Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of debutants, especially small forwards, stink it up in their first game.

Clarke needs to be given a run of a few games before being dropped, as he’d be getting pretty close to a de-listing if he can’t break the team again this year.

Great news regarding Freijah, good luck to the kid. Hoping its for Gallagher, whos shown good signs but is ready for a spell in the VFL.

Hoping for this week.

In Freijah, West and Sanders
Out: Libba, JOD and Gallagher

Hope he doesn't drop Clarke. It was as bad a debut as ever but you have to put it down to nerves and try again. If he stinks it up again, sub him and drop him. Fingers crossed he's more settled this week.

Bramble and Khamis very close to a spell also. I'd add Vandermeer to the outs but Bevo loves him so its a pointless exercise.

I think Clarke must be dropped if just want the win if we are going for development maybe he stays in but he was really poor last week and did not look like he was anywhere near AFL level.

Wonder if Freijah will play wing or defence?
Reckon it depends on other changes. If we bring Keath in for one of Khamis/JOD (or keep both in), I suspect Freijah takes Gallagher's wing position. If we go smaller down back, I reckon Freijah and Williams split time def/wing.

Stoked for Freijah, has been outstanding in the VFL, would’ve been a huge robbery if he didn’t get selected.

Pure class, one of the most exciting players we have on the list that isn’t playing AFL consistently.

Hoping Sanders is back as well.

Guess we’ll have to wait on Buss alittle longer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I really think we may have a ripper with Freijah. Has all the modern day attributes, size, skill, reasonable pace. Hopefully the contested stuff comes as he matures. Exciting times and something to look forward to, interested to see were they play him, likely half back. Bring back Sanders as well and I'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hope Garcia takes Libbas place in the midfield and west returns to half forward.
West for Duryea (Ed to defence, Garcia midfield)
Sanders for Libba
Freijah for Gallagher

Mids will be Bont, Treloar, Macrae, Sanders, Garcia & Harmes.

Richmond have no forward talls so I can see Bevo dropped a key defender and playing small as we did to start the year.

West for Duryea (Ed to defence, Garcia midfield)
Sanders for Libba
Freijah for Gallagher

Mids will be Bont, Treloar, Macrae, Sanders, Garcia & Harmes.

Richmond have no forward talls so I can see Bevo dropped a key defender and playing small as we did to start the year.

I would be surprised if Richards isn't in the midfield again.

I'm not against him being in there when Libba was out and he was in the action for a lot of centre bounces and what not. Think he has some attributes that will suit him in there. When Libba came back, I thought it was clear that he would need to go back. The fact that he was used essentially as a half forward rolling up into the contest (which in my opinion is a complete waste of using one of your best defenders) suggested to me that in the short term he won't be moving back to defence, especially with Libba out again.

If we are serious about this Transitional period BS we have to give West some midfield minutes
I don't mind him having a few CBAs but prefer he stay at half forward now he has made himself a permanent best 22 player. His impact per possession is so high and his involvement in scoring chains so important no other player currently on his list could compete.
Not everyone is a midfielder and there is nothing wrong with that.

West has found a very good niche role very Toby Greene esq rather he continue to develop there now

I don't mind him having a few CBAs but prefer he stay at half forward now he has made himself a permanent best 22 player. His impact per possession is so high and his involvement in scoring chains so important no other player currently on his list could compete.
Not everyone is a midfielder and there is nothing wrong with that.
Yeah, a bit surprised to see the West to the midfield sentiment persists. He's well and truly proved me wrong as a forward and carved out a nice, clear, best 22 role there now. No need to move him around. I actually think he's one of Bev's greatest development success stories... ducks for cover.

I'm not against him being in there when Libba was out and he was in the action for a lot of centre bounces and what not. Think he has some attributes that will suit him in there. When Libba came back, I thought it was clear that he would need to go back. The fact that he was used essentially as a half forward rolling up into the contest (which in my opinion is a complete waste of using one of your best defenders) suggested to me that in the short term he won't be moving back to defence, especially with Libba out again.
He turned in one of the worst games I've seen him play last week. Couldn't do a thing right. His omission from defence leaves us even more vulnerable there. Play to the man's strengths I say.

Great news regarding Freijah, good luck to the kid. Hoping its for Gallagher, whos shown good signs but is ready for a spell in the VFL.

Hoping for this week.

In Freijah, West and Sanders
Out: Libba, JOD and Gallagher

That's exactly what I came here to post. Richmond doesn't have many tall targets up forward.

I think if JOD or Khamis comes out without a like for like replacement, Richards will be needed in the back line. He's not a tall but he's a good mark and a steadying head.

He turned in one of the worst games I've seen him play last week. Couldn't do a thing right. His omission from defence leaves us even more vulnerable there. Play to the man's strengths I say.

I don't really disagree. Other than Jones he has been our most important defender.

But I feel like it was blatantly obvious that he should have played in defense last week when he wasn't going to be one of the main centre bounce midfielders. Would just be a little surprised that with Libba out he wouldn't be one of the main midfielders again like with St Kilda and Fremantle.

Yeah, a bit surprised to see the West to the midfield sentiment persists. He's well and truly proved me wrong as a forward and carved out a nice, clear, best 22 role there now. No need to move him around. I actually think he's one of Bev's greatest development success stories... ducks for cover.

I'm not sure I agree. Him being dropped in '22 for Vandermeer (coming off an injury and 6 and 7 possession games in the VFL) and then spending the first half of '23 in the reserves was egregious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back