Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Jacobs(deer in headlights), Wright (terribly out of touch), Gibson (simply don't rate), Tarrant (lost his kicking), MacMillan (just an ordinary player especially away from the safe house)

In: Garner, Kennedy, Daw, Harper, Greenwood

FB: L.Delaney - Thompson - Hine
HB: Mullet - Hansen - Kennedy
C: Atley - Ziebell - McKenzie
HF: Wells - Petrie - Harvey
FF: Thomas - Black - Adams
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Bastinac
I/C: Daw - Harper - Greenwood - Garner

Pace, Class, Talent and Toughness..... these skills aren't mutually exclusive, you are allowed to be all of these things in the one package.

You toss out a guy for "deer in the headlights" and want to bring in two debutants and Daw.

I thought Jacobs went ok, and when I watched the replay I thought he was better than ok. Wright went pretty well for first game back, the others played their roles. I wouldn't be making changes unless for matchup reasons.

get grima back in if he is 100%, wouldnt mind l. delaney getting another game to prove himself. Also c. delaney get another chance for s. wright

Out: Jacobs(deer in headlights), Wright (terribly out of touch), Gibson (simply don't rate), Tarrant (lost his kicking), MacMillan (just an ordinary player especially away from the safe house)

In: Garner, Kennedy, Daw, Harper, Greenwood

FB: L.Delaney - Thompson - Hine
HB: Mullet - Hansen - Kennedy
C: Atley - Ziebell - McKenzie
HF: Wells - Petrie - Harvey
FF: Thomas - Black - Adams
R: Goldstein - Cunnington - Bastinac
I/C: Daw - Harper - Greenwood - Garner

Pace, Class, Talent and Toughness..... these skills aren't mutually exclusive, you are allowed to be all of these things in the one package.

Actually not as completely horrified with this as other people around here appear to be. Dead set, you would think Arjen mooned the Queen or something. Each one of those players could have a case mounted for their inclusion, particularly as our season is pretty much done and dusted. Bar maybe Garner.

I mean, Jacobs wasn't even in the side til last week, so line through him seems fair enough. I thought he was okay in the first quarter last week, but after that, was about as inspiring as a Def Leppard haircut. Wouldn't shock me if he was left out.

Wright to me showed some good positive signs without really being great, so if he was axed from the final 22 I wouldn't actually be shocked. It's not like he hasn't been in and out of the side this year. Emphasis on 'out'... He hasn't actually been that great, and has been dropped sometimes. It might happen again. Wouldn't be shocked or upset.

Gibson, put into the Anthony basket. Accumulator (although in my opinion a bit better than LA), who is hardly damaging. In fact I seem to recall many calling for him to be dropped over the last 12 ish months. What's shocking there?

Tarrant.. Is probably the only change I'd make. I can't fathom that a tall, bustling goal-kicker, can have a bad game justified by 'keeping an offensive defender busy'. So.. Running? That's what he did? Sure isn't kicking straight. Sure can't ruck and give Goldy a chop-out, so fair enough Daw in for Tarrant, completely agree.

Macmillan has been fine and I would leave him in. Has actually surprised me - I like him, So I disagree here. THE SKY IS FALLING.

The ins?

Garner - not quite
Kennedy - yep, and why not see what he can do in a season that is wrecked?
Daw - Yes.
Harper - not until he's proven himself. He had a free entire year to do that, we need more. I disagree with this. OH NO THE WORLD IS ENDING.

Greenwood - YES, should never have been dropped.

So Arjen, while I don't agree with every single point, I don't believe your opinion was beamed from an alternate universe, nor am I horrified to see more than one forced change.

Maybe that's it. The people around here are used to one forced change only, and can't process any more. Even after a woeful game. Even after a woeful whole year - we're gonna be brutal, and make one change. It's too much, any more than that. Even the suggestion of changing more than one player. It's too much. Can't take it. Overload!

I don't mean to just, like, disagree with everyone for the sake of it. Just saying, I am hardly shocked.

Brad wouldn't make five changes if we lost by 100 this week or the next.

After a very good win, those who represented the club, Jacobs, Tarrant, MacMillan etc, who performed their roles should be rewarded and given the opportunity to back up.

Just saying, I am hardly shocked.

No worries :thumbsu:

Let's just select the side from the youngest player to the 22nd youngest. I've always wanted to know how it feels to be a Melbourne supporter. Play in Adelaide, get hammered. Play Hawthorn, get smashed. Play the *bombers - slaughtered. Last, but not least, beaten by 150pts by the rampant Pies on The 'G to finish things off. The good news is, despite dumping players undeserving of being dropped, a heap of kids would've played. Our percentage would return to normal levels we're more used to and all will be well with the DT/SC generation.

No point playing Boomer. The season's shot. Dish, have a break. Taz, great job keeping Taylor from murdering us last week.......have a spell. JMac, piss off. I don't care that you've improved dramatically. Benny Jacobs - two first names were never going to win you any favours mate. Gone! Etc etc etc

I seriously doubt the coaching staff see this season as "shot", considering the possible ramifications facing *essendone, and I for one say "thank f*** for that!" I want respect from every opposition club we face.

