Collingwood List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my two cents on what might happen...

DELIST - MAIN LIST
Daniel Farmer - to be re-rookied
Trent Stubbs - to be re-rookied

TRADE BAIT / GWS FREE AGENT COMPO
John McCarthy
Tyson Goldsack
Cameron Wood (To Port Adelaide with pick for John Butcher?)
Brent Macaffer (To GWS?)

DELIST - ROOKIE LIST
Scott Reed
Tom Hunter (Retired)
Declan Reilly
Jack Perham
Shae McNamara - Has improved but not enough to be a realistic ruck chance. Also Jarrad Witts is ready to assist Ceglar next season in VFL.

ROOKIE PROMOTION
Jye Bolton

ROOKIE RETAIN
Tom Gordon
Paul Cribbin

TRADE TARGETS
John Butcher (Trade bait being 2011 1st round pick and or Cameron Wood. Should be mainly proirity as this team has no KPF depth in VFL. Keeffe is a defender not a forward)
Bernie Vince (As speculated by media, personally I dont think we need him and would only offer a 2 for 1 deal of "trade bait players" mentioned above. Doubt Adelaide takes that kind of offer, plus you would think with new Adelaide coach, drastic changes on good players being traded like Vince are unlikely to be made)
Jack Gunston (If we are dealing with Adelaide for Vince, we should seriously see if we can get Gunston as part of the deal, Melbourne boy, forward prospect)

MAIN DRAFT
First Round Pick: I think this gets traded again (John Butcher)
Second Round Pick: Best player available, would lean toward KPF
Third Round Pick: Tom Sundberg (Collingwood VFL)
Fourth Round Pick: Jye Bolton (Rookie Promotion)

ROOKIE DRAFT:
First Round Pick: Daniel Farmer (Any player drafted to main list gets a mandatory two year contact, if we are delisting a player after one season, we might as well bring them back for VFL team as we are still paying them. Also known at the club as the Toby Thoolen rule:p)
Second Round Pick: Trent Stubbs (As above)
Third Round Pick: Best player available
Fourth Round Pick: Jarrod Witts (NSW Scholarship promotion)
Fifth Round Pick: Marty Clarke (International Rookie - I believe this is the only way we can get him on Collingwood's list, without other clubs having access to him. If he nominates for the main draft then other clubs will have a chance to draft him. Also isn't their a rule that you can nominate one rookie to play senior list football. Clarke can be that rookie and then we can formally promote him to the senior list for 2013 year.)

Would be incredibly harsh on Farmer to get delisted. First 7/8 weeks started the season incredibly slowly. But has since picked up and has really lifted his work rate and is doing all the right things.
Probably only Stubbs should be delisted and possibly rookied.

Butcher is interesting. Top 10 selection in 2009. Because of this still has currency.
Would be a pretty expensive investment for a depth player though.
We can rookie Brett Eddy (if no one else selects him before us) and still have a very competitive backup KPF, but without having to trade 1st rounder + player.

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe Clarke is eligible as an international rookie with us any longer due to a tweak of the rules.

You make some goodish points, but I'm not sold on the merit of Butcher and one thing I can guarantee is that we won't get a trade to go through for him which includes Wood. He simply has no currency on the open market anymore, plus we'd need to draft a ruckman to fill that second ruck role in case Jolly get's injured, which is something I'm definitely not in favour of!

MAIN DRAFT
First Round Pick: I think this gets traded again (John Butcher)
Second Round Pick: Best player available, would lean toward KPF
Third Round Pick: Tom Sundberg (Collingwood VFL)
Fourth Round Pick: Jye Bolton (Rookie Promotion)

ROOKIE DRAFT:
First Round Pick: Daniel Farmer (Any player drafted to main list gets a mandatory two year contact, if we are delisting a player after one season, we might as well bring them back for VFL team as we are still paying them. Also known at the club as the Toby Thoolen rule:p)
Second Round Pick: Trent Stubbs (As above)
Third Round Pick: Best player available
Fourth Round Pick: Jarrod Witts (NSW Scholarship promotion)
Fifth Round Pick: Marty Clarke (International Rookie - I believe this is the only way we can get him on Collingwood's list, without other clubs having access to him. If he nominates for the main draft then other clubs will have a chance to draft him. Also isn't their a rule that you can nominate one rookie to play senior list football. Clarke can be that rookie and then we can formally promote him to the senior list for 2013 year.)

You don't think we would Draft Micheal Hartley?

I haven't seen much of him. Has he played for our VFL team? Witts is a year older so maybe Hartley is another year away, 2013 perhaps.

Yes he is playing VFL games and had 2 Games at VFL so far

I could be wrong on this, but I don't believe Clarke is eligible as an international rookie with us any longer due to a tweak of the rules.

You make some goodish points, but I'm not sold on the merit of Butcher and one thing I can guarantee is that we won't get a trade to go through for him which includes Wood. He simply has no currency on the open market anymore, plus we'd need to draft a ruckman to fill that second ruck role in case Jolly get's injured, which is something I'm definitely not in favour of!

Butcher can pinch hit in the ruck. As can Keeffe and Leigh Brown. If Wood did leave as part of the deal for Butcher, then our ruck depth would look like this:
1. Jolly 2. L. Brown 3. Ceglar 4. Butcher 5. Keeffe.
I think that is adequate depth. Ceglar is still a bit raw but I'm pretty sure he would give more of a contest that Wood is doing at the moment.

I don't think any other club would rate Hartley apart from us, don't blame them with the lack of exposure he has.

He Destroyed John Patton in the u-18 Champs and Patton is Tipped to go Pick 1 in this years Draft

Butcher can pinch hit in the ruck. As can Keeffe and Leigh Brown. If Wood did leave as part of the deal for Butcher, then our ruck depth would look like this:
1. Jolly 2. L. Brown 3. Ceglar 4. Butcher 5. Keeffe.
I think that is adequate depth. Ceglar is still a bit raw but I'm pretty sure he would give more of a contest that Wood is doing at the moment.

