List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

You cannot win @ the SCG without a hit up target in the forward line. Especially @ CHF. Grundy would’ve made zero difference. Sydney had a half-cooked Franklin. We had squat.
Our mids clawed is back into the contest.
I’m confident McStay barging around the 50 arc would’ve helped.
It would be nice then for Sydney to come to Melbourne and play us. Once a decade or so would be nice. Hello AFL if you’re listening.

Unless he is replacing Mihochek which is unlikely, what’s the point in adding an average player like McStay to play alongside a declining average player like Mihochek.

Mihochek and McStay would be the least threatening key forward combo in the league.
i think they both need to be looked at in my isolation though, McStay is the solution (clubs opinion) to having 3 rucks with no forward ability on the list. Mihocek needs to be replaced as a sole key forward but there’s not an option out there as yet, if the view is replacing Mihocek with McStay it’s a clear error but I don’t think the club is trying to address that aspect

S
Sell him to me.
The lions don't seem too keen to hold on to him.
Tell me how he would have made a difference against the Swans?
I'm not interested in bringing in players who aren't going to make a difference. McStay is one of those.
Surely it’s not that difficult to sell McStay… Our need for a key position players is obvious, particularly after yesterdays game when Franklin and Reid both marked regularly and we relied on finding loose players or goals from fwd 50 stoppage.

McStay was probably BOG in their previous final, and their game style doesn’t exactly help their talls, Daniher is supposed to be a gun but barely shines with their usually slow ball movement, plus McStay is often rotated through ruck and very high half forward regularly.

He can play multiple positions, will be much better than Cox in basically every role, AND free up someone like Mihocek, Krueger, or Cameron when forward, plus help bring the ball to ground more often. Good age profile, with his best football ahead of him.

He also donates lots of money to charity, found an injured puppy and brought it back to good health, and once gave a homeless person $1,000***

Surely you’re sold!!!

*** this info may not be true.

I’m a massive Johnson fan. But, that “effort” was woeful and would’ve been bad enough to destroy his confidence/self belief.
Poor finals are hard to recover from, ask Gary Rowan….and Leon Davis….

Wow, that’s a very pessimistic over-reaction. AJ has been a revelation and a big contributor to us finishing top 4 since he came into the side. Yes, he had a shocker yesterday against elite opposition but I doubt his self-belief is as brittle as you make it out to be.

I’m sure his coaches and teammates will get around him and with his 2022 experience and another pre-season under his belt, will have consistently bigger impact in 2023.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I like Kreuger, but his style of play is not sustainable. He plays like a WWE wrestler. He will struggle to play 3 games in a row. He needs to discover tempos. Otherwise, he simply won’t last and won’t be of any use to us.

Again, what’s with the pessimistic over-reactions?

Kreuger is again fit and firing and had real impact after coming on to replace Cox. I’m gonna back him in to secure his spot in our best 22 next year. What’s the harm in being positive and optimistic about Kreuger, AJ and the rest of our team?

Wow, that’s a very pessimistic over-reaction. AJ has been a revelation and a big contributor to us finishing top 4 since he came into the side. Yes, he had a shocker yesterday against elite opposition but I doubt his self-belief is as brittle as you make it out to be.

I’m sure his coaches and teammates will get around him and with his 2022 experience and another pre-season under his belt, will have consistently bigger impact in 2023.

Yeah.
I hope I’m wrong.
But performance on finals define you.
And there are many that have had their careers snuffed out on the big stage.

Brodie Grundy has likely played his last game for Collingwood as the Pies aggressively alter their list and prepare to welcome Bobby Hill, Dan McStay, Brayden Fiorini and Billy Frampton in coming weeks.

But Collingwood is still holding out hope it could retain Ollie Henry despite him exploring the option of returning to Geelong to be closer to family and friends.

The Pies’ glorious late-season surge came up one point short in a preliminary final but already the club has made significant ground on addressing areas of concern for next year.

While dual All Australian Grundy would improve the club’s clearance work – ranked 18th in the competition this year – it is the Pies that have driven the trade interest that will likely see him end up at Melbourne.

The early discussions over him moving have allowed Grundy to explore rival interest and conditioned Pies fans to him getting to a new home after the diabolical off-season firesale of late 2020.

The club’s quartet of incoming players and likely signing of Jordan De Goey means the Pies will likely need Grundy’s contract off their books, even if they pay $300,000 per season of his deal at Melbourne.

Collingwood is not yet out of the race to re-sign exciting forward Henry, a No.17 draft pick pushed out of the side late in the year.

While Geelong has expressed an interest, the Cats’ main priority is landing GWS midfielder Tanner Bruhn.

Former Geelong Falcon Henry, whose brother Jack plays with the Cats, has increasingly spent more time back in Geelong this year as his contract talks have drifted in his second season.

The Cats are aware that as he assesses his future prospects at Collingwood he could be open to a move down the highway.

But they have not progressed those discussions as he works through whether there is a role for him at the Pies in an increasingly crowded forward line.

The Cats have an assortment of small forwards including Tyson Stengle, Brad Close and Gryan Miers, and could be unwilling to hand over a first-round selection.

Collingwood loves the pace and precision ball use of GWS wingman Bobby Hill, who has officially chosen the Pies but held off public confirmation until after their final game.

GWS is prepared to trade him given the return from injury of Brent Daniels.

Brisbane free agent McStay is certain to join the Pies, as reported by the Herald Sun in August.

While his last final against Geelong was poor he put together two excellent finals and was in the coaches’ votes in two of his final six home-and-away games.

Adelaide’s Billy Frampton has chosen the Pies as his new home, with Collingwood eyeing him as defensive cover and likely to secure him for a late pick.

The Pies have real interest in Gold Coast’s Fiorini, with the Suns exploring left-field ways to shed cap space in a manner that creates opportunities for rival clubs.

It means Collingwood might secure him in a Suns salary dump and spread his $600,000 salary over multiple years. Last season Fiorini averaged 23.4 possessions, 91 ranking points and 4.1 marks.

Gold Coast’s determination to bring their salary cap into alignment means players like Fiorini and goalsneak Alex Sexton would be available for rival clubs in trades that could see them improve their draft position while securing Suns players.

Again, what’s with the pessimistic over-reactions?

Kreuger is again fit and well and had real impact after coming on to replace Cox. I’m gonna back him in to secure his spot in our best 22 next year. What’s the harm in being positive and optimistic about Kreuger, AJ and the rest of our team?

I’m rapt to have Kreuger playing. But smashing your body into everything and not picking your moment will lead to a lot of down time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got the pick needed to get Hill with a bonus on a Fiorini salary dump, that would be a bonus! Not sure how much of his salary we could afford though.

Only has the best 2 key forwards as his one-two punch.
He becomes the 4th forward (once you also have to watch Stengle carefully).
But yeah… Ash is the incumbent and he can have a big pre-season if he wants it. 👍👍
Yeah, if we can get a decent kpf. Would help out the rest of the forward line as well. Plenty of upside to Johnson.

We’d be a worse performing team if we’re winning more hitouts and clearances?

We lost 3 in the first 6 Games with Grundy there

We lost 3 in the final 16 games without Grundy

So yes. We would have performed worse with Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back