Toast Collingwood - the fastest rebuild ever

Remove this Banner Ad

We really only had the one down year.

I think the rebuild stuff is overblown.

One bad season during COVID, when you were smashed by injures.

Even then, in 2021, you beat Melbourne (eventual premiers) and got within 1 pt / 10 pts / 16ths of Port / Geelong / Dogs (eventual prelim finalists / GF).

I tipped Collingwood to make finals in 2022, it was obvious to me that you’d rebound.

It was good to see this good old Collingwood team's dynasty finish with a rare Grand Final victory for the club. It is a shame they are so old, but all dynasties have to end somewhere. :)
Did we win a Meteoric Rise September Grand Final? Or has that still not occurred in your world?

Did we win a Meteoric Rise September Grand Final? Or has that still not occurred in your world?

Yes Lebo, I had to wake up this morning and begrudgingly enter a Collingwood Grand Final win into my database. Their first in 33 years and they now have won 2 Grand Finals in the last 65 years. This elevates them in Grand Final victories in my lifetime above the likes of St Kilda, Melbourne and Bulldogs.

I don't have an issue with when you win a Grand Final, they all count, so long as you win THE Grand Final. :)

Yes Lebo, I had to wake up this morning and begrudgingly enter a Collingwood Grand Final win into my database. Their first in 33 years and they now have won 2 Grand Finals in the last 65 years. This elevates them in Grand Final victories in my lifetime above the likes of St Kilda, Melbourne and Bulldogs.

I don't have an issue with when you win a Grand Final, they all count, so long as you win THE Grand Final. :)
Hang on, but 33 years ago was in October, not September, so isn’t this our first in 65 years?

Ow wait, you count Oct flags but you don’t count replays, that’s right.

Hang on, but 33 years ago was in October, not September, so isn’t this our first in 65 years?

Ow wait, you count Oct flags but you don’t count replays, that’s right.

All flags count as flags. Even yours. You have won 3 in the last 65 years.

Only Grand Final wins count as Grand Final wins. You have 2 of those in the last 65 years. I don't make these things happen, I just notice them and record them, so that when I am posting on here I am giving clear and correct information. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what we did in 2015, not a traditional rebuild. Dumped older players, topped up with a bunch of role players and then competed again with the youth/stars we already had.

You only need to see how well Sidebottom, Howe, Titch, Pendles and Crisp all played yesterday, to show just how much established talent that'll be 30 or over next year, they still have on their list to work with.

Adams, Mihocek, Cox, Hoskin-Elliot all 30 or over too.

Then you have De Goey, McStay, Markov, Maynard, D. Moore, D. Cameron, all 28 or 29 next year.

Only Daicos x 2, Hill, McCreery, Murphy and Ginnivan under 25 from yesterday's GF. It's a myth the media has drummed up that Collingwood have gone through such a quick 'rebuild.'

Reset is the right word, and it just goes to show how stupid traditional rebuilds are in this current era - when you can chop a bunch of players, change your list, and reload and go again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Collingwood - the fastest rebuild ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Back