Prediction Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

haha nah just kiddin'
hey dude nicksplat GIF

If Cox is ready he comes in for Davies. That would be the only change. What's going to be really interesting is whether Walters come back in when fit, because I think the coaches really like what they saw with the extra midfielder.

I’d give Cox another week tbh.

Cox vs. Davies won’t decide a game against a wooden spoon contender. If we’re completely off as a football team like we were against the Bulldogs we could lose to almost everyone in the league but 21 players play their role well and we’ll win quite easily imo.

Cox vs. Davies won’t decide a game against a wooden spoon contender. If we’re completely off as a football team like we were against the Bulldogs we could lose to almost everyone in the league but 21 players play their role well and we’ll win quite easily imo.
This.

Davies can handle Richmond I reckon.

Yeah with Lynch out I think we can afford to give Cox another week to ramp up and give Davies another week of experience

I think if Cox is ready, you don’t mess around. You play your best team and give them weeks together to gel.

rather sub him early if it’s under control if we need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this sentiment - but I also think we were one straight Logan McDonald kick away from sitting here in tears saying we we were one Hugh Davies Cat 10 away from a win

Out: Davies

I don't mind if a young player loses a contest or fudges a kick... but his lack of second efforts in multiple instances were astounding.

The prime example was after his howler kick in that lead to a goal. The poor decision and poor execution I can live with, but then he just casually jogged around (in contrast to Wagner's desperation) while Wicks waltzed it into the goals.

If Cox isn't ready, I'd rather play Hughes, or let Chappy and Ryan play tall and start Aish in the 22. Giving Davies another game after that performance is dangerous - you can't reward that (lack of) effort and expect improvement.

I think if Cox is ready, you don’t mess around. You play your best team and give them weeks together to gel.

rather sub him early if it’s under control if we need to.
Agree. If Cox is anywhere near match fit then better to give him a run at home against Richmond than away against Hawthorn. Again, he has to be match fit.

Out: Davies

I don't mind if a young player loses a contest or fudges a kick... but his lack of second efforts in multiple instances were astounding.

The prime example was after his howler kick in that lead to a goal. The poor decision and poor execution I can live with, but then he just casually jogged around (in contrast to Wagner's desperation) while Wicks waltzed it into the goals.

If Cox isn't ready, I'd rather play Hughes, or let Chappy and Ryan play tall and start Aish in the 22. Giving Davies another game after that performance is dangerous - you can't reward that (lack of) effort and expect improvement.
Yeah that effort was so different to what he did last week. Spent too long feeling sorry for himself and Wagner sprinted over with desperation to try and dive in and get a hand to it, and came close to it. So if Davies had put in that same effort from a lot closer maybe he could’ve got to it.

On the other hand I really liked Wagners game. Always looking to use his speed and get the ball moving forward.

I agree with this sentiment - but I also think we were one straight Logan McDonald kick away from sitting here in tears saying we we were one Hugh Davies Cat 10 away from a win
He wasn't on his own. we dished up a few of the usual horrors.

I'm fine with Wagner in for Aish, but we need to make sure Aish gets to 100 games.
How far is it now?
Sub for a few weeks, and there’s always next year.

4 more games for Aish? Easily before finals. Had better seasons with us but his versatility and experience will get him games. Had a game as sub today but can't even see him dropped for next week.

@topic:
Cox for Davies. Perhaps. Depending on what our medical and fitness staff think is best.

I am fine with both. From my point there are good reasons for either way...

Dusty subed out against Carlton with a back niggle. Sounds like the sort of injury where you play him if at home next week but don’t put him on a plane for 4 hours

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back