Winning breeds a winning culture. That's just my opinion though.

having a pleasant evening watching the cats replay
Jacobs was good, composed, thought about wot he was doing, can play
not sure posters are really watching the game if they say he was no good
if you want 'deer in headlights' I give you Wright
at least a couple of ridiculous marking/spoiling efforts where he winds up on the ground with his opponent streaming down field
2 other efforts where he got caught and was still lying on the ground when the opponent got the ball back How many chances does this guy get Not good enuf
wright makes too many mistakes and shows nothing that BMac hasn't got
I would drop him on that performance
and if grima is fit at present grima is a better player than Luke Delaney
and I wld play harper too
harper has shown he can play afl
maybe the 2s are actually dragging him down
out wright Delaney
in grima harper

Tarrant keeping Taylor busy is more than just running.

Repeatedly presenting to dangerous enough spots to make Taylor cover him whist being far enough away that he cannot zone off.

Do you understand how soundly beaten Maj would get trying to play that role?

It shows a huge level of maturity to be able to do it.

His kicking is a worry, a couple of Joe the gooses early this week would do wonders.

No worries :thumbsu:

Let's just select the side from the youngest player to the 22nd youngest. I've always wanted to know how it feels to be a Melbourne supporter. Play in Adelaide, get hammered. Play Hawthorn, get smashed. Play the *bombers - slaughtered. Last, but not least, beaten by 150pts by the rampant Pies on The 'G to finish things off. The good news is, despite dumping players undeserving of being dropped, a heap of kids would've played. Our percentage would return to normal levels we're more used to and all will be well with the DT/SC generation.

No point playing Boomer. The season's shot. Dish, have a break. Taz, great job keeping Taylor from murdering us last week.......have a spell. JMac, piss off. I don't care that you've improved dramatically. Benny Jacobs - two first names were never going to win you any favours mate. Gone! Etc etc etc

I seriously doubt the coaching staff see this season as "shot", considering the possible ramifications facing *essendone, and I for one say "thank f*** for that!" I want respect from every opposition club we face.

Winning breeds a winning culture. That's just my opinion though.

nope. Not just your opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your opinion.

Which part of dropping ordinary players and replacing them with talented kids don't you get?

Of course they are not ready, they haven't been gifted games like some of the frauds have been for 4 years.

how many games of VFL have you been to this year? Because the majority of people you mentioned would getting "gifted" a game based on who you want in.

please rephrase RF8

how many games of VFL have you been to this year? Because the majority of people you mentioned would getting "gifted" a game based on who you want in.

Why so many damning Tarrant for his job on Harry Taylor when everyone was happy with the job drew did on fletcher last season. It was a tactic that worker...and we won! I say that's a job well done.

As for some of the calls this week...:eek:

Gibson should not go out. Is there a better runner in the league? He offers a target non-stop and links up the play well. His game against Richmond showed just how capable he is. Until we get another winger that works as hard as him and has a bit more polish he should stay in the team.

Harper in...why on Earth? While I think some players lift a gear in the AFL as opposed to the VFL (Wright), Harper just hasn't showed enough. I think he should be used as a tagger in the remaining VFL games so he can learn to better position himself and figure out where to be to win more of the ball.

I think if Wright has to make way for CDelaney then so be it.

Fact is Spare Keys has only had one chance, showed enough to stay in and if he is fit he should come straight back in if structure allows it. Wright has had plenty of opportunities this year and needs to work his way back.

If CDelaney is not fit, then definitely no change and keep the same squad.

Here is a change I wouldn't mind seeing if we win.

We’re the pride of Arden Street
We’re the mighty Kangaroos
We’re courageous, stronger, faster
And respected by our foes
Admiration of the nation
Our determination shows
We give our best from coast to coast
Where the story will be told
As we fight the rugged battles
The flag will be our goal
Our skill and nerve will see us through
Our commitment ever grows

It can never be forgotten the disrespect shown to us by these skunks singing our song after 98

I don't watch sport live unless its the pinnacle of that sport.

I iq the 2's games and watch them when I have a chance, you can't tell me that some of those guys wouldn't thrive around better players, playing under a roof in pristine conditions.

If you haven't noticed, our best attacking force is 30 ****ing 5 years old, perhaps building an army of replacements would come in handy.

Harper was a star last year and we need a proper sub, garner has the X factor too, there is absolutely no evidence to suggest we will be a worse team with the changes I propose.

Tarrant was ok but what is the point in running goldy into the ground now...??? Majak will attract attention, I think you're underestimating his drawing power.

As for Kennedy, I right footed fast skillful player in the back half. Needs a crack, and would love to see how he goes under pressure away from home. imagine he stands up and doesn't fold like the incumbents?

.. Just quietly point out that every single player mentioned by Arjen to come in to the side, has been mentioned by some if not many others at some point - quite recently might I add.

The ones Arjen suggested dropping, have been patchy at best and have had cases mounted for them to be dropped - also by many, also recently.

But I know, we won one single game. That changes everything.

.. Just quietly point out that every single player mentioned by Arjen to come in to the side, has been mentioned by some if not many others at some point - quite recently might I add.

The ones Arjen suggested dropping, have been patchy at best and have had cases mounted for them to be dropped - also by many, also recently.

But I know, we won one single game. That changes everything.

Yes we get that. But all at once after a win? Come off it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back