match committee and the coaches? Really? Maybe he will make it in the AFL, maybe not. But to write him off after four games? I remember much the same being done to Gardner, Hunter and many others. It's sad really.

Glad to have a little bit of stability, and finally get the key back trio we’ve wanted, I just cannot understand how on earth we’re still picking McComb in this side every week, just screams of arrogance but anyway. Should be a good game
I agree we shouldn’t be picking McComb but I really don’t get the “just screams of arrogance comment”? How is picking McComb remotely arrogant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My hawks mate reckons TOB best footy was as a forward as he is basically a mark and kick footballer, not enough awareness as a defender. Problem was he didn’t hang on to enough marks but that’s where he would play him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
No offence but that’s a different view to the vast majority of Hawks fans. Most say he was a waste of a list spot until he went back late last year and showed a bit.

McComb isn't being picked ahead of Crozier, they play an entirely different position, and reshuffling isn't exactly simple.

If anything, McComb is keeping Roarke out (personally not a fan of that choice regardless). I imagine once McLean is back to full fitness, he plays in McCombs spot

I suppose a winger should be a hard runner, fluent and more of a threat in the air .Dougie Hawkins was usually all.Hunter a running beast .Crozier a few years ago ,unfortunately he's has lost his spring for marking.Mcoooooooombe
Well can you reward mediocre basic football skills.He is 27 not a kid. And if he comes out Saturday and improves his basic skills, and pays a blinder.l am happy to be wrong .And delighted for him.. But In my humble opinion( we are all entitled to )l would play Bendendo or
Try Arthur Jones who both at least have ceiling for the future..l would even think outside of the square and give Jamarra a new role.Have him chasing the ball might be what he needs.They may not be Langdon or Rivers from Melbourne but at least have a few of a wingers attributes.

Last edited:
It’s strange, because he had the polka dot training top at training during the week. West had it the week he was sub. It was previously a selection for the best player to hit their training metrics, unless it now means you know you’re the sub in advance
I thought it meant the players voted you MVP or similar in the previous game. But happy to be corrected.

Where is English up to? Good luck v the Suns!
Any particular reason you are supporting us to beat the Suns? This is highly unusual behaviour from a Sydney fan. Do your fellow Swans supporters know about this? Don’t worry, we’ll keep it quiet 🤐 😉

I suppose a winger should be a hard runner, fluent and more of a threat in the air .Dougie Hawkins was usually all.Hunter a running beast .Crozier a few years ago ,unfortunately he's has lost his spring for marking.Mcoooooooombe
Well can you reward mediocre basic football skills.He is 27 not a kid. And if he comes out Saturday and improves his basic skills, and pays a blinder.l am happy to be wrong .And delighted for him.. But In my humble opinion( we are all entitled to )l would play Bendendo or
Try Arthur Jones who both at least have ceiling for the future..l would even think outside of the square and give Jamarra a new role.Have him chasing the ball might be what he needs.They may not be Langdon or Rivers from Melbourne but at least have a few of a wingers attributes.
Jones is doing very little at VFL level. Bedendo had an average statistical game in the VFL too. The problem with dropping McComb is we have no one pushing him out

I agree we shouldn’t be picking McComb but I really don’t get the “just screams of arrogance comment”? How is picking McComb remotely arrogant?
Just screams Bevo pick that he doesn’t want to be wrong on, also repeatedly thinking we can change & beat good signs with the huge liability’s constantly found out in the team (McComb the best example right now but not the only example) = arrogance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back