List Mgmt. Christmas comes early (Nov 28 - 19 sleeps) - Draftee discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
first time poster - forgive my ignorance and go easy on me.

Thought I'd have a crack at a mocky that included West Coast doing some live trading

• sliding back to 11 with Carlton
  • trading back in at 14 as O'brien rates evenness of top 15 prospects.

1 Ashcroft – Bris* (match bid)
2 Cadman – GWS (traded up for him)
3 Wardlaw – Nth (JHF replacement)
4 Busslinger – Nth (may be pushing it but I rate the kid and by far the best def in draft (if not here I think he'll go in top 10 somewhere). Nth lack quality talls down back not mids + good pairing with McKay)
5 Sheezel – Ess (most electric player as always for the Dons)
6 Hollands – GC (Saw someone post this earlier and makes sense - younger brother of current player with top 10 talent, retention continues to be an issue at GC)
7 Tsatas – Haw (best outside mid, to match young inside bulls presently at the club)
8 Clark – Gee (copy and paste Joel Selwood)
9 McKenzie – Carl (traded in from WCE for pick 11 + pick 30 - to jump ahead of StK)
10 Jefferson – StK (need talls and have been vocal about it, Jefferson best option)
11 Phillipou – WCE (traded in from Carl - Need exciting goal scoring mids Pou fits the bill)
12 Humphrey – WB (most uncertain point of draft, what do WBD need? KPD and KPF sorted with Darcy/Jones and Lobb - have them going with best available Vic player (also first name Bailey))
13 Ginbey – WCE (still need more young mids - can’t go wrong with Clayton Oliver 2.0)
14 Hewett – WCE (traded in from Melb for pick 20 + pick 26 - Hewett probably best available at this stage but do Melb really want to draft another WA boy after Jackson?? + Melb only have pick 14 and 37 in 2022 draft. WCE need to get back in before Sydney’s pick because you know they will draft Hewett and turn him into a superstar. 20 + 26 for 14 + 37 seems fair (if you can do pick 20+30 do it but I think that is less likely))
15 Fletcher – Bris* (match bid from Syd)
16 Hustwaite – Syd (big bodied midfielder to add to young core)
17 Hotton – GWS (best mid in draft at this point to replace hopper, tarranto, bruhn)
18 Hayes – Col (Have a solid team, Hayes provides back up to injury prone Moore and another tall option if needed down back)
19 Konstanty – Syd (feels like a Syd pick up, addresses needs fwd of center)
20 Weddle – GWS (need young talls down back)
21 Keeler – GWS (Cadman can’t do it on his own, need more talls and goals up top)
22 Cowan – Melb (addresses small def need)
23 Burgiel – WB (lost a couple of mids in trade period, Burgiel fits the Dunkley mould of a goal scoring mid)
24 Alwyn Davey Jr – Ess (Father son prospect falls to them at 24)
25 Michalanney – Ade (good key def that will develop nicely with the young team)
26 Gruzewski – Haw (a good swing man for the young list)
27 George – Col (exciting explosive fwd that Col can afford to wait on)
28 Szybkowski – Melb (more pacey mids never hurts, might go for another def option here but)
29 Barnett – Col (best ruckmen in draft and Col don’t have many)
30 Clarke – StK (still need more goal scoring threats, best Vic small at this point)
31 Jones – WCE (Need more small fwds with Rioli gone and Petch not confirmed starter yet)
32 Allan – Freo (Father son.. kind of, provides height in midfield which freo don’t have much of with Fyfe up top and Mundy+Acres gone)
33 Ryan – GWS (ageing backline – best mid-sized def at this point)
34 D’Aloia – Stk (need to add to inside midfielder depth after drafting 2 fwds)
35 Scully – Port (need more talls/ruck options with Dixon/Lycett supposedly cooked)
36 Broadbent or Gilbey – WCE (Pick drops to 36 after Brisbane slide out of draft with 36,37 and 38 all matching bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher)
37 Who cares..
Geez you have just sent a shiver over my spine…..
What if the Eagles back our list in like they have the last few years and go

Dees give: Pick 13, Freo Future 1st
We give up next years future 1st 😳

Geez you have just sent a shiver over my spine…..
What if the Eagles back our list in like they have the last few years and go

Dees give: Pick 13, Freo Future 1st
We give up next years future 1st 😳
Haha could happen I suppose.