Nah Wood has Ceglar covered for the time being. I'm curious are we talking about the same Butcher that's currently on Port's list? Because its really difficult to make a call on him pinch hitting in the ruck considering he hasn't even debuted for Port yet and is 7cm and 10kg smaller than Keefe with a similar sized leap. To put it bluntly he'd get assaulted in the ruck!

Edit: I need to add that despite the floors in his game I think he'd be worth a look at as KPF depth. Despite having no faith in his abilities to ruck.

Remember we also have Witts who we have basically committed to for either the Rookie or National Draft. Just wondering, but if Butcher can't get a game in Port then how the hell will he get one in Collingwood! I know he's been injured and I don't know the details of those injuries, but still. If he comes to us injured too then he will be more likely to get injured again. (Brad Dick, anyone?) We have got good depth for now, maybe picking up another youngie ruck won't do too much harm in the off season but with Jolly, L.Brown, Keeffe, Wood, Ceglar, Witts in our team, who most of our younger boys should go ahead of Wood, give them another season and Witts another two and we will be strong as hell in the ruck department!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're recruiting for depth, I'd think KPF is the obvious target. Q Lynch would have been the perfect candidate if not for this season's revival. Not sure what else there is out there.

Ball is a good example of how we can turn around players with injury issues because of our medical staff. Port would have to have one of the poorest funded footy depts in the league. That and KPP take longer to develop. If Hine liked him as a junior (Buckley rule) and we were any chance i'd think we'd have a crack. Who knows if Hine liked him though. I thought he was a bloody gun. But thats just me.

If we're recruiting for depth, I'd think KPF is the obvious target. Q Lynch would have been the perfect candidate if not for this season's revival. Not sure what else there is out there.

Here are the Few I can Think Of:

• James Sellar
  • Daniel Currie
  • Rhys Stanley

Ball is a good example of how we can turn around players with injury issues because of our medical staff. Port would have to have one of the poorest funded footy depts in the league. That and KPP take longer to develop. If Hine liked him as a junior (Buckley rule) and we were any chance i'd think we'd have a crack. Who knows if Hine liked him though. I thought he was a bloody gun. But thats just me.

Spot On There Quicky and This guy was very Heavily Rated but his only Downside was his Goal Kicking.

If Hine and Buckley Rate him you could easily see us having a Crack at him.

Though would Port want to Trade Him?

Here are the Few I can Think Of:
  • James Sellar - Doesn't move well enough for a KPF
  • Daniel Currie - He's a ruck, and has zero exposed form
  • Rhys Stanley - Years off contributing

Think older Dave. Adelaide used to have heaps of these flawed KP sorts like Perrie, Hentschel etc but there's a real shortfall of big-bodied forwards in the league atm.

Think older Dave. Adelaide used to have heaps of these flawed KP sorts like Perrie, Hentschel etc but there's a real shortfall of big-bodied forwards in the league atm.

Well we have 2 in Dawes and Cloke:thumbsu:

What about someone like Bonodio from Port Melbourne?

Then would you more mean like:

• Jay Neagle
  • Casey Sibosado
  • Levi Casboult (Ruck/KPF)
  • Jordan Lisle

Ones that spring to mind are.

• Hawkins
  • Wilson
  • Lisle
  • Gumbleton

Lisle's probably to young for the Hawks to consider releasing him. I'd suggest that Essendon and Geelong would do what they can to hold on to their men. Whilst Wilson is probably just that little bit undersized for my liking.

There is also this fat guy that used to tear us a new one every time he played against us a few years back. We've been linked to him before, he gets along well with Eddie, he's a dual coleman medallist, he has a problem with gambling and he kicked 10 goals in the VFL a few weeks back.

The club wouldn't touch him for a number of reasons, but he is still available and IF (this is the biggest if in the history of the known universe) he had his head screwed on properly he'd be more than handy KPF depth....

Nah Wood has Ceglar covered for the time being. I'm curious are we talking about the same Butcher that's currently on Port's list? Because its really difficult to make a call on him pinch hitting in the ruck considering he hasn't even debuted for Port yet and is 7cm and 10kg smaller than Keefe with a similar sized leap. To put it bluntly he'd get assaulted in the ruck!

Edit: I need to add that despite the floors in his game I think he'd be worth a look at as KPF depth. Despite having no faith in his abilities to ruck.

Butcher is 197cm tall and rucked a bit in juniors. Whether you want to put Keeffe ahead of him in the pecking order due to his height then that is fine by me. My opinion is this team would be better off with a strong developing Key position forward prospect in VFL in Butcher than Cameron Wood who is soft, has little motivation and his tap ruckwork as really gone down the toilet this year getting smashed by 2nd rate ruckman like Will Minson and pretty much every other ruckman he has faced.

Ones that spring to mind are.

• Hawkins
  • Wilson
  • Lisle
  • Gumbleton

Lisle's probably to young for the Hawks to consider releasing him. I'd suggest that Essendon and Geelong would do what they can to hold on to their men. Whilst Wilson is probably just that little bit undersized for my liking.

There is also this fat guy that used to tear us a new one every time he played against us a few years back. We've been linked to him before, he gets along well with Eddie, he's a dual coleman medallist, he has a problem with gambling and he kicked 10 goals in the VFL a few weeks back.

The club wouldn't touch him for a number of reasons, but he is still available and IF (this is the biggest if in the history of the known universe) he had his head screwed on properly he'd be more than handy KPF depth....

How is Wilson?

I think Gumby could be to Injury Prone but does have Big Upside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back