Unofficial Preview Changes V Sydney (Cloke, JDG in & White, Schazza, Maynard emergencies, see team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT's quite common for top teams to have bad slumps mid-season, then recover to play their best footy at the pointy end. So you just never know, with cloke and reid and elliot coming back, shazza Moore and other debs coming on well.
would have to win 4 out of 5 and that almost certainly means winning this one. This really is season over at least 99% if we lose.
PRobably blind optimism, I'd be pretty happy with 4 goal loss in the context of where we're at.
but doesn't hurt to dream....

what exactly does a 4 goal loss mean when you can play shit/well and lose by 4 goals?

who in your opinion from the vfl will be promoted to our rookie list?
Only one player is on contention and odds are he won't be promoted as we are putting 2 suspended players on there instead.

Michael Still is that player, he provides depth in the area that we lack depth in the most, the forward line.

But with Armstrong and Gault likely the only 2 leaving the rookie list this year, and with Keeffe and Thomas adding to it, I can't see room for Still.

Once again showing how mind boggling stupid it is to put Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list next season.

Out: Marsh, Moore and Adams (rest)

In: White, Cloke and PK.

Marsh? Really? He seems like the perfect matchup for Goodes imo.

I'd be dropping Maynard before Marsh. Marley and Sinclair have the smalles covered, Toovey can cover a medium/small/tall (ugh) and that leaves Frost and Brown for Tippett/Franklin/resting ruckman.

Maynard to me doesn't have a matchup that immediately comes ot mind that we don't have someone else for. Marsh could play on both Reid and Goodes.

Only one player is on contention and odds are he won't be promoted as we are putting 2 suspended players on there instead.

Michael Still is that player, he provides depth in the area that we lack depth in the most, the forward line.

But with Armstrong and Gault likely the only 2 leaving the rookie list this year, and with Keeffe and Thomas adding to it, I can't see room for Still.

Once again showing how mind boggling stupid it is to put Keeffe and Thomas on the rookie list next season.

I agree with you 100%

and theyre not that good to really give a f.. either. strange i agree

Marsh? Really? He seems like the perfect matchup for Goodes imo.

I'd be dropping Maynard before Marsh. Marley and Sinclair have the smalles covered, Toovey can cover a medium/small/tall (ugh) and that leaves Frost and Brown for Tippett/Franklin/resting ruckman.

Maynard to me doesn't have a matchup that immediately comes ot mind that we don't have someone else for. Marsh could play on both Reid and Goodes.

I think we need more attacking options. Not too worried about Goodes.

2nd That. Still looked bloody good when he was playing. Was the Leading Goal Kicker in the VFL before going down at Casey.

I agree having 2 Drug Cheats on the Rookie List severing there Sentence. Just Pisses Me Off that we are not giving players who can play next year on the Rookie List.

Moloney could get Rookied

Wait, wait, wait. JT and Keeffe will be on the rookie list next year? That can't possibly happen can it? They'll be banned until 2017.

No Idea but that what Pert said as the Press Conference yesterday

Did he specify a year? Or just say they would be re-rookied? Surely they can't get a spot until the rookie draft the following year.

He said IF then Nominate for the Draft that we most likey Rooking them

Wait, wait, wait. JT and Keeffe will be on the rookie list next year? That can't possibly happen can it? They'll be banned until 2017.

The club have said they will draft them this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which would be one of the Most Stupidest things the Club has ever done

Sure is TD. Looking forward to seeing their write up in the first Black n White magazine for the year.

Last played: 2014
Eligible to play: 2017

Pure madness to keep them in the list.

Sure is TD. Looking forward to seeing their right up in the first Black n White magazine for the year.

Last played: 2014
Eligible to play: 2017

Pure madness to keep them in the list.

2nd That.

I could except Rooking them in the 2016 Rookie Draft as the become Eligible to play the next season

Ok, let's get this thread back on track, how did Cloke and Adams train today, are there any reports around?

Cloke looked good yesterday in his Fitness Test. So I expect he Trained but There where some ??? over Adams

Cloke looked good yesterday in his Fitness Test. So I expect he Trained but There where some ??? over Adams
Adams was subbed out with that corked thing, and with only a 6 day break there were always going to be doubts about him. If he misses we can't win.

I don't think people understand how important Tay is to us now, yeah his open field kicking is still terrible but his hard ball gets are better then anyone else at the club.

Once he went off on Saturday we went backwards, that was clear to see.

Adams was subbed out with that corked thing, and with only a 6 day break there were always going to be doubts about him. If he misses we can't win.

I don't think people understand how important Tay is to us now, yeah his open field kicking is still terrible but his hard ball gets are better then anyone else at the club.

Once he went off on Saturday we went backwards, that was clear to see.

Not sure about that Matty. If we get Cloke back we are a chance even without Adams.

Not sure about that Matty. If we get Cloke back we are a chance even without Adams.
Who replaces Adams though? Greenwood still doesn't look 100% ready to go at senior level, and he was basically Adams rotation partner anyway.

If we lose Adams it hurts us against a side with plenty of tough, contested ball winning mids.

Probably right that saying we can't win is an over statement but in our current form we need everything going our way to be a shot, and losing Adams is a loss we can't afford really.

Who replaces Adams though? Greenwood still doesn't look 100% ready to go at senior level, and he was basically Adams rotation partner anyway.

If we lose Adams it hurts us against a side with plenty of tough, contested ball winning mids.

Probably right that saying we can't win is an over statement but in our current form we need everything going our way to be a shot, and losing Adams is a loss we can't afford really.

The Wee Man will fill the breach!

The Wee Man will fill the breach!
That's my exact worry, that either Kennedy or Blair aren't strong enough, they get pushed off the ball too easily due to, well their lack of size.

Mason Cox? What about him playing? Main reason is that he will be the tallest player ever in AFL history. Would be some story, he comes across as very smart, taps the ball well (granted its reserves) and seems to kick accurately for goal (style points perhaps not, but seems straight) - just a thought. In reality he is probably not quite ready.
Either way I'd love to see him develop further and get some games in the next year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back