Allen, Cole, Sheed, Yeo, Chesser and Petch if fit will all be seen as "new recruits" to our starting 22 in 2023 - add in Hunt and a more developed XON, Culley, Hough, Bazzo, Edwards x 2. Some could make an argument to be optimistic about next year.

I personally doubt the season from hell that was 2022 will repeat - I am not predicting much of a jump up the ladder though.

Haha could happen I suppose.

Allen, Cole, Sheed, Yeo, Chesser and Petch if fit will all be seen as "new recruits" to our starting 22 in 2023 - add in Hunt and a more developed XON, Culley, Hough, Bazzo, Edwards x 2. Some could make an argument to be optimistic about next year.

I personally doubt the season from hell that was 2022 will repeat - I am not predicting much of a jump up the ladder though.

It isn't just this (although it is important). How many games did we have where all of NN, Shuey and Kelly were playing for a few weeks in a row for example? It felt like we just never got a settled side. Constant changes (most in history I think). No side would have had a chance with what happened.

The good thing is, from such a low bar, improvement is an easy thing to be excited about.

Thought I'd have a crack at a mocky that included West Coast doing some live trading

4 Busslinger – Nth (may be pushing it but I rate the kid and by far the best def in draft (if not here I think he'll go in top 10 somewhere). Nth lack quality talls down back not mids + good pairing with McKay)
6 Hollands – GC (Saw someone post this earlier and makes sense - younger brother of current player with top 10 talent, retention continues to be an issue at GC)
7 Tsatas – Haw (best outside mid, to match young inside bulls presently at the club)
9 McKenzie – Carl (traded in from WCE for pick 11 + pick 30 - to jump ahead of StK)
10 Jefferson – StK (need talls and have been vocal about it, Jefferson best option)
11 Phillipou – WCE (traded in from Carl - Need exciting goal scoring mids Pou fits the bill)
12 Humphrey – WB (most uncertain point of draft, what do WBD need? KPD and KPF sorted with Darcy/Jones and Lobb - have them going with best available Vic player (also first name Bailey))
13 Ginbey – WCE (still need more young mids - can’t go wrong with Clayton Oliver 2.0)
14 Hewett – WCE (traded in from Melb for pick 20 + pick 26 - Hewett probably best available at this stage but do Melb really want to draft another WA boy after Jackson?? + Melb only have pick 14 and 37 in 2022 draft. WCE need to get back in before Sydney’s pick because you know they will draft Hewett and turn him into a superstar. 20 + 26 for 14 + 37 seems fair (if you can do pick 20+30 do it but I think that is less likely))
17 Hotton – GWS (best mid in draft at this point to replace hopper, tarranto, bruhn)
18 Hayes – Col (Have a solid team, Hayes provides back up to injury prone Moore and another tall option if needed down back)
21 Keeler – GWS (Cadman can’t do it on his own, need more talls and goals up top)
23 Burgiel – WB (lost a couple of mids in trade period, Burgiel fits the Dunkley mould of a goal scoring mid)
25 Michalanney – Ade (good key def that will develop nicely with the young team)
28 Szybkowski – Melb (more pacey mids never hurts, might go for another def option here but)
30 Clarke – StK (still need more goal scoring threats, best Vic small at this point)
31 Jones – WCE (Need more small fwds with Rioli gone and Petch not confirmed starter yet)
32 Allan – Freo (Father son.. kind of, provides height in midfield which freo don’t have much of with Fyfe up top and Mundy+Acres gone)
35 Scully – Port (need more talls/ruck options with Dixon/Lycett supposedly cooked)
36 Broadbent or Gilbey – WCE (Pick drops to 36 after Brisbane slide out of draft with 36,37 and 38 all matching bids for Ashcroft and Fletcher)
37 Who cares..
Good effort mate - I don’t hate your line of thought at all. Leaving the pick at the end for Broadbent is very plausible.

