Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not beyond the realms of possibility this is the ladder at the end of the round:

1688012125440.png

Hopefully we win to avoid the carnage, but I've posted this to give us all the shakes to show how scary it would be if we were to lose.

Teams 6th through to 11th could all be 8-7.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility this is the ladder at the end of the round:

View attachment 1724708

Hopefully we win to avoid the carnage, but I've posted this to give us all the shakes to show how scary it would be if we were to lose.

It's a pretty big game. If we lose and Freo expose the vulnerabilities in our injury-affected back six and defensive setup as I'm fearful they might, then it's not a massive leap to think we could lose the next three (pies, swans away, bombers) and be 8-10 and almost out of it.

Flip side is if we win and open up some of our scoring power I could equally see us running the pies close and winning the next two to be 11-7 with giants, hawks and WC still to come - and therefore almost a certainty for finals.

I don't suppose any game is a "must-win" until you mathematically have to win it otherwise you're out, but it's the closest thing to one imo.

View attachment 1724708

Could be even worse. If Freo win by 33 or more, they'll jump us too.

If true what must Cleary and Khamis be thinking. What I am thinking would offend even Ricky Gervais.
I'm hoping cleary is in aswell. Khamis is not considered a defender anymore weirdly.

Can afford to go into the next few weeks with a smaller defence. Hopefully getting better/faster ball movement and can take it up to the Pies.
I imagine the inclusion of poulter means Williams plays back.
Out: Jones, O'Brien. In: Poulter, Cleary.

FB. Doc Keath Cleary
HB. Dale Williams VDM
C. Poulter Libba Baker
HF. B.Smith Naughton Daniel
FF. Scott Marra Weightman
R. English Bont Treloar
INT. Macrea West Hannan Lobb

Poulter in scares me for the reasons several of you have alluded to.

What are the chances he plays his natural-ish position?

I don't mind the kid being selected, but if he lines up in defence, ruck or deep forward....

images (71).jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping cleary is in aswell. Khamis is not considered a defender anymore weirdly.

Can afford to go into the next few weeks with a smaller defence. Hopefully getting better/faster ball movement and can take it up to the Pies.
I imagine the inclusion of poulter means Williams plays back.
Out: Jones, O'Brien. In: Poulter, Cleary.

FB. Doc Keath Cleary
HB. Dale Williams VDM
C. Poulter Libba Baker
HF. B.Smith Naughton Daniel
FF. Scott Marra Weightman
R. English Bont Treloar
INT. Macrea West Hannan Lobb
In not sure we'd go in with only one KPD.
The last time we did that was a game against Gold Coast with Cordy and Wood taking tall defenders. We lost

In not sure we'd go in with only one KPD.
The last time we did that was a game against Gold Coast with Cordy and Wood taking tall defenders. We lost
I don't think we will either but I think their is more positives to a smaller structure then playing Gardner and Bruce.

Poulter in scares me for the reasons several of you have alluded to.

What are the chances he plays his natural-ish position?

I don't mind the kid being selected, but if he lines up in defence, ruck or deep forward....

View attachment 1724817
Watch him come in as the third tall in defence.

Surely Poulter in allows Bailey Williams to go down back permanently to cover for Richards / JJ? Still gives us a couple wing options then with him, Baker and Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back