List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2022-->

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Key dates attached so we know what’s going on when.

• Friday 30 September at 9.00am
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency and Unrestricted Free Agency Period commences
Monday 03 October at 9.00am
  • AFL Trade Period commences – Players & Selections
Friday 07 October at 5.00pm
  • Close of AFL Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.
Monday 10 October
  • AFL Draft Nominations open (9am)
  • AFL Restricted Free Agency Matching Offer 3 Day Period Ends (5pm)
Wednesday 12 October at 7.30pm
  • AFL Trade Period closes – players and selections
Thursday 03 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) commences
Wednesday 09 November at 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) closes
Friday 11 November at 9.00am
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) commences
Tuesday 15 November by 5.00pm
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) closes
  • AFL Trade Period closes – selections only
Monday 21 November by 3.00pm
  • AFL Draft Nominations close
Monday 28 November at 7.10pm
  • 2022 AFL Draft Round One (Venue TBC)
  • Father/Son, Academy & NGA and Players Bidding opens.
Tuesday 29 November
  • AFL Trade Period – selections only (5.45pm to 6.30pm)
  • 2022 AFL National Draft Round two until completion (7pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period opens (10pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) commences (10pm)
  • Rookie Upgrade Period closes (11pm)
  • AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) closes (11pm)
Wednesday 30 November
  • AFL Pre-Season Draft (3pm, online)
  • AFL Rookie Draft (3.20pm, online)
Thursday 01 December by 4.00pm
  • Final AFL Club List Lodgement

Argh, our football list management is absolutely trash. Still. Leaks everywhere.

We are desperate sellers of Grundy. Everyone knows we will cave. Why wouldn't Melbourne play hardball? If Wright knew he didn't want him, why not sell him last year when we could have gotten a first round pick or two and maybe even the other team paying all the salary. Nope, let's wait until he gets injured for a year and is at his lowest possible value point.

Frampton, the Crows know we pretty much need him now as a key back and ruck replacement, so they can ask for way more than he is worth.

Ok, let's learn from the lessons of the past and not lock ourselves into any long term contracts for anything but absolutely proven, professional and consistent players...5 years for DeGoey and McStay you say? What could go wrong?
5 years for Degoey is a no brainer. I bet you cheered the goals he kicked in finals.

As hilarious as it would be to shaft the Dees. I'd rather have Mitchell on the list in 2023 over Grundy.

Or both

Happy Business GIF by J Hus

That'd be some deal. I've read it but I'm still having trouble believing it.
Not sure why. Brodie spread his contract over 2 years at Freo without even getting the extra year and $$ for security, which is a much worse deal.

Not sure why. Brodie spread his contract over 2 years at Freo without even getting the extra year and $$ for security, which is a much worse deal.

Maybe I'm conditioned to every player being a greedy ****. We can call it the Grundy, Beams, Henry syndrome or GBH for short.

5 years for Degoey is a no brainer. I bet you cheered the goals he kicked in finals.

It looks good now, but Grundy for 5 years prob looked good a couple of years ago too. Things can change quickly. And why the hell wouldn't I have cheered? Does cheering mean I support the 5 year deal? Does cheering mean I support DeGoey unequivocally and want him to take as much money as he wants? He has hardly been a Geelong style "take less for the team" kind of player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 33 they can trade to a club for a future 2nd which unlocks the future 1st to be traded.
I don't think they can Beeg as the Cats traded out their future 2nd, 3rd & future 4th to Brisbane to piss us off.
So they would need to bring back all 3 x futures i.e. future 2nd, 3rd & future 4th to trade out their future 1st

I really don't get this idiot Collingwood rejects 25 because its not 1st round

how the f#ck does pick 33 improve the offer its still not 1st round

I think the most frustrating part about the Ollie situation is that we likely would have accepted pick 18 and GWS would have likely accepted 25 for Bruhn

I genuinely think they get their trades the wrong way around in terms of what picks to deal combined with who is the more valuable player at this stage.

I think the most frustrating part about the Ollie situation is that we likely would have accepted pick 18 and GWS would have likely accepted 25 for Bruhn

I genuinely think they get their trades the wrong way around in terms of what picks to deal combined with who is the more valuable player at this stage.
Geelong see us as a threat and they don't see GWS as one.

Jackson is gone so unless Melbourne can convince a Lobb or Meek to nominate them as an option we now have some genuine bargaining power because as it stands Melbourne haven't fulfilled our requirement for a pick inside the top 25 for Grundy. We aren't the bad guy here.

As I see it they now have 4 options to choose from.

1. Seek out an alternative to Grundy.
2. Swap their pick 13 for our 16 as part of the deal.
3. Add a future 2nd round selection to sweeten the pot.
4. Reduce our yearly salary contribution by $100,000.

Hopefully Wright stands firm on the deals for both Grundy and Henry and either gets an improved offer or we walk away.

They’ll need to package them up and find a first rounder
But then they would decide that their new first rounder is untouchable and offer us pick 104

Is it possible Geelong spoke too early without putting their brain in to gear on the Henry deal? If they thought,F*ck, we don't want to do this deal this year, they may have f*cked up the pick swap so they could postpone until next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back