List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense from a Hawthorn perspective. Gunstan and Brust are moving on, they’ve got key talls in place, perfect for Henry to come in as a third.

Would be annoying for us from a trade perspective, I imagine we’d be looking for a pick in the teens that they don’t have
Hawthorn's first this year for Henry thanks if it came to that.

Hawthorn's first this year for Henry thanks if it came to that.
It doesn't really make sense. I don't really see Hawthorn offering him a lot of money, but if they were I can only see Wright accepting significant capital in return.

If they want to offer up #6, I'd probably think about it :p
Haha I like the optimism! Ask Sydney how that went to Jordan Dawson last year who had a lot more credits in the bank! Dare say we’d be taking 24 and moving on with our lives.

All speculation at this point anyway but it’s a bit of fun!

Makes sense from a Hawthorn perspective. Gunstan and Brust are moving on, they’ve got key talls in place, perfect for Henry to come in as a third.

Would be annoying for us from a trade perspective, I imagine we’d be looking for a pick in the teens that they don’t have

I can see why someone would join the dots on Hawthorn with there being reports of Gunston being targeted.

It just feels like media putting two stories together though.

Not sure what we’d want from Hawthorn but I’m sure someone will think Callow should be involved.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haha I like the optimism! Ask Sydney how that went to Jordan Dawson last year who had a lot more credits in the bank! Dare say we’d be taking 24 and moving on with our lives.

I'd take Pick 6 and steak knives player.

Would people entertain Darcy Parish as a FA at the end of 2023. You'd think he would be gettable and *essendon could let him walk with a poor ladder position.

Sydney got a future first, which is what our minimum demand should be. Dawson was older, hence him having more credits in the bank. Henry is a 20 year-old who has proven match-winning ability, and was taken in the first round a couple of years ago.

Would people entertain Darcy Parish as a FA at the end of 2023. You'd think he would be gettable and *essendon could let him walk with a poor ladder position.

As long as it's not on huge money. He's a good centre circle player, gets first use, good clearance player... but gee his numbers are inflated like almost no one else in the entire league.

If he could be coached to provide impact rather than go after the 1-2 then sure.

Suspect he would demand huge coin though, probably overpriced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked in Essendon for a number of years.
There's a certain entitled arrogance amongst their supporters which seems to reflect attitudes within the club.
Not necessarily amongst the players though - Simon Madden is as nice a bloke as you could meet.
For every Simon Madden there's a James Hird

"Those close to dealings maintain the Pies won’t be holding out for a king’s ransom at the trade table either."

Geez. We lose our best ruckman, pay 300k of his salary for years and get bugger all in return? I hope we're getting a top midfielder with the freed up salary not bloody McStay!

Missing out on Taranto and paying Grundy to play for the side on top of the ladder. They may have got the coaching staff in order but list management is still shambolic.

Mostly because of Ned Guy

Haha I like the optimism! Ask Sydney how that went to Jordan Dawson last year who had a lot more credits in the bank!
They got a future first (2022 pick 5), so I’d imagine they would say it went extremely well. As for a lot more credits in the bank, 5th year vs 2nd year? Ollie has achieved a hell of a lot more in his career to day than Dawson had at the same age.
Dare say we’d be taking 24 and moving on with our lives.

Jesus I’m glad you’re not our list manager.

"Those close to dealings maintain the Pies won’t be holding out for a king’s ransom at the trade table either."

Geez. We lose our best ruckman, pay 300k of his salary for years and get bugger all in return? I hope we're getting a top midfielder with the freed up salary not bloody McStay!

GWS dont want Taranto to leave. So they’re fighting for him.

B Hill for Grundy and $300k of his salar - what could go wrong?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back