37 Who cares..

Top effort and bonus points for thoughts on the why teams chose the player..
I think Adel take Barnett before Michalanny after losing Frampton to Magpies..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

37 Who cares..
Fair effort

A draft haul of Phillipou, Ginbey, Hewett, Jones and Broadbent would be a very good result

I particularly like your pick swaps with Carlton and Melbourne. Unlikely perhaps but they’re at least plausible

Had my crack at a mock draft:

GWS: Cadman
BRIS: Ashcroft (Matching NM bid)
NM: Sheezel
NM: Wardlaw
ESS: Busslinger
GC: Tsatas
HAW: Clark
GEEL: Ginbey
WC: Mackenzie
STK: Humphrey
CARL: Hayes
WB: Phillipou
WC: Hewett
MELB: Jefferson
SYD: Hollands
GWS: Konstanty
COLL: Hotton
SYD: Weddle
GWS: Burgiel
GWS: Szybkowski
WC: Cowan

We come out with Mackenzie, Hewett and Cowan. Mackenzie play style kind of reminds me of a Brayshaw. Hewett I get the Kelly comparisons. Cowan to learn from Hunt.

Notes: I think Essendon will reach for Busslinger before the Suns pick. They need KPD. Saints I think will go for Humphrey hoping he's a De Goey clone. Cats love WA boys and think they'll go Ginbey before us. Gold Coast are hard to read, they don't really need midfielders think they go best available though.

If Buddslinger is available for us we have to get him.. Instant upgrade on Edwards. We then have our key backs sorted for many years..

We cant. We just cant. We cannot let O'Brien draft yet another backman when we are clearly midfield deficient

As i stated earlier in the thread i really, really hope Buslinger is draft by another club to remove the choice from O'Brien, because i cannot see him not selecting him if available

Kid can play, but that selection given our needs would be a mistake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cant. We just cant. We cannot let O'Brien draft yet another backman when we are clearly midfield deficient

As i stated earlier in the thread i really, really hope Buslinger is draft by another club to remove the choice from O'Brien, because i cannot see him not selecting him if available

We need defenders as much as mids imo

Eastcoasteagle in really interested in your rating of Tsatas. There hasn’t been much love for him on this board yet over east he’s universally (from what I’ve seen) ranked in the top 5 with Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Sheezel and Cadman. And normally he’s sitting 3rd in that group to the point where an article I read on the mega trade pondered whether we’d regret trading two and missing him

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I wouldn’t know, but there’s a clear divide on how he’s rated by east coast media and draft watchers on this board

Eastcoasteagle in really interested in your rating of Tsatas. There hasn’t been much love for him on this board yet over east he’s universally (from what I’ve seen) ranked in the top 5 with Ashcroft, Wardlaw, Sheezel and Cadman. And normally he’s sitting 3rd in that group to the point where an article I read on the mega trade pondered whether we’d regret trading two and missing him

I’m not saying you’re wrong, I wouldn’t know, but there’s a clear divide on how he’s rated by east coast media and draft watchers on this board
I think he has some great AFL attributes, speed and accumulation. He's even improved his contested game!
But I just think he lacks any real impact on a game, his kicking is the one that lets him down. He bursts from stoppages and looks a million bucks only for the kick go too high and allow the defender to spoil it easily or he kicks it to no where really.
Others ahead of him, I think have more influence on the game and are more complete footballers.
I do wonder if the over hype on him is that some get drawn in by the speed and big numbers of possessions.

If he was at 8, there would likely be a few others I still want ahead of him.

Why??? We could draft the next version of judd, kerr, cousins and Simpson would still play the credits boys infront of those guys who would be having their asses handed to them in the wafl

I love where you've got Tsatas, I've got him in that same 8-10 range. Given that you've got him ranked 5th, where do you stand on the should we or shouldn't we draft Busslinger debate?
I did have a good conversation with Monocle and AsterixTheGaul on this. I love Busslinger, and I see him as less KPD but more quarterback, 3rd tall, rebounding defender. He racks the ball up across half back and uses it so well.
I'm not oppose to the idea, as I think he'd be a great player for us.
But 5 to 15 is going to be choc filled with plenty of good midfield options. I'd almost love to get two now and look at other positional needs with later picks and future drafts.

At 8, it would really depend who was left. I'd personally prefer Mackenzie or Phillipou.
What about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back